Flashcart Choice and Questions

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by jonthedit, Jul 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonthedit
    OP

jonthedit GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 30, 2011
    Bangladesh
    I need help choosing a flashcart.
    I've already narrowed it down to these 2 the EZ-Vi cart.
    [​IMG]

I'm sort of new to this, and have a few questions.
    I HAVE CHOSEN THE EZ-Vi One DONT TALK ABOUT THE OTHER ONE PLEASE!

1) If my choice has AutoAP Bypass, does that prevent me from using any (By using any is there a mode to switch into) cheat codes? /UNANSWERED
    2) Once you insert/attach the cart, is it impossible to remove it from the DSi without breaking the cart? /ANSWERED
    3) Does the DSi fit in a original DS standard case with a Flash cart? (One of the first DS Cases ever from the DS system before DSlite) /UNANSWERED
    4) The chart (Image) shows they have the same features. Yet one is 2$ cheaper... /ANSWERED *Support Difference*
    5) Do these current carts install/work correctly on 1.4.2? (Info on 1.4.3 too please, I'm thinking about updating.) /ANSWERED
    6) Is the Deluxe Edition any different from the Premium Edition of the EZVi one? /UNANSWERED
    Thanks for your help and support. And sorry if this is the wrong section, I'm completly new to the DSi Homebrew scene.

Note : This was a rush job, as I have to leave in a couple of minutes. Got to pack [​IMG]

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    [*]The "clean mode" that automatically bypasses most AP turns off all non-critical patches, so yes this includes cheats.
    [*]The carts are shaped just like normal DS game carts (except with a MicroSD), so you can put them in and take them out just like a normal game.
    [*]AFAIK the DSi is slightly smaller than the original DS (which was bulky), so I see no fitting issue.
    [*]The EZ-Flash Vi was one of the first carts to have some of the features it has so it's kept it's slightly-higher price, whereas the iSmart is a newer one, and is budget-oriented (and has less support).
    [*]1.4.2 yes. 1.4.3 not sure for the EZ-Flash Usually carts update within a few weeks if they update at all, while come update fast others can update slow... but the EZ-Flash should get a 1.4.3 bypass (the iSmart's was already released). 1.4.3 is very recent.

3. jonthedit
    OP

jonthedit GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 30, 2011
    Bangladesh
    Thanks for the other info, but my real question is can you turn off the "clean mode" to use cheats? (On games that work without "clean mode"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.