ROM Hack Fire Emblem Fates Expanded Same-Sex Marriage Patch [WIP]

ValiantChan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
OK so I'm new to NTR CFW
does it automatically load the Hack when i drop it in the root of the SD card or is there anything else that should be done???
Cuz i use NTR CFW for streaming or recording but i never used it for something like this ever
You need to load NTR CFW before opening the game for the hack to work.

ty_taurus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When does it freeze and what part of the guide are you on?

This is this part of the guide I'm still on, at part 7. I also attached a folder of screenshots and pictures of my DS and what's happening that should clarify what I've done and what I'm receiving. I had to resize all the images to fit. If there's anything else I can do to clarify my situation, please let me know.

Attachments

• Images of Process.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 195

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is this part of the guide I'm still on, at part 7. I also attached a folder of screenshots and pictures of my DS and what's happening that should clarify what I've done and what I'm receiving. I had to resize all the images to fit. If there's anything else I can do to clarify my situation, please let me know.
Redo the process and make sure you have EVERYTHING correct for your system region and version. You need to have a 3ds folder and a boot.3dsx on the root of your SD card. You have neither of those. Those files are found inside of the starter folder. That's why it's freezing. The very first step of that part of the guide says to put the contents of the starter folder of the starter.zip on the root of your SD card.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

ty_taurus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Redo the process and make sure you have EVERYTHING correct for your system region and version. You need to have a 3ds folder and a boot.3dsx on the root of your SD card. You have neither of those. Those files are found inside of the starter folder. That's why it's freezing. The very first step of that part of the guide says to put the contents of the starter folder of the starter.zip on the root of your SD card.

Ah, I see. I just put the entire starter folder on the card when I should've copied only what's inside the folder. Its the small things. And as soon as I did that, it worked.

HeirofBlood124

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay so i loaded NTR CFW.......
and nothing changed at all
i dont see any supports that will lead to S Rank at all
Like Hinoka can only have A+ Rank w/ Camilla
pls help

ValiantChan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
i used the plugin from the .zip file
but no it didnt flash green
only thing that flashed was NTR CFW when it loaded before sending me back to the Home Menu
There are several plugins. Use the one that corresponds to the version you have (ie. Birthright, Conquest, or Special Edition). The DLC doesn't matter, only the original game.

ty_taurus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a quick question with my process. Here is where I am in the full installation of homebrew. I'm on Section I - Prep Work part 4. Basically, the instructions told me to delete the 3ds folder and replace it with a fresh one from the starter kit. When it says copy the contents of the starter folder, that will give me 2 boot.3dsx files on my SD card. Can anyone confirm if this is correct?

HeirofBlood124

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are several plugins. Use the one that corresponds to the version you have (ie. Birthright, Conquest, or Special Edition). The DLC doesn't matter, only the original game.
for some reason my .zip only has one file in plugins

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have a quick question with my process. Here is where I am in the full installation of homebrew. I'm on Section I - Prep Work part 4. Basically, the instructions told me to delete the 3ds folder and replace it with a fresh one from the starter kit. When it says copy the contents of the starter folder, that will give me 2 boot.3dsx files on my SD card. Can anyone confirm if this is correct?
nvm i found it
but i have all 3 paths for it
get the path that is the actual cartridge right???

ty_taurus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm in a bit of a pickle. Here is where I'm at in the process having just completed section 1 and starting section 2. My console is now freezing before I can start up the process to download arm9loaderhax. I go to Sound and try to start up as I did before and it locks up before anything happens. What's more, my top screen now looks weird, like it's way too big. I have a picture of what the top screen looks like attached. I'm not really sure what to do besides start looking into the troubleshoot links. I've made sure to read the directions very carefully to make sure I'm putting things in the right places and rereading each instruction three times.

Attachments

• Current Screen.zip
    22.2 KB · Views: 99

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are supposed to replace those files, meaning override your current boot.3dsx with the one in the starter kit.

I'm in a bit of a pickle. Here is where I'm at in the process having just completed section 1 and starting section 2. My console is now freezing before I can start up the process to download arm9loaderhax. I go to Sound and try to start up as I did before and it locks up before anything happens. What's more, my top screen now looks weird, like it's way too big. I have a picture of what the top screen looks like attached. I'm not really sure what to do besides start looking into the troubleshoot links. I've made sure to read the directions very carefully to make sure I'm putting things in the right places and rereading each instruction three times.
The big screen is normal on a 2DS. Just continue on with the guide. Where does it say to go to sound? You're supposed to go to the website it says to. Please read the instructions carefully before you begin each step.

Reactions: thane98

ty_taurus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are supposed to replace those files, meaning override your current boot.3dsx with the one in the starter kit.

The big screen is normal on a 2DS. Just continue on with the guide. Where does it say to go to sound? You're supposed to go to the website it says to. Please read the instructions carefully before you begin each step.

When I go to the website, the bottom screen flickers for a second and it freezes on the checkered background without loading anything. I looked into the troubleshooting guide and tried deleting cookies as well as hitting select, waiting, and shutting down the console. Either that worked and arm9loaderhax is installed, or it didn't work and I'm encounter a problem that's not on the troubleshoot. If it did work, and arm9loaderhax is downloaded to my console, I have no idea where to look to see if it's there. I tried moving onto the next step of backing up the otp.bin file, but it's not there, so I'm assuming the download failed.

Last edited by ty_taurus,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I go to the website, the bottom screen flickers for a second and it freezes on the checkered background without loading anything. I looked into the troubleshooting guide and tried deleting cookies as well as hitting select, waiting, and shutting down the console. Either that worked and arm9loaderhax is installed, or it didn't work and I'm encounter a problem that's not on the troubleshoot. If it did work, and arm9loaderhax is downloaded to my console, I have no idea where to look to see if it's there. I tried moving onto the next step of backing up the otp.bin file, but it's not there, so I'm assuming the download failed.
Post in the noob help thread in the Flashcards and Custom Firmware topic. We've derailed this thread as it is.

SylphTempest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble getting this to work. I've installed NTRCFW on my system, and when I load up my game I get the green flash as I'm supposed to, and started a new file. Regardless, my FeMU doesn't have an S support with Azura. I am using the JP Special Edition, with A9LH.

I think I've done everything I'm supposed to. I downloaded the latest version, as well as the link under the "How do I install this?" header, and followed the instructions (extracting the fatesSE and plugin folders to the root, as well as the folders within the Japanese Special Edition folder in the Gay Fates 5.1 zip). I thought I did it all right, so I went in, booted NTR, and ran it, started a new file, and...nothing. Is it possible I missed a step somewhere?

I did not change any file or folder names. (I am also very new to the 3ds hacking scene, so...yeah, it's possible I messed up somewhere lmao.)

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble getting this to work. I've installed NTRCFW on my system, and when I load up my game I get the green flash as I'm supposed to, and started a new file. Regardless, my FeMU doesn't have an S support with Azura. I am using the JP Special Edition, with A9LH.

I think I've done everything I'm supposed to. I downloaded the latest version, as well as the link under the "How do I install this?" header, and followed the instructions (extracting the fatesSE and plugin folders to the root, as well as the folders within the Japanese Special Edition folder in the Gay Fates 5.1 zip). I thought I did it all right, so I went in, booted NTR, and ran it, started a new file, and...nothing. Is it possible I missed a step somewhere?

I did not change any file or folder names. (I am also very new to the 3ds hacking scene, so...yeah, it's possible I messed up somewhere lmao.)
The correct download link can be found in this post. Download it, extract it, go to Gay Fates/v0.5.1/NTR CFW Version/Japanese Special Edition and drag both folders to the root of your SD card.

SylphTempest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mmmm... That's the same zip as what's in the OP. Did it anyway, same result: got the green flash, but no S-rank with Azura, and like someone a few pages ago, my Records building crashes the game when I enter it. (That person didn't appear to get a response, however.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Don't ask how I know that's in the works lol