Hacking Finaly... WOOD For TT... REAL and Working!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
idn said:
Well, yes, you can. GPL is a type of licence that grants you exactly that right. If you're modifying code released under GPL and post only binaries - you're in violation of the licence, for which you can actually get fined in a court. There have been many cases of GPL breach in recent years and most of them went to court and were highly publicized. Of course, they were bigger projects than Wood, and suing someone who lives in Japan would be a lot of hassle, so YWG went for the easier way.

GPL is a lifestyle, open source advocates tend to take it very seriously.
Who lives in Japan ? Do you know who is the author of wood TT to claim this ?

idn

Trophies
XP
Country
Mbmax said:
idn said:
Well, yes, you can. GPL is a type of licence that grants you exactly that right. If you're modifying code released under GPL and post only binaries - you're in violation of the licence, for which you can actually get fined in a court. There have been many cases of GPL breach in recent years and most of them went to court and were highly publicized. Of course, they were bigger projects than Wood, and suing someone who lives in Japan would be a lot of hassle, so YWG went for the easier way.

GPL is a lifestyle, open source advocates tend to take it very seriously.
Who lives in Japan ? Do you know who is the author of wood TT to claim this ?

Yes, he is a poster on 2ch, it's a Japanese forum. It was already estabilished a few posts back. He uses a tripcode, so he's identifiable and can be contacted, though there are no PMs on 2ch and he may not know English. Of course, he just might be from somewhere else and just happens to post in Japanese on a Japanese forum, but it's a bit more likely he's just Japanese.
QUOTE(drewmerc @ Mar 6 2011, 09:11 AM)
to all you saying he must release the source code because it's GPL, well yes he must but nowhere in the GPL does it give a time frame for when he must do so
hell it was a few years before telstra released the code for it's hub and nobody complained
http://news.slashdot.org/story/11/02/21/02...th-GPL?from=rss
The time frame is now, at the same time he released the binaries he should have posted the source code as well. He is in violation of GPL as long as he doesn't release the code, there's no grace period. And if you actually read that article you would have noticed the part where it says "was sharply criticised", which kind of doesn't mean "nobody complained".

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
idn said:
Yes, he is a poster on 2ch, it's a Japanese forum. It was already estabilished a few posts back. He uses a tripcode, so he's identifiable and can be contacted, though there are no PMs on 2ch and he may not know English. Of course, he just might be from somewhere else and just happens to post in Japanese on a Japanese forum, but it's a bit more likely he's just Japanese.
Sure it's probably a Japanese guy but i doubt we can reach him to ask him to release the source code as both wood TT and wood M3 were posted anonymously.

idn

Trophies
XP
Country
Mbmax said:
idn said:
Sure it's probably a Japanese guy but i doubt we can reach him to ask him to release the source code as both wood TT and wood M3 were posted anonymously.
Did you forget that they're signed in the changelog?

Dragon xMOiWm66pBTN

or, in the Japanese changelog:

???????xMOiWm66pBTN

now google that last part, that's the tripcode, his unique identifier which can't be used by anyone else, and notice that he's active on 2ch. Sure, it might be hard to reach him, but not impossible.

idn

Trophies
XP
Country
Nah, Japanese geeks rarely venture to the western parts of the internet. Their knowledge of English is often very basic, also, they have no business here since they have their own forums and societies.

idn

Trophies
XP
Country
Nice troll there.

Though using Chinese instead of Japanese wasn't that smart.

drewmerc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Elvarg said:
30 seconds on google translate would tell you it's crap

Chinese to English translation
I heard that you need to determine what you always wanted me.
I will not come back here, you have 24 hours

Elvarg

Zyzz™
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
idn said:

Dragon xMOiWm66pBTN

???????xMOiWm66pBTN

now google that last part, that's the tripcode, his unique identifier which can't be used by anyone else, and notice that he's active on 2ch. Sure, it might be hard to reach him, but not impossible.
I probably missed the initial post of wood TT 1.25 on the 2CH forum, because all i first found was an anonymous post (?????????????).
Perhaps we should continue this conversation in PM ...

drewmerc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mbmax said:
idn said:

Dragon xMOiWm66pBTN

???????xMOiWm66pBTN

I probably missed the initial post on the 2CH forum, because all i first found was an anonymous post (?????????????).
Perhaps we should continue this conversation in PM ...
http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl...w%26prmd%3Divns

translated cache of the thread

Elvarg said:
QUOTE(drewmerc @ Mar 6 2011, 08:21 PM)
it was not him, it was a troll

i guess the mods checked the posters ip and it was not Japanese

*snip*
sorry to say but get over it as it was not him anybody could create the user name dragon onion
the text was Chinese when it should have been Japanese

*****EDIT*****
from the translated thread http://www.duckload.com/download/3409796/tt_3ds_wood_126.rar

passworded?

Steven_Green

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh guy, you post password too
closedeyes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum