ROM Hack Fire Emblem Fates Expanded Same-Sex Marriage Patch [WIP]

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So there's no hope of being gay with my original save?
You could probably fix it by hex editing but I wouldn't know where the value to change is or what value to change it to is. :( And since you're new to hacking, I wouldn't recommend it.

dne27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You could probably fix it by hex editing but I wouldn't know where the value to change is or what value to change it to is. :( And since you're new to hacking, I wouldn't recommend it.
Okay, well thank you for helping regardless - it's a fantastic game so I'm not wholly opposed to starting it again. It's a shame but I'll keep my first save as a sort of legacy. Thanks again!

Reactions: KunoichiZ

kwamyeung20

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi,

i am trying to apply the patch using luma and I put the patch in SD:/luma/titles/, I then ran the game but I didn't notice a green flash during bootup so I guess it didnt work? I have already enabled game patching on luma's config menu. My version is Fire Emblem If Special JPN if that matters. Thanks for the hardwork and support!

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi,

i am trying to apply the patch using luma and I put the patch in SD:/luma/titles/, I then ran the game but I didn't notice a green flash during bootup so I guess it didnt work? I have already enabled game patching on luma's config menu. My version is Fire Emblem If Special JPN if that matters. Thanks for the hardwork and support!
The green flash is only for NTR CFW. If you use Luma's layeredfs you won't see it.

Reactions: kwamyeung20

kwamyeung20

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The green flash is only for NTR CFW. If you use Luma's layeredfs you won't see it.
thanks! is there an easy way to verify the patch work for luma without going all the way to S rank? It will be very disappointing to find out the patch didnt work when I'm so ready to gay marry :lol: thanks again!

EDIT: when i leveled up, it seems the dialogue has become English so I assume the patch works... Doesn't make sense seeing English dialogue in Japanese version

Last edited by kwamyeung20,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks! is there an easy way to verify the patch work for luma without going all the way to S rank? It will be very disappointing to find out the patch didnt work when I'm so ready to gay marry :lol: thanks again!

EDIT: when i leveled up, it seems the dialogue has become English so I assume the patch works... Doesn't make sense seeing English dialogue in Japanese version
Look at your support log. If you see new supports, the hack is working. Also, be sure to start a new save file so that you don't mess with supports you have. And the text is most likely in English so they wouldn't have to translate to Japanese.

Reactions: kwamyeung20

Bouffalant_eats_plants

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I'm trying to make this hack work and using hans. I dumped from my USA version of Conquest, replaced the files that were meant to be replaced (my flies were even correct according to the video in the OP) and then I used RomFS builder to turn it back into a RomFS file. I named it correctly (00179600.romfs), got into the homebrew launcher, where I then take out the Ninja game and replace it with my Conquest cart, put it in my 3ds, and on one of the settings in the menu of hans, I made it load Romfs -> SD so it would load my modded Conquest romfs file on hans, and when I pressed OK there was some static on the screen, then it goes black, and nothing happens. It should work because I did everything correctly. Can I have some help, please?

Also, once I get it to work, how does friendship work? Will Friendship Seals not work because S ranks get in the way of A+ ranks? I am currently in the middle of a playthrough, but no one is married, or have become best friends yet. Can I use this hack on my current playthrough?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I'm trying to make this hack work and using hans. I dumped from my USA version of Conquest, replaced the files that were meant to be replaced (my flies were even correct according to the video in the OP) and then I used RomFS builder to turn it back into a RomFS file. I named it correctly (00179600.romfs), got into the homebrew launcher, where I then take out the Ninja game and replace it with my Conquest cart, put it in my 3ds, and on one of the settings in the menu of hans, I made it load Romfs -> SD so it would load my modded Conquest romfs file on hans, and when I pressed OK there was some static on the screen, then it goes black, and nothing happens. It should work because I did everything correctly. Can I have some help, please?

Also, once I get it to work, how does friendship work? Will Friendship Seals not work because S ranks get in the way of A+ ranks? I am currently in the middle of a playthrough, but no one is married, or have become best friends yet. Can I use this hack on my current playthrough?
HANS doesn't work reliably. You should look into installing CFW if you want to run this hack reliably. Follow http://3ds.guide for more info.

It's recommended to start a new playthrough with the hack, but since no one has gotten married nor became best friends yet you may be OK. As for the Seals, as you may know, Corrin gets access to the other person's classes when they hit A rank with someone (and Corrin has no A+ rank with anyone). I haven't actually tried the Friendship seals.

kwamyeung20

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Look at your support log. If you see new supports, the hack is working. Also, be sure to start a new save file so that you don't mess with supports you have. And the text is most likely in English so they wouldn't have to translate to Japanese.
Thanks for replying! The hack is working, but only partially for some reason. I am able to pair M.Corrin x Silas to S rank. However, the A->S rank dialogue isn't showing up when I pressed the upgrade button (so basically no dialogue from A->S). I can confirm that M.Corrin is married to Silas though and can trigger events after marriage. Is this because I didnt upgrade my game? or is it because it is japanese version? I suspect it is the latter as most people wont bother testing with Japanese version? Thanks again!

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for replying! The hack is working, but only partially for some reason. I am able to pair M.Corrin x Silas to S rank. However, the A->S rank dialogue isn't showing up when I pressed the upgrade button (so basically no dialogue from A->S). I can confirm that M.Corrin is married to Silas though and can trigger events after marriage. Is this because I didnt upgrade my game? or is it because it is japanese version? I suspect it is the latter as most people wont bother testing with Japanese version? Thanks again!
The thing I can think of to fix it, make sure your files aren't corrupted. They have a support conversation and I'm not sure how much testing went into the Japanese version.

kwamyeung20

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The thing I can think of to fix it, make sure your files aren't corrupted. They have a support conversation and I'm not sure how much testing went into the Japanese version.
I will download the patch again, upgrade the game, and will see how it goes. I do think it is mostly like a bug for Japanese version as some conversations are mis-replaced as English even though they already exist originally.

Reactions: KunoichiZ

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are hacked support conversations for MxF Corrin S-rank and A-rank. Could these be added to the patch?

Also, is it safe to use this (or the Awakening patch) with Streetpass?

Last edited by Jiro2,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are hacked support conversations for MxF Corrin S-rank and A-rank. Could these be added to the patch?

Also, is it safe to use this (or the Awakening patch) with Streetpass?
As for StreetPass, I don't see a problem with it, but the people who aren't using the hack might see your relationships differently.

Wijetron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
everytime i try to patch the All Paralogues Unlocked,Batchlz77 crashes. are there any work arounds?

EDIT: To clarify, this is what i did:
1) extract the provided GameData.bin.lz with FEAT
2) patch the resulting GameData.bin with LunarIPS
3) Attempt to compress with BatchLZ77 b/c FEAT would not recognize it, crashes.

What did i do wrong?

Last edited by Wijetron,

Wijetron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
everytime i try to patch the All Paralogues Unlocked,Batchlz77 crashes. are there any work arounds?

EDIT: To clarify, this is what i did:
1) extract the provided GameData.bin.lz with FEAT
2) patch the resulting GameData.bin with LunarIPS
3) Attempt to compress with BatchLZ77 b/c FEAT would not recognize it, crashes.

What did i do wrong?

Sorry for the double quote, but I figured it out!! Use Puyo Tools Link below:
http://deathchaos-25.tumblr.com/post/145078519979/sorry-but-could-you-give-me-the-command-line-for

Ignore the part about changing bytes, it doesnt matter. Cheers!

topocart

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Great hack! I've been looking forward to this type of support in my first playthrough, and now that I have hacked the 3DS I can replay it with this new content; I can even do a challenge which I thought it could be fun which is to use ONLY male or female units.

But I have a problem: I don't know how to install it on Luma :cry:.

I have the Luma 7.1 installed, if you can help me or guide me to a post or a video to install this type of hacks, it would be great!
Thank you for reading;)

Nekusaku93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I need help with something. It's for getting children.
-I tried patching the "All Paralogues Unlocked Patch" (ParaloguesGameData.ips), by decompressing the "GameData.bin.lz" file through BatchLZ77, used Lunar to install the patch, compressed it through BatchLz77, and then renamed the file to “GameData.bin.lz” (it failed)

-I then tried decompressing the file through FEAT, used Lunar to patch, and then compressed it through BatchLZ77 and renamed the file to GameData.bin.lz (it failed again)

-I then lastly used FEAT again to decompress, Lunar to patch, and then used a program called "Puyo" to compress the file (I chose LZ11 as the compression format) and then lastly renamed it again to GameData.bin.lz (and surprise, it failed again).

Is there something I’ve been doing wrong through this process? I’ve followed the steps very carefully as best as I could. Could it be how I decompress/compress files, or could it be how I've used Lunar? When using it, I always chose “Apply IPS patch” and not “create IPS patch”. As for the check boxes, I left “create a log file” unchecked and had “Register file type” checked. If anyone can please help me find what I did wrong, I’d appreciate it. Thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself