GM9 to transfer files from flashcart to sd?

Gehrschrein

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, asking for advice here as I've not had any success with my searches on this topic.

I have two DS systems I swap between quite regularly, a lite and a DSi XL. Is there any way to easily copy files (save games) from the flashcart to the XL's SD with GM9?
Running GM9 on the DSi doesn't give me the ability to browse the flashcart's file system.
FTP is an option, but it involves the headache of using a client and in addition it's quite slow.

For reference, I have a DSOne cart and running EvolutionOS.
My DSi is on HiyaCFW.

I'm fairly new to DS homebrew so if there are any other options not considered, please suggest.

Thanks!

Gehrschrein

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotcha, I might just be exceptionally thick (known to happen) here but while I've managed to get TW++ to read both SD as well as flashcart SD succesfully, I'm not sure how to actually use it to copy files across from one fs to the other.

Is there something obvious I'm missing?
The bottom screen shows which button to use to mark a file to be copied. Otherwise, just press A on a file, then select "Copy to fat:/gm9i/out/" to copy to flashcard, or "Copy to sd:/gm9i/out/" to copy to SD card.

Reactions: Gehrschrein

Gehrschrein

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The bottom screen shows which button to use to mark a file to be copied. Otherwise, just press A on a file, then select "Copy to fat:/gm9i/out/" to copy to flashcard, or "Copy to sd:/gm9i/out/" to copy to SD card.
Thanks for your replies and help! Managed to get there in the end.

I was launching gm9 from SD and from flashcart directly, not via TM++.

When in fact what I needed to do was:

1. Start TM++ from SD
  2. Switch to flashcart from within TM++ (at this point Evolution OS boots up from flashcart)
  3. Start TM++ from flashcart
  4. Start GM9 from there
Doing it this way enables gm9 to view both flashcart and SD files and I can copy things across.
(I have tried launching TM++ directly from EOS after booting directly from slot-01 but it doesn't start)

All sorted now!

Last edited by Gehrschrein,
Reactions: RocketRobz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto