Hacking First 7.1 firmware needing game is out...

Countdooku666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey i have this GW_BETA_RELEASE_2.0b1.zip .

I have GW 2.0b1 on my 3DS and i have never used emunand i just copied the legend of zelda a link between worlds to my Micro SD card then did the usual gateway startup since the beginnings of 3ds gateway ( Never used emunand )

Will Yoshis new island work for me if i just drag over the game to the SD card and then start the game or will it ask for 7.0 or brick my 3ds or gateway ?

/Thx in advance really want to play this awesome game!!!!

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey i have this GW_BETA_RELEASE_2.0b1.zip .

I have GW 2.0b1 on my 3DS and i have never used emunand i just copied the legend of zelda a link between worlds to my Micro SD card then did the usual gateway startup since the beginnings of 3ds gateway ( Never used emunand )

Will Yoshis new island work for me if i just drag over the game to the SD card and then start the game or will it ask for 7.0 or brick my 3ds or gateway ?

/Thx in advance really want to play this awesome game!!!!
No game should ever brick your 3DS or Gateway. And the update spoofing should ensure that no game ever attempts to update either. Worst case scenario is that the game won't run - you lose nothing by trying. (also, buying the game is always a backup plan for now - this will probably change once 7.0+ SDK games arrive (these are NOT the same as games that require you to be on 7.0+ or higher and it may take some time before we see these))

Countdooku666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No game should ever brick your 3DS or Gateway. And the update spoofing should ensure that no game ever attempts to update either. Worst case scenario is that the game won't run - you lose nothing by trying. (also, buying the game is always a backup plan for now - this will probably change once 7.0+ SDK games arrive (these are NOT the same as games that require you to be on 7.0+ or higher and it may take some time before we see these))

Hey but it says like this _

ALL Games work fine with:
  • GW 2.0b1 + NO emuNAND.
  • GW 2.0b2 + NO emuNAND. Dangerous. Not recommended

I have GW 2.0b1 + no Emunand and it doesn´t say Dangerous on B1 it only says dangerous on B2 shouldnt it be safe then ??????

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey but it says like this _

ALL Games work fine with:
  • GW 2.0b1 + NO emuNAND.
  • GW 2.0b2 + NO emuNAND. Dangerous. Not recommended
I have GW 2.0b1 + no Emunand and it doesn´t say Dangerous on B1 it only says dangerous on B2 shouldnt it be safe then ??????
The thing that is causing issues is the GW 2.0b2 firmware ITSELF, not the games. No matter what you do with 2.0b2, it's dangerous because it has a bug that can cause bricking under rare circumstances. (although running diagnostics on 2.0b2 apparently has a ~20% chance of bricking) On the other hand, as far as we're aware all other GW firmwares are fine.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Its gonna be a looooong while before SDK 7+ games comes out, dunno why it keeps getting bought up, the Firmware Version and the SDK Version, dont sit side by side, its not like SDK 7 was sent out to devs the day FW 7 came out, FFS there are even any SDK 6 games out yet, games take a while to develop, and whatever they build on from day 1 is what they stay built on, id even be surprised if anything is even being built on it at present, if its even out there yet, maybe in 6 months might see some shovelware built on a higher kit

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm still bitter, but if you've looked in other threads it's kinda clear I've let my hate out already. Who can blame him? Pissed me off too, and still does.

Great that this game works! I'll be grabbing it soon!

Except he was not bitter about the bricking stuff.

He is bitter that Gateway couldn't whip up another exploit overnight to support >4.5. Done nothing but complain about it, sold his 3DS, then used the bricking to shit up Gateway threads and still does it now.

Also quite strange to make that comment over someone essentially going "free game", when you sold your 3ds, because you couldn't get in on the "free games".

Reactions: Huntereb

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except he was not bitter about the bricking stuff.

He is bitter that Gateway couldn't whip up another exploit overnight to support >4.5. Done nothing but complain about it, sold his 3DS, then used the bricking to shit up Gateway threads and still does it now.

Also quite strange to make that comment over someone essentially going "free game", when you sold your 3ds, because you couldn't get in on the "free games".
No, like 99% of everyone on this site, he only wants Gateway for homebrew. Duh.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, we're actually moving into becoming more of a legitimate gaming site (funnily enough!). It's not encouraged to spread these types of links anywhere on the site, period. ;)

legitimate?...yeah after the site went "down" for that long period the release list (similar to what the "scene" has) was pretty much conveniently "hidden" now...soooo what your saying is that eventually the flashcart and everything related to them type of conversations" (such as comments in this entire thread about getting a 3DS leaked rom working on a Chinese reverse engineered DS cartridge) will be banned?..I might have to find another site for flashcart support..

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
so will the flashcart and the ROM "conversations" be banned?..I might have to find another site for flashcart support
Conversations, support etc is fine, hosting or linking to copyrighted files is not. At least that's how it currently is and I assume that's how it's going to stay.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Conversations, support etc is fine, hosting or linking to copyrighted files is not. At least that's how it currently is and I assume that's how it's going to stay.

I'm just a little thrown back by "moving" towards....hasn't the "temp" (minus its GBA ROM days) always been a "take no shit for roms" type of policy?...what is there to move "forward" to?

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so newbz askin for "pm romzz plzz" how are we going to stop that?...there are always going to be dumb fuckers who can't read who will sign up for "download links"

Oh I didn't mean it like that. The way I see it, the DS scene is kinda dead, the Wii scene is kinda dead, and the 3DS scene is in a "hiatus" of sorts while Gateway sorts their shit out lol. Nowadays, we've been gearing towards a larger group of technology instead of focusing solely on things like homebrew and flash chip related stuff.

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
so newbz askin for "pm romzz plzz" how are we going to stop that?...there are always going to be dumb fuckers who can't read who will sign up for "download links"

Well. I think there should be a stick with easy (easier?) to search topics regarding roms begging and noob questions. Kinda like an AIO for noobs thread.

Then implement the ban hammer of justice. Ban noobs for a minimum of 30 days with the offending thread locked IF their question or topics were found in the AIO thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I better over react and get all fussy for the lols