ROM Hack RELEASE Final Fantasy X/X-2 Undub

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
For Atmosphere 0.10.1+ users: Remember to rename folder 'titles' to 'contents'!

This project was possible only thanks to ro module implementation from Atmosphere team.

Requirements:
- Atmosphere 0.8.9 or newer

Atmosphere 0.8.8 and older + everything based on this old versions will not work.

It should work with every region with every Western language.

Known issues:
- Cutscene desynchronizations
>> (This are only my thoughts, I haven't studied localization files) Cutscenes that are not based on motion capture are synchronized with subtitles, so they tend to desynchronize with Japanese audio. Only way to repair this is to edit localization files.

- "Credits & Bonus Audio" desynchronization
>> JP version doesn't have proper timestamps for Western languages except English, so subtitles are synchronized to english video. Swapping them is not possible, as Japanese version contains ~380 lines, when English ~420 lines.

Just put atmosphere folder to root of your sdcard.
It should look like this:
Code:
atmosphere\nro_patches\FFX_Undub\01FEE8A3289603061B8B40850E99B039.ips #Credits & Bonus Audio
atmosphere\nro_patches\FFX_Undub\9ABE8E208A2AA147B83C965C88592951.ips #Final Fantasy X-2 + Last Mission
atmosphere\nro_patches\FFX_Undub\ECF2B302C9DBBA3F7DED988FF47D68D6.ips #Final Fantasy X + Eternal Calm

It's not 100% tested (only on english & spanish language), so every comment is appreciated.

Thanks to @ZeroFX @tabzer @NemRe for help with testing.

Changelog:
Code:
#24.04: Fixed one string for FF X & FF X-2
#24.04: Forced using additional JP Banks
#28.04: Added proper timestamps for "Credits & Bonus Audio" english subtitles.
Just tested this at 16.0.0 emunand cfw Atmosphere 1.5.1 and after choosing "final fantasy X " in the main menu after booting the game. the game says "software closed because an error has occured" if I remove the undub mod the game boots like normal. Any suggestion? (ofc i changed titles into contents of the zip folder)
EDIT: same issue and fix. press L at boot makes the game work, with the jap voices... WEIRD.

Last edited by Chrisssj2,

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
EDIT: same issue and fix. press L at boot makes the game work, with the jap voices... WEIRD.
exefs patches and nro patches are still applied even if you press L, so you have some mods installed that are conflicting with those patches... or maybe an issue is with text files included with mod.

JAVE13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the compatibility with nro_patches only need download the latest build of Atmosphere in bsnx.lavatech.top and copy the folder "atmosphere\titles\0100000000000037\exefs.nsp" to the microSD (same route).

You don't have to install anything, just copy these files.
man this is gonna sound extremely dumb but is there any advice on how to pply the patch ? i tried putting the folders in and changing the titles folder to contents but it isnt working for me did i miss any step ?

edit: somewhere on this thread there's someone saying to press l while booting n it should work n it did but the desync is abit bothering to me, can i remove the undub ?

Last edited by JAVE13,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: