ROM Hack Fire Emblem Fates Expanded Same-Sex Marriage Patch [WIP]

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mmmm... That's the same zip as what's in the OP. Did it anyway, same result: got the green flash, but no S-rank with Azura, and like someone a few pages ago, my Records building crashes the game when I enter it. (That person didn't appear to get a response, however.)
No, look at the zip from the OP again. They're two totally different zip files. The one from the OP (that I just downloaded) doesn't contain the other regions and games. The one that I linked does contain the other regions and games.

rivaloli

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I try to start my game from the hans application in homebrew, I'm always eventually met with a black screen. I must admit, this is my first time using mods/homebrew at all on my 3ds and while I eventually got everything working down to the end, my beginner's luck died out the second I hit "ok" on the hans menu screen. I'm fairly certain I downloaded as well as dumped everything correctly, including the contents in the Gay Fates folder, but something is stopping me from actually playing the game with the mod. I was wondering if you'd have any suggestions for this, considering I haven't found anywhere else to go for the answer (it's becoming a hassle to troubleshoot).

Anyway, this is really amazing, and I'm glad setting this up for the most part wasn't much of a hassle at all. Do you plan to complete every pairing in the future?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I try to start my game from the hans application in homebrew, I'm always eventually met with a black screen. I must admit, this is my first time using mods/homebrew at all on my 3ds and while I eventually got everything working down to the end, my beginner's luck died out the second I hit "ok" on the hans menu screen. I'm fairly certain I downloaded as well as dumped everything correctly, including the contents in the Gay Fates folder, but something is stopping me from actually playing the game with the mod. I was wondering if you'd have any suggestions for this, considering I haven't found anywhere else to go for the answer (it's becoming a hassle to troubleshoot).

Anyway, this is really amazing, and I'm glad setting this up for the most part wasn't much of a hassle at all. Do you plan to complete every pairing in the future?
Get custom firmware by following http://3ds.guide and stop using HANS through the Homebrew Launcher and use the NTR method instead.

ty_taurus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I worked on finishing the installation all day today while doing homework. (Lots of homework >.>) Sorry for derailing the thread into a 'help me' segment for a while there, but I'm thankful nevertheless. I still need to get the Special Edition CIA, download the patch, and check up on how to use the FEFTwidder to add the other characters to my file, but I'm making progress.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I worked on finishing the installation all day today while doing homework. (Lots of homework >.>) Sorry for derailing the thread into a 'help me' segment for a while there, but I'm thankful nevertheless. I still need to get the Special Edition CIA, download the patch, and check up on how to use the FEFTwidder to add the other characters to my file, but I'm making progress.
Send me a PM and I'll tell you what you need to do next. Click on my name, click on Send PM.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've successfully gotten custom firmware as well as the mod on my 3ds as of now, but I was wondering where I boot the modded game if not from homebrew?
You use the NTR method instead of Homebrew, which means you'll launch it from the Home Menu.

1. Install one of the BootNTR Selector CIAs.
2. Put the files from the NTR CFW Version/USA Special Editionm, NTR CFW Version/USA Birthright, or NTR CFW Version/USA Conquest (depending on the game) folder onto the root of your SD card (either Birthright/Conquest/fefatesSE folder and the plugin folder).
3. Install BootNTR Selector with FBI.
4. Launch it, use the default settings, and choose one of the NTR versions (it doesn't really matter)
5. It will boot you back to the Home Menu. Start FE Fates.
6. If you see a green flash at the Nintendo 3DS red/black loading screen, the plugin was successful.
7. Make sure to start a new save file in orde for the hack to work properly.

Note that you also can't soft-reset nor can you go back into the Home Menu and change games when you load a plugin.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,
Reactions: rivaloli

yoshthethird

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't mean to bother anyone here, but I don't know who else to ask. I thought I had done all steps to install the gay Fates hack properly, but one thing at the end is tripping me up. When I get to switching Romfs -> SD to yes, nothing said "invalid", and I click ok, it just freezes and shows a static-y white bar on the left side of the top screen. Any help would be appreciated, though I don't mind if there's no response, it's probably annoying that so many people come here asking for help.

yoshthethird

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uhm... You're using HANS, right? What's the filename you gave the .romfs?

Yes I'm using HANS. The .romfs title is "00179600" which is part of "0004000000179600", the number for Fates Conquest. When I used the whole number it said "INVALID" but for some reason with the shorter number it didn't say invalid?

Catsaber

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is it possible to use this patch with citra? (i've been looking around with no luck whatsoever so if it is, could someone enlighten me on how to do it please? ><")

[edit: i think i found one version that included the patch while i was looking around earlier, but i think it's encrypted (i have 0 experience with stuff like that so..) plus the date from the website is march 2016 so i suppose a lot of more stuff was added between that time and now :s ]

Last edited by Catsaber,

Raito Kurokage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just updated to the latest version of the patch and every time I speak with someone in My Castle or open the menu, the game seems to freeze for a second or so. It wasn't doing this on the last version I was on (which I think was 4. Something). I've tried it with NTR 3.2 and the new 3.4 preview3

nikha

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, i did everything to install via NTR, the screen goes green and i can get S support (F!Avatar x Azura) but conversation is skipped, i tried to rename the folder "@E" to "@U" and "@G" but both didnt worked too, help ?

Ty, got it done, i just reinstalled the plugin again using my windows desktop, for some reason using MAC might caused the issue.

Last edited by nikha,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof