Homebrew Emulator Flycast Standalone for Nintendo Switch

xunuman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Nvm seem like flycast on switch could not run naomi 2 yet. But i have other questions How can i improve the perfomance of nba2k2(lag too much and sound stuttering)? Second question is how can i turn on All VMUs(needed for fire pro wrestling d save data import)?

ber71

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Nvm seem like flycast on switch could not run naomi 2 yet. But i have other questions How can i improve the perfomance of nba2k2(lag too much and sound stuttering)?
If you're running ntsc (us) images, try pal (eu) which may perform better as pal targets a lower fps to be fullspeed, 50 instead of 60. A bit less framerate for a smoother emulation.

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Nvm seem like flycast on switch could not run naomi 2 yet. But i have other questions How can i improve the perfomance of nba2k2(lag too much and sound stuttering)? Second question is how can i turn on All VMUs(needed for fire pro wrestling d save data import)?
to improve performance, try overclocking

xunuman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
i used the newest flycast version but when loading beachspi for naomi 2 im stucked on the loading screen.

ber71

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Didn't see posted yet. New release available.

V2.1
  • Full framebuffer emulation (Densha de Go 2, homebrew)
  • Linux AppImage builds
  • Automatic crash reporting with Sentry
  • Broadcast arcade digital outputs (lights, force feedback) over the network
  • Android keyboard support
  • Various GDB fixes and improvements, CPU graphs, Profiler by @BigEvilCorporation in #832
  • Texture Upscaling for iOS by @vkedwardli in #805
  • And many, many, many bug fixes and performance improvements

https://github.com/flyinghead/flycast/releases/download/V2.1/flycast.nro

ayumi0001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Didn't see posted yet. New release available.

V2.1
  • Full framebuffer emulation (Densha de Go 2, homebrew)
  • Linux AppImage builds
  • Automatic crash reporting with Sentry
  • Broadcast arcade digital outputs (lights, force feedback) over the network
  • Android keyboard support
  • Various GDB fixes and improvements, CPU graphs, Profiler by @BigEvilCorporation in #832
  • Texture Upscaling for iOS by @vkedwardli in #805
  • And many, many, many bug fixes and performance improvements

https://github.com/flyinghead/flycast/releases/download/V2.1/flycast.nro

HI.
switch version purupru pak not supported?

diegocobo8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Horizon or bust

To me if you're running Android or Linux then it isn't a switch anymore, just a tablet
I totally agree with you!!, I preffer to have all my Switch lybrary under Horizon OS instead installing android or ubuntu, for aesthetyc reasons and organization. I appreciate the effort for the developers but that things (emulate through android or ubuntu) can be done way better by a smartphone or tablet nowadays.
Post automatically merged:

Horizon or bust

To me if you're running Android or Linux then it isn't a switch anymore, just a tablet
I totally agree with you!!, I preffer to have all my Switch lybrary under Horizon OS instead installing android or ubuntu, this for aesthetyc reasons and practical organization (I hate to do hard reset -inyecting payload, etc- every time switching between os). I appreciate the effort for the developers but that things (emulate through android or ubuntu) can be done way better by a smartphone or a tablet nowadays. I just want my Nintendo Switch for enjoy all its library AND emulation stuff but with its own capabilities.

Last edited by diegocobo8,

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I totally agree with you!!, I preffer to have all my Switch lybrary under Horizon OS instead installing android or ubuntu, for aesthetyc reasons and organization. I appreciate the effort for the developers but that things (emulate through android or ubuntu) can be done way better by a smartphone or tablet nowadays.
Post automatically merged:

I totally agree with you!!, I preffer to have all my Switch lybrary under Horizon OS instead installing android or ubuntu, this for aesthetyc reasons and practical organization (I hate to do hard reset -inyecting payload, etc- every time switching between os). I appreciate the effort for the developers but that things (emulate through android or ubuntu) can be done way better by a smartphone or a tablet nowadays. I just want my Nintendo Switch for enjoy all its library AND emulation stuff but with its own capabilities.
lakka is a perfect solution for stuff that just doesn't perform well in HOS..it doesn't require a hard reset, takes literally a couple of button presses and within 30 sec you are ready to play. Also there's no need in repartitioning, just drag n drop. But to each their own of course. I mostly use lakka for all my emulation needs since hos is a bit cumbersome with all standalone/cores stuff + some roms just don't perform well in HOS compared to lakka.

Reactions: diegocobo8

diegocobo8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
never tried lakka before but thanks for the tip, bro
lakka is a perfect solution for stuff that just doesn't perform well in HOS..it doesn't require a hard reset, takes literally a couple of button presses and within 30 sec you are ready to play. Also there's no need in repartitioning, just drag n drop. But to each their own of course. I mostly use lakka for all my emulation needs since hos is a bit cumbersome with all standalone/cores stuff + some roms just don't perform well in HOS compared to lakka.
Never tried Lakka before but thanks for the tip, dude. In which games/cores will notice an improvement? I dedicated my Switch console for its own library (Nintendo Switch games), and for emulation im only interested in arcade, snes, sega megadrive, gba, psx and a few games from Dreamcast. At this moment, every checked game through Retroarch in Horizon OS works fine.

diegocobo8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I can't get the standalone to work, must be using wrong folders and/or BIOS files or something.
just download this package:

extract it with Winrar, and put all files in the root of your SD Card. Now the boot of lakka will be available in your payloader options. Follow the instructions for the "roms" folder, too.
Opera Captura de pantalla_2023-04-16_131525_www.facebook.jpg

TheGioGrande

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody else noticing there's a bunch of bad frame pacing in the latest version of Flycast? For whatever reason, no matter what settings I change, the FPS reading constantly fluctuates from 29 to 31 fps on 30fps titles which makes the game look extremely choppy and jittery despite running at full speed 99% of the time.

This standalone would be so perfect if it didn't have all that frame pacing issues.

ber71

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

v2.2: SystemSP, F355 multiboard, VF.Net

Repository: flyinghead/flycast · Tag: v2.2 · Commit: c1f0a5a · Released by: flyinghead

What's New​

• Naomi F355 multiboard
  • Sega SystemSP emulation
  • Virtua Fighter 4 RFID card support. VF.Net emulation server
  • Naomi touchscreen (Manic Panic Ghosts, Touch de Uno 1 & 2, Touch de zunou)
  • Hopper for Kick'4'Cash, Shootout Pool and Club Kart Prize
  • F355 Deluxe and Touch de Uno 1 & 2 printer
  • Sega Driving Simulator
  • Android Scoped Storage
  • SH4 under/overclock option
  • Mushiking series
  • Naomi Alien Front worldwide ranking server
  • NetDIMM 3.7 networking high-level emulation
  • Racing Controller, Fishing Controller, Maracas, Densha de Go controller, Pop'n'Music Controller (@AltoRetrato)
  • Real time Video Routing for streamers (@vkedwardli)
  • SystemSP RFID chip emulation: Dinosaur King, Love & Berry
  • Dreamcast 32 MB RAM option (@cepawiel)

What's Improved​

• Support for Windows CE games on 32-bit x86 arch
  • Hotkeys for Save and Load State
  • Force feedback info netcast to Boomlangnz's FFB plugin: F355, 18 Wheeler, Club Kart, King of Route 66
  • Use a gamepad with arcade lightgun games
  • Per-game VMU A1 option
  • Improved detection of Windows CE games
  • Latin-1 and Asian fonts support in HLE BIOS
  • Video centering support (San Francisco Rush 2049, Street Fighter III - 3rd strike, Metropolis Street Racer)
  • Daytona USA networking
  • Eldorado Gate 4 to 7 compatibility
  • Implement dithering in Full Framebuffer Emulation mode
  • Upgrade dependencies, build improvements, and more thanks to @scribam
  • And many, many, many bug fixes thanks to @kihato and all bug reporters

Reactions: hippy dave

mae77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

v2.2: SystemSP, F355 multiboard, VF.Net

Repository: flyinghead/flycast · Tag: v2.2 · Commit: c1f0a5a · Released by: flyinghead

What's New​

• Naomi F355 multiboard
  • Sega SystemSP emulation
  • Virtua Fighter 4 RFID card support. VF.Net emulation server
  • Naomi touchscreen (Manic Panic Ghosts, Touch de Uno 1 & 2, Touch de zunou)
  • Hopper for Kick'4'Cash, Shootout Pool and Club Kart Prize
  • F355 Deluxe and Touch de Uno 1 & 2 printer
  • Sega Driving Simulator
  • Android Scoped Storage
  • SH4 under/overclock option
  • Mushiking series
  • Naomi Alien Front worldwide ranking server
  • NetDIMM 3.7 networking high-level emulation
  • Racing Controller, Fishing Controller, Maracas, Densha de Go controller, Pop'n'Music Controller (@AltoRetrato)
  • Real time Video Routing for streamers (@vkedwardli)
  • SystemSP RFID chip emulation: Dinosaur King, Love & Berry
  • Dreamcast 32 MB RAM option (@cepawiel)

What's Improved​

• Support for Windows CE games on 32-bit x86 arch
  • Hotkeys for Save and Load State
  • Force feedback info netcast to Boomlangnz's FFB plugin: F355, 18 Wheeler, Club Kart, King of Route 66
  • Use a gamepad with arcade lightgun games
  • Per-game VMU A1 option
  • Improved detection of Windows CE games
  • Latin-1 and Asian fonts support in HLE BIOS
  • Video centering support (San Francisco Rush 2049, Street Fighter III - 3rd strike, Metropolis Street Racer)
  • Daytona USA networking
  • Eldorado Gate 4 to 7 compatibility
  • Implement dithering in Full Framebuffer Emulation mode
  • Upgrade dependencies, build improvements, and more thanks to @scribam
  • And many, many, many bug fixes thanks to @kihato and all bug reporters
Thanks man! Any better perfomance for Marvel vs Capcom 2?

AkitoUF

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I've tried to play Skies of Arcadia but I'm getting freezes at random, is there something I can do about this or is it a known issue?

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
I've tried to play Skies of Arcadia but I'm getting freezes at random, is there something I can do about this or is it a known issue?
You need to change the audio driver. One of them causes random freeze lock ups.

I can't remember if you need to set it to audren or switch_thread.

Obviously it will be the one that your setting isn't currently at right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!