Fire Emblem 12 [ENG] not working on R4 clone. HELP!

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by tiduscrying, Mar 11, 2013.

1. tiduscrying
    OP

Member tiduscrying that butt...

United States
    Hey all.

I just beat Fire Emblem Awakening, so recently I have been getting into the other Fire Emblem games. So far, I have every Fire Emblem game except for the Gamecube/Wii ones and THIS one (12: Mystery of the Emblem/ remake of 2). I could technically just play the SNES original of the game, but I can't seem to emulate it properly on any other device than my phone. AND, the features added to the DS remake are very appealing (Casual mode, DLC, support convos). It is pretty much identical to Awakening, but just has a different story/graphics/ish like that.

The game received a faithful fan translation that is %100. Even the DLC has been translated for christ's sake! II am pretty sure the patch has a post here on this forum, but I linked to the official team's website for the project.

Anyhew, here is my problem. I put the Japanese rom on my R4 and it works okay. (FOR REFERENCE: I have a white R4i-clone with a red PCB board; runs Wood). I then patched the rom myself (with Linux, no less) into english and then put it on my R4. Didn't load... The rom didn't even start. Then, for shits and giggles, I ran the rom on my crap netbook via DeSmuME, and it ran fine. Laggy as all hell, but it was definitely in english.

So the question here is if anyone knows of a fix for my problem or has encountered it themselves. I think I remember reading on some random forum that it wasn't working for another flash card, but I can't quite remember if they got a fix for it. Any info is much appreciated!

2. joesteve1914

Member joesteve1914 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Try ttmenu. Mine wouldn't work either with wood.

3. tiduscrying
    OP

Member tiduscrying that butt...

United States

Welp. Tried doing that and bricked my card... D:

4. Normmatt

Member Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

New Zealand
    The translation team likely broke some stuff or overwrote stuff flashcarts patch.