Gaming Firmware Update Compilation thread / List of Flashcards working on 3DS

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flash cards should not be added to the list until it has been verified by more than a website or someone in a thread with their 1st post, who probably just read the same message on the same site...just my 2 cents. I really want proof of the screen showing 3.0.0-5 and the r4i-sdhc 3ds working before I'm going to believe it. Anyone care to help?

MrGizMo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
holy mother of g*d !! i was sick of waiting for a update from acekard that i ordered a freaking Supercard DSTWO and what did they do ? bring a g*ddamn update same day........ thankyou bigtime acekard :hateit: .
well screw it have a backup flashcart then....

LoL, they were waiting for the 3.0.0.5 update, Like they are doing with every update that has been released

ZeD

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I updated my R4I SDHC and then my 3DS and it doesnt work! On the site it says it did! Going have to find a friend with a DS to update my card now!!

feint_ruled

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I updated my R4I SDHC and then my 3DS and it doesnt work! On the site it says it did! Going have to find a friend with a DS to update my card now!!

I have a DS handy (two actually!) and it does not update the card. If you think about it, how could it - you had to update it for the last firmware it's not going to magically be able to update again! We need a new firmware I think, never mind what the site says.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
OP
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
R4iTT Purple is listed working, but how? Can't find anything new in the site, 2.2.0-4 is last update there.
Can anyone give me some info?
Thanks!
purple on as long has 2.2.0-4 update it still works on 3.0.0-5

r4i-sdhc
1.47b and going to the bouncing WiFi box, not through the configure and then upgrade options

Reactions: 1 person

ZeD

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I could never get the Wifi working on R4i sdhc! So the latest version firmware version from the site is useless??

feint_ruled

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the suggestion but WiFi update on the R4i-SDHC doesn't work either - it just takes it up to the same version 1.48b (like the website) which still doesn't boot in the 3DS.

BMasterP

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Since there is no flashcard section specific for the 3ds, i thought i ask my question here...
i got a 3ds from my gf yesterday, then while checking it out, the thing sayd he no browser untill you update, so ignorant me(have more modded systems, and since in the old days flashcards would always work i gave it no second thought). SO now i have the new update 3.0.0

i wanted to ask, what my posibillity's are now at the moment. I actually bought the damn thing coz i wanted it for mario 3d land and the flashcard so i could play ds/advanced gb roms and stuff.

the first thing i noticed was the absence of the gba slot.... So i imediately thought damn there goes the slot 2 card possibility(coz when i last had a ds the only flashcard that could perfectly emulate advanced games where slot 2 cards right???)

So then i read the newspost about the new firmware, looked for compaitble cards, and then the review from those cards here on gbatemp (not all of the cards are reviewed btw)

then i read this post, someone sayd, ds emulation is far from perfect thats why i kept my ds(i)

So no i dont know where to begin, what are my posibility's, what flashcard has the highest ds compatibility, thats priority 1
then gb advanced/gb/gbc nes snes etc i dunno where to begin. english isnt my native language, i finds it hard these things.

i would really appreciate any help i could get...

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since there is no flashcard section specific for the 3ds, i thought i ask my question here...
~~~snip~~~~
So no i dont know where to begin, what are my posibility's, what flashcard has the highest ds compatibility, thats priority 1
then gb advanced/gb/gbc nes snes etc i dunno where to begin. english isnt my native language, i finds it hard these things.

i would really appreciate any help i could get...
GBA emulation is mostly alright with the Supercard DStwo, but this is the wrong place to discuss this.
The reason there's no 3DS Flashcart subsection is because the 3DS isn't hacked, and only DS-mode carts are made to work on it (though perhaps the admins could put a link to the DS Flashcart section, would help people like you). (And there's one DSi-compatible cart also, you'll see)
Please check out Which flashcart should I get? thread but don't continue to discuss this off-topic here.
Or maybe start a thread in that section or 3DS Hacking & Homebrew section.

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Eff the M3i Zero. It was supposed to be good. Now I'm stuck between updating or playing. :/
Last time it was blocked, how long did it take for an update? Just curious.

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
new update is available on www.r4i-sdhc.com
1.49b includes the firmware update and now my r4 works on the new firmware
changes the title from the japanese game to prince caspian

so all good now
Hm... Mine is still Konami thing and won't boot after update...

EDIT: I notice on the website, it says 3.0.0-5j, but my 3DS is 3.0.0-5u. Does this mean english firmware isn't fixed yet?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...