ROM Hack Fire Emblem Fates Expanded Same-Sex Marriage Patch [WIP]

Shirokami~

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello guys!
So I know there's a twin Kana patch but is there also a way to give the female Kana to a Female Corrin? So basically just swapping the genders? Or is it just possible to do the twin-stuff?

BigBadLen

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, I used the search of GbaTemp, but it didn't return any result, so I'm just gonna ask: Does this patch work on Fire Emblem IF translation patch by Team IF? If not, there's a way to make it work?

Catsaber

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Citra did actually work surprisingly well. A much simpler job than I was expecting. For anyone else who wants to use this with Citra: Extract the .3ds of whichever Fates.3ds you've got, replace the GameData and m folders in the ExtractRomFS folder with the GameData and m from the patch, then rebuild it again. Works for the Non-shield Amiibo and unlocked Paralogues files too. Only requires the HackingToolkit3DS.

So if those files were used on a clean DS, an S rank gay couple would still be treated as an S rank, except for not being able to access the conversation?

And on the topic of support conversations: Do the Amiibo characters not have conversations because it's impossible for them to have conversations or just because they haven't been written?

Is it possible, by any chance, for you to upload the decrypted version of fates with the same-sex marriage somewhere? It's just that not only me but a few other ppl have no Knowledge in tampering with roms and imputing new files/decrypting and other stuff, so it would be a huge help for all of us :x

(i'm actually trying to do this as i type by following your steps after reading a bit about hackingtoolkit3ds, but i really have no idea on how to decrypt it after i finish everything atm..)

PalmitoIto

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Im trying to patch the gamedata with the all paralogues unlocked, i patch it and i open FEF with ntrcfw, it gives me arm11 error
help?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Im trying to patch the gamedata with the all paralogues unlocked, i patch it and i open FEF with ntrcfw, it gives me arm11 error
help?
solved, i not compress it

UnassumingVenusaur

In All Her Gay Glory
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
top_0057.png
top_0041.png

Here's another update for Gay Fates, version 0.6.1!

• Edited Forrest/Leo to accommodate same sex couples
  • Reverted the M!Corrin/Forrest C back to its original form
  • Added Support Options for:
    • Oboro x Peri C-S
  • Added Romantic Support Conversations for:
    • Forrest x Shigure S
    • Hisame x Shigure S
    • Forrest x Ignatius S
    • Xander x Kaze S
    • Arthur x Keaton S
    • Kiragi x Dwyer S
    • Selkie x Rhajat S
    • Peri x Felicia S
    • Peri x Kagero S
    • Ophelia x Rhajat S
    • Oboro x Rinkah S
    • Oboro x Mozu S
    • Oboro x Hinoka C-S
    • Oboro x Scarlet C-S
    • Oboro x Peri C-S
    • Oboro x Camilla C-S
  • Added Family Support Conversations for:
    • Takumi/Hisame
    • Hinata/Kiragi
    • Hisame/Kiragi Sibs
    • Xander/Midori
    • Kaze/Siegbert
    • Midori/Siegbert Sibs
    • Arthur/Velouria
    • Keaton/Percy
    • Velouria/Percy Sibs
    • Kiragi/Forrest Sibs
    • Odin/Forrest
    • Leo/Ophelia
    • Ophelia/Forrest Sibs

Silent Hell

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if there's a way to speed up loading times in Luma? Is it my SD card? Because it takes awhile to transition into a battle and characters load in one at a time. Sometimes loading between chapters takes like 10 seconds. Is this a normal issue or should I get a new SD card? I only ask because I've seen videos b DeathChaos where (I'm pretty sure) he uses Luma to load the files and instantly transitions into the battle.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if there's a way to speed up loading times in Luma? Is it my SD card? Because it takes awhile to transition into a battle and characters load in one at a time. Sometimes loading between chapters takes like 10 seconds. Is this a normal issue or should I get a new SD card? I only ask because I've seen videos b DeathChaos where (I'm pretty sure) he uses Luma to load the files and instantly transitions into the battle.
I've had this issue as well and I don't know of a fix.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well done as usual UV :) Using the NTR Fast Support cheat along with this patch is a perfect combo
Oboro teaching Rinkah how to eat properly is too cute

sataneku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello guys!
So I know there's a twin Kana patch but is there also a way to give the female Kana to a Female Corrin? So basically just swapping the genders? Or is it just possible to do the twin-stuff?
You can change other character's gender values by hex editing. It might be possible for MU.

Birdon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed the 0.6.1 update (ntr cfw version) a few posts above and for some reason I get an arm11 error/game crash when I access the record hall...any idea what this is or what I could be doing wrong?

EDIT: nvm, it turned out to be a mistake on my end with placing the files of the luma version in the right place.

Last edited by Birdon,

Silent Hell

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Children of same-sex couples won't show up as siblings this way, but if you have the NA Special Edition and access to NTR CFW, you can use Silent Hell's cheat plugin to remedy that!
Yo, if you want, you can update this with my latest cheat plugin/cheats.

My latest txt document contains cheats that not only make units siblings, but I also made a code where the character in Slot 2 is Slot 1's parent that I made mainly for quick testing dialogue for my Festival of Bonds translation project but I can see it being useful here too.

Here's the link to the txt file containing the cheats.

If you just want the two codes mentioned here they are:

Code:
[Slot 2&Slot 1 are Siblings]
B06D9F40 00000000
D9000000 000001F4
D6000000 000000B4
D2000000 00000000

[Slot 2 is Slot 1's parent]
DD000000 00000048
B06D9F40 00000000
D9000000 000001DC
B00000B4 00000000
D6000000 00000000
D0000000 00000000
DD000000 00000088
B06D9F40 00000000
D9000000 000001DC
B00000B4 00000000
D6000000 00000014
D0000000 00000000
{Only works on units with parents.\nStart+Up = Father\nStart+Down = Mother}

Notice the parent modifier requires the unit to have a parent pointer (i.e. have parents) so to give a character like Effie parents, you'd need to put a child unit in slot 2 and use the sibling code to give Effie a parent pointer to modify from.

Just for fun, I made this code literally just now. Here's a code to remove the parent pointer if you have second thoughts:
Code:
[Slot 1 is an orphan]
B06D9F40 00000000
000000B4 00000000
D2000000 00000000

Last edited by Silent Hell,

nanaki422

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hello I installed the HANS patch on my decompressed FE Fates Special Edition (US) decrypted and it works fine S ranks are showing up and working. But when I try to use the unlocked paralogues IPS patch on top it changes something in the gamedata.bin.lz file, when I do try to start a new save or load an exisiting it prompts me to redownload DLC or delete it from my game data or it won't start. All 3d models and sprites are not displaying correctly and are replaced by random avatar characters. I'm using packhackv9 to extract and rebuild the .3ds file.
Any clue on what is causing this?

Edit: Tried only using the IPS paralogue patch, without the same sex marriage patch still got the same problem, I suspect that it might be because I'm missing the DLC, is there any way to alter the ips patch so that it excludes all DLC characters?

Last edited by nanaki422,

dne27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey so I've done this patch through the NTR CFW way and it's automatically married me to Takumi despite him not even being in my team yet (haven't reached chapter 10) and therefore have a child with him. I intended to marry Azura instead as F!Corrin so this is really annoying for me. Is there anyway to correct this? Grateful for any help - also I have a physical copy of Birthright and am new to hacking.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey so I've done this patch through the NTR CFW way and it's automatically married me to Takumi despite him not even being in my team yet (haven't reached chapter 10) and therefore have a child with him. I intended to marry Azura instead as F!Corrin so this is really annoying for me. Is there anyway to correct this? Grateful for any help - also I have a physical copy of Birthright and am new to hacking.
Did you start a new save file after installing the hack? I've never experienced automatic marriage. o.o

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

dne27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did you start a new save file after installing the hack? I've never experienced automatic marriage. o.o I know you said you have a physical cart of BR but which path are you currently playing through?
No it's my first save on a EUR physical copy, it's just that I have nearly 50+hrs and it'd be a shame to lose that in order to start again and I'm guessing it's a neutral path?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No it's my first save on a EUR physical copy, it's just that I have nearly 50+hrs and it'd be a shame to lose that in order to start again
It's recommended to use a fresh save file when you first install the hack or update the hack. It messes with supports if you don't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    hazbeans @ hazbeans: You're counting all your sheep in disguise.... Caught up in the world of lies