ROM Hack Fire Emblem Fates Expanded Same-Sex Marriage Patch [WIP]

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a table of added supports, and which ones have added conversations? I know they're listed under every version in the OP, but it sounds convenient to have it all in one nice table. I have a feeling I saw something like that somewhere in the thread, so perhaps the OP could link to it?

UnassumingVenusaur

In All Her Gay Glory
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a table of added supports, and which ones have added conversations? I know they're listed under every version in the OP, but it sounds convenient to have it all in one nice table. I have a feeling I saw something like that somewhere in the thread, so perhaps the OP could link to it?

That is currently being worked on! Not finished yet though.

Reactions: ~Poke~

julianuf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couple of random findings:

1. Could not find hair color in gamedata, no idea where game gets it from, but Robin Ike and Marth default to #BEBEBE. Changing it in the save file before hitting S rank allowed me to get an Ike-colored Percy. (Blue looks a little off, wish I knew the correct RGB value rather than the one I guessed)
2. Amiibo characters pass on their default class if the kids gender matches, otherwise they pass their first alt class. Lucina passed Archer to Asugi because Asugi couldn't become a Great Lord. Ike passed on Vanguard to Percy since they're both male. Kind of lame, since you can get the class on him regardless. I edited my gamedata to make Ike's default class Mercenary. This changed Percy's class (after he had been recruited) meaning that kids always reference their parents default class, rather than inheriting it and saving it in their own data.
3. When Scarlet leaves the party, her character block seems to stay at the end of your list (in the save file,) inaccessible. Overriding her data with her own data from before chapter 18 did not save this. Not sure what is causing the game to suppress her data. Recruiting a Scarlet from someone's castle, then hexing my save to remove her shield, then overwriting the relevant data (level, stats, skills) gave me a fully working Scarlet post chapter 18.
4. Support block in the save - Scarlet initially didn't have one, being a transformed einherjar. I built up her support to C with someone she hadn't supported before, saved, and she got her support block!
The first byte of the support block is the size (just like the size in the header of the support table), and then each byte following it refers to each support, in the same order listed in the support table. I did not map out all values, but 03 = C level unlocked but not viewed, 04 = C level viewed. The rest should be easy to figure out, but I haven't bothered yet.
5. Changing female Kana to male Kana was a success. (My issue before was that I changed my Corrin from F to M, and since the kid has the pointer to the parent, Kana couldn't find his mommy anymore :<)

Hmmm that's about it. Might be useful information for someone else? So figured I'd share.

Also, just to echo the previous bug report: entering the castle prep screen causes the game to freeze.

Reactions: aeroblast

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question on when the game crashes when placing defenders, does this happen with the latest update for ntr??

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If anyone is interested, I modified the "all paralogues unlocked" GameData.bin.lz to also unlock the 4 hero battles, so you can actually do those and recruit the character with their weapon, as well as adding the entry to your logbook. (You will have to edit your save to remove the shield if you want them to support, though.)

Note: I'm not super familiar with the gamedata.bin layout so I -may- have screwed something up, but I only changed 4 bytes so it SHOULD be ok, but just as a warning!

https://mega.nz/#!WIAGDDhQ

edit: Also, just fyi, you need to be on chapter 8 (paralogue 1 unlocks) for all the paralogues and hero fights to unlock.

edit2: If you go the other route, I wrote some instructions on how to hex edit your save to add in the 4 hero weapons that you can find in the OP here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/fe-fates-a-way-to-unlock-hero-battles-without-amiibo.418795/

One route requires you to hex edit weapons in, the other requires you to hex edit the shield icons out. Neither is perfect, but at least we've got options!

edit3: I don't suppose anyone has a list of the stat modifiers the 4 amiibo characters have as parents? D: edit5: serene's forest was down when I posted this, they have the data on there! edit6: Any reason Ike/Robin/Marth get the short stick in S supports? :( Really wish I had a better understanding of the support tables so I could adjust stuff myself. Maybe I'll tinker around this weekend :D

edit4: Seconding issue with placing defenders causing the game to crash.
Was trying to download the file but it is asking for the decryption key. I just wanted to try it out. :/

UnassumingVenusaur

In All Her Gay Glory
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couple of random findings:

1. Could not find hair color in gamedata, no idea where game gets it from, but Robin Ike and Marth default to #BEBEBE. Changing it in the save file before hitting S rank allowed me to get an Ike-colored Percy. (Blue looks a little off, wish I knew the correct RGB value rather than the one I guessed)
2. Amiibo characters pass on their default class if the kids gender matches, otherwise they pass their first alt class. Lucina passed Archer to Asugi because Asugi couldn't become a Great Lord. Ike passed on Vanguard to Percy since they're both male. Kind of lame, since you can get the class on him regardless. I edited my gamedata to make Ike's default class Mercenary. This changed Percy's class (after he had been recruited) meaning that kids always reference their parents default class, rather than inheriting it and saving it in their own data.
3. When Scarlet leaves the party, her character block seems to stay at the end of your list (in the save file,) inaccessible. Overriding her data with her own data from before chapter 18 did not save this. Not sure what is causing the game to suppress her data. Recruiting a Scarlet from someone's castle, then hexing my save to remove her shield, then overwriting the relevant data (level, stats, skills) gave me a fully working Scarlet post chapter 18.
4. Support block in the save - Scarlet initially didn't have one, being a transformed einherjar. I built up her support to C with someone she hadn't supported before, saved, and she got her support block!
The first byte of the support block is the size (just like the size in the header of the support table), and then each byte following it refers to each support, in the same order listed in the support table. I did not map out all values, but 03 = C level unlocked but not viewed, 04 = C level viewed. The rest should be easy to figure out, but I haven't bothered yet.
5. Changing female Kana to male Kana was a success. (My issue before was that I changed my Corrin from F to M, and since the kid has the pointer to the parent, Kana couldn't find his mommy anymore :<)

Hmmm that's about it. Might be useful information for someone else? So figured I'd share.

Also, just to echo the previous bug report: entering the castle prep screen causes the game to freeze.

Yeah, I couldn't find it either. And that's actually really interesting about the DLC classes being passed down! I actually like that, you can get more chars in a class without using up the special seals for it. And yes, the cashing on "Place Defenders" is true. It's probably caused by one of the changes in GameData.bin, but which one? I'm not sure yet. I still need to do some testing. I hope it's not crashing because of the amiibos being converted to fuller characters or anything.

julianuf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was trying to download the file but it is asking for the decryption key. I just wanted to try it out. :/
Sorry... Not really a mega person so just uploaded and thought it would work. I'm on my lunch break right now, but I'll upload it to my dropbox instead when I get home later today.

Reactions: Nirmonculus

Ezehokadrim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry... Not really a mega person so just uploaded and thought it would work. I'm on my lunch break right now, but I'll upload it to my dropbox instead when I get home later today.
No need to upload somewhere else. When you get the share link you just have to click the option to have the link with a decryption key. Here's a screenshot of the option:
uc

Ningyoplug

Trophies
Website
ningyo.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Italy
I noticed that, in the latest update of the patch, the files whose japanese names used to be corrupted now aren't corrupted anymore! which is great! c:

Also, suddenly many My Castle dialogues that weren't translated before are now translated for some reason. :o Idk why but i'm glad! (im playing the fan-translated japanese version)

Last edited by Ningyoplug,

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I noticed that, in the latest update of the patch, the files whose japanese names used to be corrupted now aren't corrupted anymore! which is great! c:

Also, suddenly many My Castle dialogues that weren't translated before are now translated for some reason. :o Idk why but i'm glad! (im playing the fan-translated japanese version)
Because some My Castle files were included (using the localized ones as a base) because My Castle dialogue lines for Lucina were added.

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since the restoration patches include an original name patch, will there be a version of this which uses original names?

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
It's cool. I just wanted to try out recruiting through the battles then removing amiibo units and readding them using Rainthunder's method... so I could get the weapons and shieldless amiibo units.

julianuf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... no idea what my mega password is since I wasn't planning on using it again, and I never made the master key or w/e so I can't retrieve the password.

I have like 50 different gamedata.bins in my folders and no idea which one is right <_< and I kind of doubt you'd want my heavily modded file since it's likely going to be pretty incompatible with future releases of this patch. D:

Luckily, it was pretty easy to re-make. (Took me a while to get to it cause I had more pressing stuff to do :<)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jcanqc9m87hcgvr/GameData.bin.lz?dl=0

(Again - this is the gamedata with all the paralogues unlocked, I also unlocked the 4 amiibo hero fights. Kids from the paralogues work perfectly and identify their parents. You only need to modify one of the parent's gender IF you have siblings and want them to be recognized as brother/sisters. (Avatar pairing, Azura pairing, or two dudes I guess)

Enjoy!

Reactions: Nirmonculus

KevinRodea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm having a bit of an issue where I use the GameData.bin.lz with all the paralogues unlocked. I later start a new save and when I marry off two characters, I don't get a single paralogue, none. I tried replacing the GameData.bin.lz back to the original gay patch, yet it still doesn't unlock any paralogues. Any reason why this happens?

Reactions: Shiiouri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Would you recommend a Meta Quest 2 as first low budget headset?