Emulation Gaming Homebrew Homebrew app Emulator Nintendo 64 - Retroarch in Wii

kaneda-Arch_Linux

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys okay? I'm Brazilian, according to my profile and wanted to ask a question with you and also know your opinion related to Nintendo 64 emulation on the Wii. I think the retroach would be the best way to emulate the N64 on the Wii, precisely because of the use of core. Would it be possible to use the retroarch-PC core in the WII retroarch?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Olá pessoal tudo bem ? sou brasileiro, conforme o meu perfil e queria tirar uma dúvida com vocês e também saber a opinião de vocês relacionado a emulação de Nintendo 64 no Wii.
Creio que o retroach seria a melhor saída para emulação do N64 no Wii, justamente pela utilização de cores.
Será que seria possível utilizar o core do retroarch-PC no retroarch de WII ?

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
There are no n64 cores for RA, the same way as there are no PS1 cores on it, the latter has its emulation recently improved via lightrec being implemented in all 3 emulators at the moment, but its in the works, the former, its still a crapshoot on standalone.

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
There are no n64 cores for RA, the same way as there are no PS1 cores on it, the latter has its emulation recently improved via lightrec being implemented in all 3 emulators at the moment, but its in the works, the former, its still a crapshoot on standalone.
I was under the impression there was a Mupen64 core, which Wii64/Not64 is already based off of.

kaneda-Arch_Linux

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
what a pity, I think the wii has the ability to run very well all the games of the n64, as is happening with the WiiStation that the games are up to 60fps. But the emulation of 64 on the Wii is just as bad :(. All I wanted was to throw my bad fur day conker in peace on it.

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
what a pity, I think the wii has the ability to run very well all the games of the n64, as is happening with the WiiStation that the games are up to 60fps. But the emulation of 64 on the Wii is just as bad :(. All I wanted was to throw my bad fur day conker in peace on it.
Conker's Bad Fur Day works fine on latest Not64

Just enable FB Textures, set Audio Limit to DL, and disable Scale Pitch.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Don't you mean Wii 64 RICE?

Are you sure Not64 is able to run this game fine?
Nope, Wii64 Rice can't run fine that game, only Not64 can run it decently.
@Extrems shared those specific settings for Conker's BFD i described.

EDIT: Proof video by @Zorg07:

kaneda-Arch_Linux

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I apologize, as I am Brazilian, we have a version of the conker bad fur day translated and unfortunately it is full of glitz inside the not64, example : put enter a door the conker gets the textures highly bugged. I didn't get to play the American version on the Wii so I can't say much. I tested on the Wii64 Rice, but the conker is white haha and the Wii64 Rice GX the conker is perfect but shadows are totally bugged and objects on the map too, such as fence, woods and water. But I confess that in terms of FPS the WIi64 Rice Gx did better.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

A peço desculpas, como sou brasileiro, nós temos uma versão do conker bad fur day traduzida e infelizmente é cheio de glitz dentro do not64, exemplo : apôs entrar numa porta o conker fica com as texturas altamente bugadas.
Não cheguei a jogar a versão americana no Wii então não posso falar muito..
Testei no Wii64 Rice, porém o conker fica branco haha e no Wii64 Rice GX o conker fica perfeito porém sombras ficam totalmente bugadas e objetos no mapa também, como cerca, matos e agua.
Mas confesso que em quesito de FPS o WIi64 Rice Gx se saiu melhor.

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys okay? I'm Brazilian, according to my profile and wanted to ask a question with you and also know your opinion related to Nintendo 64 emulation on the Wii. I think the retroach would be the best way to emulate the N64 on the Wii, precisely because of the use of core. Would it be possible to use the retroarch-PC core in the WII retroarch?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Olá pessoal tudo bem ? sou brasileiro, conforme o meu perfil e queria tirar uma dúvida com vocês e também saber a opinião de vocês relacionado a emulação de Nintendo 64 no Wii.
Creio que o retroach seria a melhor saída para emulação do N64 no Wii, justamente pela utilização de cores.
Será que seria possível utilizar o core do retroarch-PC no retroarch de WII ?
Yea because no one thought of bringing a N64 core in retroarch so people can play N64 games on the Wii...Theres a reason why 20 N64 games were release on the Wii. If Wii64/Not64 couldn't get it right what makes you think a retroarch core will?

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Yea because no one thought of bringing a N64 core in retroarch so people can play N64 games on the Wii...Theres a reason why 20 N64 games were release on the Wii. If Wii64/Not64 couldn't get it right what makes you think a retroarch core will?
the main cause of Nintendo only bringing 20 N64 games on the VC is because N64 is still very hard to emulate, especially on low-powered platforms.

Also, if they ever made a Wii version of the RA core Mupen64Plus, it will run very very slow because it doesn't have code for GPU (hardware) accelerated graphics, being stuck at Software rendering...

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
the main cause of Nintendo only bringing 20 N64 games on the VC is because N64 is still very hard to emulate, especially on low-powered platforms.

Also, if they ever made a Wii version of the RA core Mupen64Plus, it will run very very slow because it doesn't have code for GPU (hardware) accelerated graphics, being stuck at Software rendering...
88MB of RAM lol

Which is why RetroArch NeoGeo and CPS3 on Wii is amazing.
Post automatically merged:

Anyway: I just did Conker in NOT64 as Saul mentioned and I'm excited as it works.
I wasn't aware of that since I thought that Wii64 RICE was for RARE since it can run DK64 without Camera Glitch.

Turns out Not64 is still better than Wii64 and Wii64 has minor graphical issues with Cruis'n Exotica, NBA JAM 2000 and Magical Tetris Challenge which are no-go in Not64.

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
88MB of RAM lol

Anyway: I just did Conker in NOT64 as Saul mentioned and I'm excited as it works.
I wasn't aware of that since I thought that Wii64 RICE was for RARE since it can run DK64 without Camera Glitch.

Turns out Not64 is still better than Wii64 and Wii64 has minor graphical issues with Cruis'n Exotica, NBA JAM 2000 and Magical Tetris Challenge which are no-go in Not64.
still play Bomberman 64 on Not64 tho...

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
still play Bomberman 64 on Not64 tho...
This Bomberman? Because this is one of two Bomberman on N64 to me:
2755titlescreen.png

The other Bomberman got an official Virtual Console port. 😃

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
88MB of RAM lol

Too bad CPS3 doesn't run full speed. Kinda defeats the purpose for fighting games, though it is cool to see third strike running on wii anyways.

Qaztab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I teeter on and off about removing CPS3 completely from my Wii. When you see how it's supposed to run, and then frame skip it so it actually is playable, there's a noticeable jump in difference. It's not CPS3 anymore.

IIRC, there's only one game, a version of SF3, that doesn't need quite the amount of frame skipping that the other CPS3 games do.

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
I teeter on and off about removing CPS3 completely from my Wii. When you see how it's supposed to run, and then frame skip it so it actually is playable, there's a noticeable jump in difference. It's not CPS3 anymore.

IIRC, there's only one game, a version of SF3, that doesn't need quite the amount of frame skipping that the other CPS3 games do.

Which one is it? I'll take whatever.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto