Hacking First 7.1 firmware needing game is out...

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well. I think there should be a stick with easy (easier?) to search topics regarding roms begging and noob questions. Kinda like an AIO for noobs thread.

Then implement the ban hammer of justice. Ban noobs for a minimum of 30 days with the offending thread locked IF their question or topics were found in the AIO thread.

can't really ban a thread if a dumbass who can't read hijacks it with a rom question (has happened before)

DeckardBR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hoshi.no.Kirby.Triple.Deluxe.JPN.3DS-BigBlueBox confirmed working on GW 2.0b1. Gameplay features no dialog and its easy to jump right in and play.

Much better game than Yoshi's Island. I have a feeling Yoshi's was made by a very small team using the old snes rom assets.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate to change the subject, but I noticed the Download Play mode in Mario Party Island Tour also requires 7.1. Just thought I'd point that out.

Reactions: cearp

Warft

Say my name!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hoshi.no.Kirby.Triple.Deluxe.JPN.3DS-BigBlueBox confirmed working on GW 2.0b1. Gameplay features no dialog and its easy to jump right in and play.

Much better game than Yoshi's Island. I have a feeling Yoshi's was made by a very small team using the old snes rom assets.
Yes, Kirby Triple Deluxe Jap works on 2.0b1 without Emunand.

phanteon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate to change the subject, but I noticed the Download Play mode in Mario Party Island Tour also requires 7.1. Just thought I'd point that out.

No, it doesn't.

i played party mode from my 3DS (from gw actually, 4.5 sysnand and 4.5 emunand) and other 3 3DS's in download mode. Everything just fine.
i believe what you mandatory need is a rom from the same region as your 3DS

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
some download play games will ask the other players to update to play, i was going to try out the yoshi's island multi player and it asks to update the other 4.x 3ds....didn't try with emunand but i suppose it would work fine then, but for just a normal 3ds of the same region it asks you to update

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[deleted post]
I'm pretty sure that precedent was set, iuno... before I was born? Back then, it was searching libraries instead of the net, but it still applies. People will ask for crap without searching no matter what. You could've easily said "Yes, but if you searched before you asked, you would have found the answer" in less than half the time it took you to type your previous, non-constructive message. Or, you could have just quoted the guy at the top of this page who said he tested Yoshi's Island and it worked.

Reactions: Densetsu and cearp

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
or redirected him to the first post of this thread, which has a lot more informations on how to play Yoshi's Island.
it's not just "yes it works", it's "yes, but it depends which version you are using, please check the first post to understand how to play that game in a compatible environment"

Reactions: Densetsu

Gilberd

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
There are a lot of games that run in a different language than expected like this game running in japanese and I think Bravely Default doing the same. So does that mean that there is a way to force these games into different language?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
There are a lot of games that run in a different language than expected like this game running in japanese and I think Bravely Default doing the same. So does that mean that there is a way to force these games into different language?
at the moment no. this is because we are bypassing the region lock. if you play a U game on an E console, E consoles have english spanish and french, so if the U game were to have those languages, and your E console was set to one of them, you would be ok.
as in, you have a 3ds game from the USA, it has english and spanish as the languages. you cannot select the languages, it reads the system language from your 3ds console.
if you load this rom on a european 3ds, you should be ok, as if you wanted to play that game in spanish, you could simply set your 3ds language to spanish.

BUT, if you had a japanese 3ds, and wanted to play the game in spanish, there is nothing you can do, since you can only select japanese as your language for your 3ds system.

although, i thought in bravely default you could change the language 'manually'? so there shouldn't be a problem for that game... i think?

Gilberd

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
at the moment no. this is because we are bypassing the region lock. if you play a U game on an E console, E consoles have english spanish and french, so if the U game were to have those languages, and your E console was set to one of them, you would be ok.
as in, you have a 3ds game from the USA, it has english and spanish as the languages. you cannot select the languages, it reads the system language from your 3ds console.
if you load this rom on a european 3ds, you should be ok, as if you wanted to play that game in spanish, you could simply set your 3ds language to spanish.

BUT, if you had a japanese 3ds, and wanted to play the game in spanish, there is nothing you can do, since you can only select japanese as your language for your 3ds system.

although, i thought in bravely default you could change the language 'manually'? so there shouldn't be a problem for that game... i think?

ok then
but why does yoshi's island randomly display in japanese for non-japanese consoles?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
they probably left the Japanese content in the game when they translated it to english, and the bug causes it to load the original set up instead of the translated content

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...