Hacking Finaly... WOOD For TT... REAL and Working!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kupo3000

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm trying to launch YSMENU with RGF's recent fixes through WoodTT.
Is there a way to dual boot with WoodTT?

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually Kupo you can. Just rename TTMenu.dat of YsMenu to TTMenu.nds. When you boot the TTMenu.dat of WoodTT, you'll be able to boot TTMenu.nds, so that you'll go in YSMenu.

kupo3000

Trophies
XP
Country
gamefan5 said:
Actually Kupo you can. Just rename TTMenu.dat of YsMenu to TTMenu.nds. When you boot the TTMenu.dat of WoodTT, you'll be able to boot TTMenu.nds, so that you'll go in YSMenu.

Where does the renamed TTMenu.dat as TTMenu.nds go? In the sd card root or in my rom folder?
I used DSTT_DSTTi YSMenu from RGF's 6.51 pack and gave me a Error: can't fatInitDefault.
My DSTT is an original just in case.

raiderscrusade

Trophies
XP
Country
Elvarg said:
'PROOF POKEMON BLACK(CLEAN)(E) IS WORKING ON WOOD4TT

pictures taken from my mobile phone....

if pokemon does not work for you it simply means you dont have a clean rom...
*removed images myself*

What about battling, does the EXP go up after each battle?

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dude, you just said patched. It's not a clean rom. Thx for answering my question. It proves that without patching it does not work.
And kupo, you can put the TTMenu.nds anywhere. Just leave the TTMenu.dat of WOODTT in the root of SD card.

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you guys were intelligent enough to read all the posts before you try to show some "Breaking news" (Referring to elvarg) you'd have seen that i had LONG ago posted that Pokemon booted but all the AP was still in effect.

idn

Trophies
XP
Country
Bunie said:
idn said:
Of course others can do that, but, by definition, they also have to share the code like he has. The code is licenced under GPL, which means that anyone can use it and change it however they want, the only requirement is sharing the changed code. Dragon didn't share his.
How do we know Dragon didnt share his? We dont even know where it came from Lol. it just appeared, like the opposite of charlie sheens children. :moogle:
Actually, we do. This guy uses a tripcode (that's the "xMOiWm66pBTN" part), so he's not anonymous on 2ch and can be contacted. I don't know if YWG tried to do this, though if he didn't, the 403 on google code should force Dragon to contact him. Unless he doesn't know English, that would complicate things somewhat. Anyway, if someone (besides Dragon) would want to code another DSTT version, I'd imagine all he'd have to do is contact YWG personally, so I don't think 403ing the page is hurting the community as a whole, it really just affects Dragon and this one hack.

Hatchetball

RepititionRedundancyRepitition
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TTDS Users: WoodTT will work with B/W. Tested/Confimed (Prolly like 80 times by now...)
The ROMs -MUST- be patched, otherwise the AP will exist and it'll be un-playable.

Simply download WoodTT, patch your roms, drag/drop and play.

A massive thank you very much to the creators is in order.

@ OP: Might want to add in the 1st post something like
"TTDS Work after being patched, using WoodTT to boot with"

Elvarg

Zyzz™
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There have been previous versions of the ttwood you know just needa do a little reasearch....
wink.gif

heres the only other file i could find of a dstt wood alot are on websites that cant be translated...

http://down.qiannao.com/space/file/uu1001/...v1.13.rar/.page

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idn said:
Bunie said:
idn said:
Of course others can do that, but, by definition, they also have to share the code like he has. The code is licenced under GPL, which means that anyone can use it and change it however they want, the only requirement is sharing the changed code. Dragon didn't share his.
How do we know Dragon didnt share his? We dont even know where it came from Lol. it just appeared, like the opposite of charlie sheens children.
moogle.gif
Actually, we do. This guy uses a tripcode (that's the "xMOiWm66pBTN" part), so he's not anonymous on 2ch and can be contacted. I don't know if YWG tried to do this, though if he didn't, the 403 on google code should force Dragon to contact him. Unless he doesn't know English, that would complicate things somewhat. Anyway, if someone (besides Dragon) would want to code another DSTT version, I'd imagine all he'd have to do is contact YWG personally, so I don't think 403ing the page is hurting the community as a whole, it really just affects Dragon and this one hack.
I wish i could code these things. I did my best to do my best level of "Butchering" on the WoodR4 code, but no dice.

R4 and TT Load roms the *exact* same way, right? the only difference is the way they read/write to the MicroSD. i was hoping i could replace the R4 DLDI in the source code with the DSTT one, compile, and go nuts, however this turned out not to be the case (Its possible my compile was corrupt, too, didnt know wich devkit to use, so i used the latest). Doing this it still booted the same way it boots with an incorrect driver.

But, idn, We've already spent months attempting to port Wood to the TT. i'm pretty sure none of us are capable of such a task

However, you are right, and it gives me the idea that,

If Anyone Can Build Wood for the DSTT, Outdated or not, Do so, And then use that to gain contact with YWG, and see what can be done!

moogle.gif

The truth is, the Nintendo DS's Lifetime is up. even with 1.25, there will only be a small handfull of games that will not work, and out of those pkmn b/w is the only one worth playing, so really we're not going to miss out on much. Duke: Critical Mass has been cancled, though its never been said, the Duke Nukem name was purchased by Gearbox, and gearbox doesnt do DS. Anyone who saw gameplay footage would tell you it sucked anyway, was like a crappy manhattan project, with mini games or somthin. anyways, off topic. xD

SAVE Wood4TT! Put it in your Siggy. xD
moogle.gif

D

Deleted User

Ugh, I'm gonna ask the noob question... CAN I HAZ WORK on R4i? (The TT Clones)

greenwizard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Hi guys, I am new around

I have tested this wood in the r4i-gold (r4i-gold.com) and it WORKS PERFECTLY, I have had issues whit the skins in one sd card, but I have none in the other I tested, so I guess is only a bug.

To make it run just rename the file TTMenu.dat to TTmenu.nds and that's all;
works on pkmn white but still no wi-fi, also you can experiment tha it freezes sometimes in some games
like pokemon, mario vs donkey kong and 999

Even thought it is awesome, THANK YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ALcfGYLXcjQ?si=ePdtM6b0p5sWaxof