Hacking Firmware help

Fusher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey , what's up guys ? :)

I have a problem and I really need to fix it, for my friend (she's a girl)
She has 3DS with some R4 card (i dont know name of it) and one micro-sd card (4 gb) .

Pic :
image1351520060887593.jpg

She gave it to me for few days so i can fix it, i m not sure how but i said i will do it xd , however i've downloaded firmware for v.4.4.0 -10U and when i copy it to root of my microsd card i dont know what to do next ? :S
Here is the question :

here is one step but i dont get it :S : "5.Download the latest upgrading programs. Unzip and copythe file(fwupdate_V5.02.nds) to the root directory of MicroSD card. "
and when i copy it, and when i put microsd card in r4 i dont know what to next :S (except putting r4 into 3ds xd), same thing happen : "An error has ocurred, Press and hold blah blah blah..."

and which picture in Home should i have ? Currently its Sponge-bob .

i've downloaded this firmware from this site, i hope u understand :)

celcodioc

Major A$$hole
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you (or she) download the 3DS firmware before you downloaded the flashcart firmware? In that case the flashcart is screwed unless you have a Nintendo DS/unupdated DSi which you can use to update the firmware.

Reactions: Fusher

Fusher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
what do u mean by 3ds firmware ? do you mean kernel (sorry , i m not very experienced) ?

i've downloaded kernel and i've installed it, after that i tried to play games (which i copied to my microsd) but i got an error saying "an error has ocurred blah..."

finz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Celcodioc is saying if you updated the 3DS firmware to 4.4.0-10 before you've updated the flashcart's firmware, you'll have to find another ds(doesn't matter which kind) to put the card in and update it's(the card) firmware to match the 3DS. Any DS/lite's will work, but if it's a DSi or 3DS it can't be updated to the latest firmware or you'll get the same error you're getting.

Fusher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Celcodioc is saying if you updated the 3DS firmware to 4.4.0-10 before you've updated the flashcart's firmware, you'll have to find another ds(doesn't matter which kind) to put the card in and update it's(the card) firmware to match the 3DS. Any DS/lite's will work, but if it's a DSi or 3DS it can't be updated to the latest firmware or you'll get the same error you're getting.

can u explain me how to do it ? my friend have nintendo ds lite so i can do it with his :)
thanks

finz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's best if you clear everything off of the micro SD. Get the latest firmware AND kernel for the cart (you said you found the kernel, but get the firmware too). Extract both to the root of the SD, put the SD in the cart and in the DS lite and it should update it for use in the 3DS.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
You need to download the firmware update from the site and run it on the DS Lite. Generally this means putting the .NDS file (for the update) on the MicroSD, then finding it in the flash cart and running it (as if it was a game ROM) and following the instructions to let it update.

Also that MicroSD you have is a piece of bullshit, you shouldn't use it. Go get a real MicroSD from a physical store near you, with a known-good brand such as A-Data, PNY, or Transcend (Kingston is popular but is a reseller, and Sandisk also makes cheap models so don't be tempted by those). Those unbranded fake MicroSDs can cause all sorts of issues down the line (sometimes sooner rather than later), such as games not loading, games crashing in the middle, saves being corrupted, and more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA-vTRfE_x0