ROM Hack Fire Emblem Fates Expanded Same-Sex Marriage Patch [WIP]

ToonQuill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have the EU version of Fates from the eShop. You pick either Birthright or Conquest then you have to pay for the other 2 paths. Is the patch compatible with this version of the game? It's not the special edition and it's not just Birthright or Conquest, so I'm not sure. I did try all three and had no results, so a bit stuck here.

Shirokami~

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have the EU version of Fates from the eShop. You pick either Birthright or Conquest then you have to pay for the other 2 paths. Is the patch compatible with this version of the game? It's not the special edition and it's not just Birthright or Conquest, so I'm not sure. I did try all three and had no results, so a bit stuck here.
It is, when you're using the NTR CFW Version, Hans won't work. If you chose Birthright first you have to use this version.

Last edited by Shirokami~,

RosemonX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi so I just tried to do the hack but it seems like all of the previous supports are now switched. I was married to Niles but now I'm not, and it's the same with everyone else Mozu is no longer with Xander) , what did I do wrong? How would I go about fixing it?

Also if I bought the conquest card and downloaded birthright/revelation via Eshop, would I not be able to use the hack in those paths?

Thank you!

Last edited by RosemonX,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi so I just tried to do the hack but it seems like all of the previous supports are now switched. I was married to Niles but now I'm not, and it's the same with everyone else Mozu is no longer with Xander) , what did I do wrong? How would I go about fixing it?

Also if I bought the conquest card and downloaded birthright/awakening via Eshop, would I not be able to use the hack in those paths?

Thank you!
You're supposed to use the hack on a fresh save file.

Awakening has nothing to do with Fates.

whitewolf8

Resident Lunatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
That's what is supposed to happen with this, it's recommended that you start a new game, or just purge all of your current supports and redo them from scratch, sorry.

ohwowninja'd

RosemonX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're supposed to use the hack on a fresh save file.

Awakening has nothing to do with Fates.
Sorry I meant Birthright/revelation! Would I be able to use the hack with a eshop purchase of Revelation/Birthright, even with a hard copy of Conquest?
That's what is supposed to happen with this, it's recommended that you start a new game, or just purge all of your current supports and redo them from scratch, sorry.

ohwowninja'd
OH ok phew well that's relieving to hear! I thought I did something wrong

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I meant Birthright/revelation! Would I be able to use the hack with a eshop purchase of Revelation/Birthright, even with a hard copy of Conquest?

OH ok phew well that's relieving to hear! I thought I did something wrong
I recommend that you get custom firmware by following this guide and use the NTR method and use the Special Edition CIA so that you can access it on all paths.

ty_taurus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm very new to this concept and wanted to ask a few questions: First, can downloading home-brew and applying everything to the device possible on a mac? Second, can this all be done on a 2DS? How does the hack effect online functionality for Fates such as visiting castles? Will it effect online functionality for other games? I see someone else asked about the hack on DLC paths such as Revelations. Does accessing any form of DLC also require custom firmware? Is it possible to include all permanent characters in Revelations with the hack? (By this I mean recruiting supportable Gunter, permanent Scarlet, Izana, Yakimura, and the capturables: Daniela, Haitaka, and Kumagera.) Is it possible to add NPC characters that have models like Mikoto, Zola, and other bosses? Is it possible to create supports for captured units? I hope this isn't too much.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ty_taurus

1. You can download Homebrew on a Mac.
2. Yes this can be done on a 2DS.
3. I'm not sure about online play, but HANS doesn't like online play anyways.
4. It will not affect online for other games.
5. To properly access the Revelations DLC, you'll need to use the Special Edition cartridge.
6. You can use FEFTwiddler to import those characters.
7. For Mikoto, Zola, etc., there's a whole other riggamarole involved to get those characters.
8. Ask @thane98 about the supports for captured units.

ty_taurus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ty_taurus

1. You can download Homebrew on a Mac.
2. Yes this can be done on a 2DS.
3. I'm not sure about online play, but HANS doesn't like online play anyways.
4. It will not affect online for other games.
5. To properly access the Revelations DLC, you'll need to use the Special Edition cartridge.
6. You can use FEFTwiddler to import those characters.
7. For Mikoto, Zola, etc., there's a whole other riggamarole involved to get those characters.
8. Ask @thane98 about the supports for captured units.

Thanks for the quick response! So just to clarify, accessing Revelations requires purchasing the special edition cartridge. If I have DLC on a Conquest cartridge, will that transfer to the new cartridge, and can those missions, like a gift from Anna, and the other DLC chapters be accessed after applying the hack? Also, is FEFTwiddler something different? Thank you again for your answers :)

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick response! So just to clarify, accessing Revelations requires purchasing the special edition cartridge. If I have DLC on a Conquest cartridge, will that transfer to the new cartridge, and can those missions, like a gift from Anna, and the other DLC chapters be accessed after applying the hack? Also, is FEFTwiddler something different? Thank you again for your answers :)
1. Yes or at least I think it does. You can always try and find out. I no longer use my cartridge since I have the special edition installed as a CIA due to me having custom firmware (which I highly recommend you get).
2. DLC is tied to your system, not the cartridge.
3. Yes they can.
4. FEFTwiddler is a FE Fates save editor.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

ty_taurus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, looks like the special addition cartridges are like 200 dollars now. I really should've purchased that when it came out instead of just downloading the files :/

UnassumingVenusaur

In All Her Gay Glory
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bot_0005.png
bot_0006.png
bot_0007.png
For anyone who was thinking of using a Corrinsexual character as a parent to a unit, I'd recommend checking out this small companion patch I just put out! It'll allow the kids to actually have potential as units rather than being weighed down by the Corrinsexuals' generally low growths.

ty_taurus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mmmkay, so I'm working on installing homebrew, and I'm at this page so far... but when the instructions say "install at the root of your SD card," what exactly does that mean? I want to make sure everything is in the right place, or I'm afraid I'll screw something up. And correct me if I'm wrong, but this is not the custom firmware yet, right? I'm very much a novice with this kind of stuff. When I go back and finish the part I'm in, I'll have another step where I'll install the custom firmware part, then the Special Edition CIA, then gay fates, then I'll be theoretically done. Is all this correct so far?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mmmkay, so I'm working on installing homebrew, and I'm at this page so far... but when the instructions say "install at the root of your SD card," what exactly does that mean? I want to make sure everything is in the right place, or I'm afraid I'll screw something up. And correct me if I'm wrong, but this is not the custom firmware yet, right? I'm very much a novice with this kind of stuff. When I go back and finish the part I'm in, I'll have another step where I'll install the custom firmware part, then the Special Edition CIA, then gay fates, then I'll be theoretically done. Is all this correct so far?
When you first open up your SD card in your computer, that's the root of your SD card. You'll want to place the 3ds folder and the boot.3dsx file in the root of your SD card. This is not custom firmware. This step is just launching the Homebrew Launcher.

Don't make assumptions on what to do next until you've completely finished the guide.

ty_taurus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you first open up your SD card in your computer, that's the root of your SD card. You'll want to place the 3ds folder and the boot.3dsx file in the root of your SD card. This is not custom firmware. This step is just launching the Homebrew Launcher.

Don't make assumptions on what to do next until you've completely finished the guide.

Alright, so far I seem to be at the end of that page. The console is freezing on the red screen like the instructions say, so I'll just keep trying until it goes through.

ty_taurus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm... I'm going to bed for the night, but I'm having an issue where it just keeps freezing. I'm fairly confident I did everything correctly. In the morning, I'll take some screenshots of everything and, if you don't mind helping me trouble shooting, just double check to see if I did something incorrectly. You've been very kind nevertheless, :)

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm... I'm going to bed for the night, but I'm having an issue where it just keeps freezing. I'm fairly confident I did everything correctly. In the morning, I'll take some screenshots of everything and, if you don't mind helping me trouble shooting, just double check to see if I did something incorrectly. You've been very kind nevertheless, :)
When does it freeze and what part of the guide are you on?

HeirofBlood124

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so I'm new to NTR CFW
does it automatically load the Hack when i drop it in the root of the SD card or is there anything else that should be done???
Cuz i use NTR CFW for streaming or recording but i never used it for something like this ever

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet