Feedback Find out why some Wii Injects games from other regions get a black screen on the Wii U

Zeox-gamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
discovered that if some Japanese or europe games are injected into the American Wiiu the screen goes black and the game does not work, but if you change the region of the Vwii, dumping its setting.txt via ftp and using settingEdit, and changing the language to JP and the region to JPN, save and replace these files there on the vwii's nand, the games that stay on a black screen, will work however, you won't be able to play some injected American games, in short it's better not to do that.

I hope some dev reads what I'm going to say because it will help the Wii U community, there has to be the possibility of creating an aroma plugin, or patcher that makes injects or games on the Wii disc become region free when using it. them in the Wii U menu, this would solve the problem because if you had something that emulates this setting.txt and detects each game region the games opened, why would they be in the correct way that each game runs, would solve the problem, and so every Wii injects game region would work on any Wii without needing to modify the Vwii's setting.txt to run some games and return to normal to run others, that's the idea friends.

small game examples to nothing work on WIIU versions:

Tales of graces - work only WII U JPN ( USA/EUR nothing )
Bomberman blast japan - work only wiiu USA/JPN ( EUR nothing )
Naruto gekitou ninja taisen sp - work only WII U USA/JPN ( EUR nothing )

solution to the problem is to have some plugin or patch that automatically detects the region and video output along with the language, just like the region free plugin on the Wiiu would need one for the Vwii.

UPDATE: 17/06/2024

Now with the program (Uwuvci AIO) updated, just inject your Wii games by forcing the game's region to its default region, for example:
European games will be marked for video patch in PAL instead of NTSC because when it was injected normally by (Tecon moon) the injects always opened on the consoles respecting the console region, which is why black screen in some EUROPEAN games and if it is AMERICAN games, put the patch video in NTSC now you can force the game itself to take this different attitude than before
to work JAPANESE games you can mark J-NTSC video patch and mark JP Patch so it will work without having to edit the vwii settings or install vwii from another region.

Last edited by Zeox-gamer,

Zeox-gamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes, now with the program (Uwuvci AIO) updated, just inject your Wii games by forcing the game's region to its default region, for example:
European games will be marked for video patch in PAL instead of NTSC because when it was injected normally by (Tecon moon) the injects always opened on the consoles respecting the console region, which is why black screen in some EUROPEAN games and if it is AMERICAN games, put the patch video in NTSC now you can force the game itself to take this different attitude than before
to work JAPANESE games you can mark J-NTSC video patch and mark JP Patch so it will work without having to edit the vwii settings or install vwii from another region.

AcuteBulbasaurappears

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, now with the program (Uwuvci AIO) updated, just inject your Wii games by forcing the game's region to its default region, for example:
Unfortunately that does not work with every game :(

Zeox-gamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Unfortunately that does not work with every game :(
It's because you're forcing the game to open in a type of video that isn't from its region:
If you force the game to open in its own region it will work example:

EUR GAMES force PAL

USA GAMES force NTSC

JPN GAMES force J-NTSC with JP patch

This way it will work because as I said, if you force the game to open in the region of your console, many will give a black screen because not all European games work in NTSC and vice versa, so force the games to run in the same region as them. they will work because then Vwii will no longer command the region through its nand but rather through what is being forced in the specific game. I did this in many games that previously gave a black screen.

I tested this theory when I followed the method of changing the txt setting for the game region and then I saw that it worked because the Vwii nand was running the game using the same pattern that it asks me to just repeat the same thing through inject and it worked because in the end the region matches that of the game

AcuteBulbasaurappears

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's because you're forcing the game to open in a type of video that isn't from its region:

EUR GAMES force PAL

USA GAMES force NTSC

I'm sorry, but I did exactly that. Unfortunately it didn't work with both of my games :/

Carlos_DobleC

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

EUR GAMES force PAL

USA GAMES force NTSC

This way it will work because as I said, if you force the game to open in the region of your console, many will give a black screen because not all European games work in NTSC and vice versa, so force the games to run in the same region as them. they will work because then Vwii will no longer command the region through its nand but rather through what is being forced in the specific game. I did this in many games that previously gave a black screen.

I tested this theory when I followed the method of changing the txt setting for the game region and then I saw that it worked because the Vwii nand was running the game using the same pattern that it asks me to just repeat the same thing through inject and it worked because in the end the region matches that of the game

I don't think this works with Wiiware, when I select a .wad, the patch options are blocked.

EDIT:
@NicoAICP maybe you can solve this.
Even though the options become locked when selecting a .wad, if I leave them selected before, will they affect the wup that is created from that .wad?

Last edited by Carlos_DobleC,

Zeox-gamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't think this works with Wiiware, when I select a .wad, the patch options are blocked.

EDIT:
@NicoAICP maybe you can solve this.
Even though the options become locked when selecting a .wad, if I leave them selected before, will they affect the wup that is created from that .wad?
above I was only referring to Wii games, not Wiiware games friends to wiiware games other method

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Luigi's Mansion 2 HD is out