Hacking Flashcart advice needed - DSi XL - Firmware Ver 1.4E (Cannot update)

StuBlad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey,

I'm sorry if this isn't the right place to post this or if I'm missing some kind of FAQ thread that would answer my questions but I wasn't able to find what I needed.

I have a European DSi XL that I got from my grandmother before she passed several years ago that was barely used. I've been wanting to get a flashcart for it for sometime now but only just got the bug to do this again.

The system firmware is Ver 1.4E and I've tried to update it but I'm not able to access a WEP encrypted WiFi hotspot despite trying a bunch of things such as using my iPhone, using Windows 10 to setup a hotspot and such. I didn't want to have to buy an old router just to set something up but if necessary I will.

My question is this.

Are there any flashcarts available that would work with my system firmware without needing to update it? I've been recommended both the R4i Gold 3DS Plus and the Acekard 2i but I don't have a particular preference as to which one I purchase. My requirements are simply that I want to be certain it will work on my system without needing to update the DSi XL itself. If I need to do anything to the cart or SD card that's fine and I can handle that.

Thank you for your time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, DO THE METH!!!