Emulation Gaming Homebrew Homebrew app Emulator Nintendo 64 - Retroarch in Wii

kaneda-Arch_Linux

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't think the Nintendo wii doesn't have enough hardware to run the n64, but I believe an n64 core could aid in the development of the emulator itself. I know the n64 is hard to emulate, but not impossible.

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't think the Nintendo wii doesn't have enough hardware to run the n64, but I believe an n64 core could aid in the development of the emulator itself. I know the n64 is hard to emulate, but not impossible.

This was pretty much the mantra of PSX emulation before lightrec was developed and released, people working of it out of charity but not having any real hope that most games could run at full speed with no frame-skip and be comparable to real console playthrough, even seeing 240p implementation as an hypothetical pipe dream, and the fact that Nintendo or ''something'' broke emulation on the wii in the form of constant DSI crashing, disheartening devs and disappearing after the very early 2010s around the release of the Wii U, aside from heavy enthusiasts like the devs of Genesis Plus GX, most of the emulation scene on the wii was seemingly dead up until a few years ago, i mean, even proper GBA emulation was seen as an impossibility thanks to the cancer that was VBA, and then, mGBA shows up and gets ported, and all the sudden most games on the GBA run fine.

I am happy with lightrec and i do hope it gets improve on and compatibility and speed for the PSX emulation scene improves even further so that at least most games regardless of native framerate or horsepower can run with no issues.

I just hope that people rebuild the N64 emulation scene with a new emulator.

Reactions: zfreeman

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This was pretty much the mantra of PSX emulation before lightrec was developed and released, people working of it out of charity but not having any real hope that most games could run at full speed with no frame-skip and be comparable to real console playthrough, even seeing 240p implementation as an hypothetical pipe dream, and the fact that Nintendo or ''something'' broke emulation on the wii in the form of constant DSI crashing, disheartening devs and disappearing after the very early 2010s around the release of the Wii U, aside from heavy enthusiasts like the devs of Genesis Plus GX, most of the emulation scene on the wii was seemingly dead up until a few years ago, i mean, even proper GBA emulation was seen as an impossibility thanks to the cancer that was VBA, and then, mGBA shows up and gets ported, and all the sudden most games on the GBA run fine.

I am happy with lightrec and i do hope it gets improve on and compatibility and speed for the PSX emulation scene improves even further so that at least most games regardless of native framerate or horsepower can run with no issues.

I just hope that people rebuild the N64 emulation scene with a new emulator.
Been kinda wishing the same, that is; devs "joining" to make one solid product.

For instance, merge together the capabilities of Wii64 RICE and Not64 in one N64 emulator with the best of both.

I certainly don't know why devs decide to make "branches" of initial code to make alternatives of one same project.

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

For instance, merge together the capabilities of Wii64 RICE and Not64 in one N64 emulator with the best of both.

I certainly don't know why devs decide to make "branches" of initial code to make alternatives of one same project.
This is why i stick to Wiistation even when WiiSX got resurrected and updated, even tough some titles like the SFEX games run better on the latter.

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country

IIRC Not64 happened when Wii64 was on hiatus and once it resumed development Not64 was too far along for a code merge. We should actually consider ourselves lucky there are two different emulators that give different results, as well as Nintendo's own VC emulator. It's a bit messy but it gives the best possible compatibility and choice.

Anything is possible but the difficulty becomes exponentially harder once you're working on limited hardware from 2006. It's certainly a big ask from what is effectively a hobbyist project done by people in their free time. I think what we've got is probably the best we'll get for a while until someone else takes a stab at it and to be honest, it really isn't a bad place to be either. Of all the 6th and 7th gen consoles the Wii still has the best, most playable Nintendo 64 emulation, with about roughly 80 or 90 games playable out of a library of like 300 that's a really good record.

Reactions: SaulFabre

Zeox-gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I apologize, as I am Brazilian, we have a version of the conker bad fur day translated and unfortunately it is full of glitz inside the not64, example : put enter a door the conker gets the textures highly bugged. I didn't get to play the American version on the Wii so I can't say much. I tested on the Wii64 Rice, but the conker is white haha and the Wii64 Rice GX the conker is perfect but shadows are totally bugged and objects on the map too, such as fence, woods and water. But I confess that in terms of FPS the WIi64 Rice Gx did better.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

A peço desculpas, como sou brasileiro, nós temos uma versão do conker bad fur day traduzida e infelizmente é cheio de glitz dentro do not64, exemplo : apôs entrar numa porta o conker fica com as texturas altamente bugadas.
Não cheguei a jogar a versão americana no Wii então não posso falar muito..
Testei no Wii64 Rice, porém o conker fica branco haha e no Wii64 Rice GX o conker fica perfeito porém sombras ficam totalmente bugadas e objetos no mapa também, como cerca, matos e agua.
Mas confesso que em quesito de FPS o WIi64 Rice Gx se saiu melhor.
Hello friendHi friend, I'm Brazilian too and I modified the wii64 rice inis to make this translated conker bad furday work as well as other versions and other games like perfect dark and 007 it was 90% better and I made the download link available on my channel from costv of the same name as youtube called zeox gamer.
my channels:
N64 wii64 and wii64 rice for wii and wii u with mod ini add more games support:
https://cos.tv/videos/play/38586197994934272
my youtube channel:
https://cos.tv/videos/play/38586197994934272

Reactions: Disorarara

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto