Gaming Fifa 09

pitoui

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys I just "obtained" Fifa 09 for the Xbox 360 and am hoping that it will awesome.

But I want to know if you guys think that the Wii version will have a chance against PES 09 on the Wii.

PES 08 was amazing, it is one of my favourite soocer/footy games ever.

Do you think that Fifa 09 on wii has done enough to stand up to PES or not?

In my opinion.. no, but I have to wait a few more hours to play it.

What do you reckon?

Flawsdraw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I love my footie games but FIFA 08 and PES 08 sucked on the Wii, I found FIFA 09 however rather more playable, but one thing I extremely hate about it is you do not have any way of making any "good" money in Manager mode to be able to buy players, but other than that the gameplay is quite fun, easy though it aint the hardest of footie games but with a mate its a laugh. going to wait for PES 09 to see if it beats it.

inthejuxion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my opinion Fifa 09 sucks real bad. The players look horrible. They have a weird purpleish skin (wierd, I know... ) And the controls suck terribly. My FIFA Germany World Cup 2006 is 5x better than Fifa 09. It has better graphics and controls and it's for my GCN! The whole ALL PLAY crap has made Fifa 09 terrible. Not many options to mess around with and you can basically score from anywhere outside the 18 yrd box. Fifa 09 is a PHAILURE. ^^

crezwell

Trophies
XP
Country
I found PES alot better than fifa, even tho its a year older the controls are more fluid. i like in pes that u can drag players to make runs and then play the ball thru to them, with fifa u have to play the ball to feet or space and then hope one of ur players goes for it. unless someone knows a way to get players to make a run off the ball?? to be honest i didnt play pes that much after it came out, but after playing the flawed fifa 09 its got a new lease of life for me.
the only upside to fifa is you actually have control over a player when playing in defence.
oh and the 8 a side in fifa is the best thing about it, which says it all really i think.

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
crezwell said:
with fifa u have to play the ball to feet or space and then hope one of ur players goes for it. unless someone knows a way to get players to make a run off the ball??

make a run off the ball is the - button on the wii remote. Point to which player you want to run and press it. On the gamecube controller it's left trigger.

Gamecube controller is far better than the remote, you can chip shot (z+b), chip pass(x), cross low or high (double tap x for low), freekick low (hold left trigger). The Z button is like the C on the remote, shields the ball when you have it.

crezwell

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh right, didnt know that. Think ill still stick to pes tho as i like the point and click as something different to normal controls, i love having complete control over all the players rather than running with one using a stick. after playing pes wii, using normal controls for footy would feel like a backwards step.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1