ROM Hack Fire Emblem Fates Expanded Same-Sex Marriage Patch [WIP]

Silrae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Silrae I read through the file you sent me, and I compiled a list of all the endings that still need to be added/revised. If you or anyone else on here has ideas for some of them I'd def appreciate it!
Alright, wow! I'll try and help as much as I can with writing some new ones. Is there any reason why you want new same-sex lines for some characters? Would you like custom ones instead of the copied original lines with pronoun fixes?

UnassumingVenusaur

In All Her Gay Glory
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, wow! I'll try and help as much as I can with writing some new ones. Is there any reason why you want new same-sex lines for some characters? Would you like custom ones instead of the copied original lines with pronoun fixes?

The thing is, it has to make sense if it was the first line in the ending. Some really don't and are fully reliant on the spouse, for the women. Also, if the char can marry Azura no reference to the spouse in their ending, for reasons.

Silrae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing is, it has to make sense if it was the first line in the ending. Some really don't and are fully reliant on the spouse, for the women. Also, if the char can marry Azura no reference to the spouse in their ending, for reasons.
Yeah, I see what you mean. For Azura, is her s-support ending showing up without her wife's ending? Or is it her normal support (no s-support) ending that's showing up, even though she's married?

UnassumingVenusaur

In All Her Gay Glory
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I see what you mean. For Azura, is her s-support ending showing up without her wife's ending? Or is it her normal support (no s-support) ending that's showing up, even though she's married?

Well, that's not it. Azura's same-sex endings are fine. It's just that if a female character can marry her that character's ending can't make reference to their spouse (aka Azura in this case).

Silrae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, that's not it. Azura's same-sex endings are fine. It's just that if a female character can marry her that character's ending can't make reference to their spouse (aka Azura in this case).
Oooh, yeah that's a problem. Well, in retrospect her het endings really work the same way. Her husband will have their regular ending, and then hers will say that she's a historical mystery. I'm not sure there'd be a way to write around that, if you want I could try to rewrite her endings entirely?

UnassumingVenusaur

In All Her Gay Glory
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oooh, yeah that's a problem. Well, in retrospect her het endings really work the same way. Her husband will have their regular ending, and then hers will say that she's a historical mystery. I'm not sure there'd be a way to write around that, if you want I could try to rewrite her endings entirely?

It's fine as long as the new same-sex endings for the female chars don't mention the spouse. Like take Hinoka's original ending.
"His wife, Hinoka, became general of the Hoshidan royal army, and the two remained together always."

For the same-sex ending I changed this to
"Hinoka became general of the Hoshidan royal army, dutifully serving and protecting her kingdom."

Silrae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still need to test the awakening endings though, just to make sure they work properly.
So I just tested the endings I set up, and unfortunately the game does not register the combination of an awakening label and a same-sex label. I was worried that this would happen, what I was hoping was that the labels worked independently rather than as a combination, but apparently they don't since none of the awakening endings showed up. They still get an ending, but it's the regular same-sex ending, so it's interpreted like Odin/Laslow/Selena leave their spouses behind. That at least can be fixed just by editing the kids' same-sex lines to where they leave and come back, like in the ending for revelations. Also I'm sorry for not being able to test this sooner, I had to make a new save file to pair up Odin and Leo and it took way longer than expected.

Last edited by Silrae,

UnassumingVenusaur

In All Her Gay Glory
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just tested the endings I set up, and unfortunately the game does not register the combination of an awakening label and a same-sex label. I was worried that this would happen, what I was hoping was that the labels worked independently rather than as a combination, but apparently they don't since none of the awakening endings showed up. They still get an ending, but it's the regular same-sex ending, so it's interpreted like Odin/Laslow/Selena leave their spouses behind. That at least can be fixed just by editing the kids' same-sex lines to where they leave and come back, like in the ending for revelations. Also I'm sorry for not being able to test this sooner, I had to make a new save file to pair up Odin and Leo and it took way longer than expected.

Ah, okay. That kinda sucks but I guess it's unavoidable.

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So again, how does this work with M!Avatar+F!Avatar? I can think of at least two potential problems:
-- Since the endings have to make sense used on the avatar by themselves, it would be hard to phrase the ending so that it reads well when there are two of them.
-- DLC and other characters that are not avatars from a story point of view might be implemented internally as avatars (all bonus units in Awakening are avatars) and you don't want to have messages for them that assume they are two versions of the same person

What we really need is code hacking to handle all of the weird quirks this patch produces.

Last edited by Jiro2,

UnassumingVenusaur

In All Her Gay Glory
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So again, how does this work with M!Avatar+F!Avatar? I can think of at least two potential problems:
-- Since the endings have to make sense used on the avatar by themselves, it would be hard to phrase the ending so that it reads well when there are two of them.
-- DLC and other characters that are not avatars from a story point of view might be implemented internally as avatars (all bonus units in Awakening are avatars) and you don't want to have messages for them that assume they are two versions of the same person

Well, I know for a fact that at the very least the amiibos and captured units aren't considered avatars, based off the endings i got for them.

Silrae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I know for a fact that at the very least the amiibos and captured units aren't considered avatars, based off the endings i got for them.
Sorry for getting your hopes up on those awakening endings, I really thought they would work. On the topic of amiibo units, it's actually super easy to make endings for them (or at least for Lucina).
68awlMB.png

julianuf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you need to do anything special to make Lucina pass on her stuff properly on marriage?

I married off Lucina to Saizo and it all went perfectly smooth - Asugi has awesome blue hair like Lucina, and inherited Archer from her.

My next attempt was Arthur x Ike. I S Rank'd them, went into Percy's paralogue, but, he doesn't have Ike's hair. It's just a plain light gray color. I haven't tried finishing the chapter yet to see if he at least inherited (what I think should be) Mercenary from Ike.

So I'm just curious if you did anything special to make Lucina pass on her hair color?

UnassumingVenusaur

In All Her Gay Glory
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you need to do anything special to make Lucina pass on her stuff properly on marriage?

I married off Lucina to Saizo and it all went perfectly smooth - Asugi has awesome blue hair like Lucina, and inherited Archer from her.

My next attempt was Arthur x Ike. I S Rank'd them, went into Percy's paralogue, but, he doesn't have Ike's hair. It's just a plain light gray color. I haven't tried finishing the chapter yet to see if he at least inherited (what I think should be) Mercenary from Ike.

So I'm just curious if you did anything special to make Lucina pass on her hair color?

No, I didn't do anything special. The game has that same light gray as the "hair color" for Marth, Ike, and Robin. I haven't been able to figure out where the hair colors are stored in the game files so I haven't been able to change it yet.

julianuf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I didn't do anything special. The game has that same light gray as the "hair color" for Marth, Ike, and Robin. I haven't been able to figure out where the hair colors are stored in the game files so I haven't been able to change it yet.

I see, so Lucina happened to have it coded since she's female, I guess. ;_;

I have some ideas, I'll let you know if I figure anything out.

Thanks! :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Only 1 tempycoin.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got kfc for dinner fucking dinner box is a joke
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just go gummy, ancientboi would like you better that way anyways, and you save money on toothbrushes/toothpaste
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @Sicklyboy I agree, but also it's about self control and realistic thinking. We wouldn't feed a dog soda, so why feed it to ourselves? Eating unhealthy food because it's cheap is one thing, but I'm sure you know people who drink soda routinely when they should be drinking water which is free.
    I get it can feel mean to say "no treat sweet beverage for you anymore" but for many people it's just in their way of life.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I drink soda twice out of the week
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Plus decay can start as young as 15 tons of factors
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Even sugar free isn't good, as the acid is bad enough.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    oh earlier than 15 Ken, babies, children can get decay
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So dentists give. Us these caps that'll last a few years to fight thrm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but babies get a new set
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Screw godfor not giving us a new adult set after we mess up
    +2
  • cearp @ cearp:
    "You listening up there big guy?"
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just smoke meth, all your dental problems will go away.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even steven
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I wonder why edibles haven't caught on for meth
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Locked down from government to dispensary
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In India it has, can't remember what its called yuka I think, they have a crisis like we have with fentanal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's why we need regulation :teach:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Speak to Psi, he'll offer you some in Tempycoin. :tpi:
    +1
  • OGSniper @ OGSniper:
    Day after day, we drink beer, Night after night my heartbeat shows the fear
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Beer can be bad for your teeth
  • OGSniper @ OGSniper:
    Teeth? What Teeth?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Do crack instead. Beer is more of a depressant.
  • OGSniper @ OGSniper:
    I like taking trips without even leaving my house, if ya know what I mean.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hygienist name is Jose I'm like fuck Juan found me
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My hygienist name is Jose I'm like fuck Juan found me +1