Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh I did not mean to make it seem like "screw everyone else just help me", I just kinda said it. The way I said it implied to not worry about the story because Square will get around to it, and just stick to the actual game play text like you guys originally intended.

*Looking forward to the progress you guys make. I will play this in a heartbeat if you get far with it.
smile.gif

D

Deleted User

I'm kinda desperate right now, I have no success finding some text in this rom. I've tried a large number of relative search, with no success... It's frustrating because on the other hand I've found almost all graphical data, like portraits for each skill or sprites... But no text !
As anyone noticed a large text in romanji ? Best so far was DATA.

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So you didn't find any Graphics for the font ?

I was shocked when I saw that they did put everything into a archive.
ohmy.gif

Just wanted to find the text files ,but my skills are somewhat ... shit. xD

D

Deleted User

So you didn't find any Graphics for the font ?
I've found graphics for some kanjis, but not displayed like a chart, they were by chunks like that : a list of adresses of glyphs and each glyph prefixed by what could be a width information (strange because kanjis are squared but who knows...).
Then in another file I've foudn some kanjis with a lot of data around them.
But no real font table like in other games.

QUOTE said:
I was shocked when I saw that they did put everything into a archive.
ohmy.gif

Just wanted to find the text files ,but my skills are somewhat ... shit. xD
I'm yet to fully understand the archive format, for examples, full filenames are referenced in the arm9.bin, but I have found offset and size of files in the archive.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I thought using the save file could help to understand the compression or text format. (looking for the character's name by comparison of 2 save file)
I assume the save's data has the same compression scheme as the game's data.
But you said you found some kanji, so I think you already tried this method.

Anyway, I'm sure you have better knowledge than me
tongue.gif

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
@ppl who want to help and/or helped already:
Thank you all people for ur caring/time.

@for wiki:
most the stuff you need are in the first post of this topic, the "Undone" ones are original pix i took with camera and uploaded "Done" ones are the ones with translations.

this post has all the "Done" ones from second upload (the story and gameplay are not seperated)
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=633...ndpost&p=823348

so with that ^post and first post of this topic, I have summerized all the work done by warbird and penguin knight.

i'm so glad that there is a solution beside uploading since i cant upload 19mg, But i wish Wiki works good, since i have no experience with it.

please keep the separation between Gameplay and story in the Wiki, as i tried to do with uploads.

[EDIT]
4,820 views is really heart warming!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I added some pictures to the Wiki.

I don't know if the template is good, there will be a lot of picture and the page will grow quickly .
Maybe the "3 rows" is not good after all, we might just keep the picture and the translation next to it.
1 or 2 rows is good I think.

Do you want raw screenshots with translation in text, edited pictures only, or both ?

Tell me what you think, I'll try to change the layout then.

Deufeufeu, do you have a better job listing ?
the one you gave is a little small.

If I can find all the kanji (I'm using NJstar, but I don't know their reading so it's not easy to find them), I'll make a table in wiki with the name and translation (without the picture)
A japanese people could help me here, thanks
smile.gif

warbird

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ソルジャー ウォリアー パラディン 闘士
グラディエーター 竜騎士 守護騎士 神殿騎士
モーグリナイト フェンサー 魔法剣士 バーサーカー
ラニスタ ヴァイキング ラプター バスタード
白魔道士 黒魔道士 緑魔道士 時魔道士
青魔道士 赤魔道士 裏魔道士 幻術士
錬金術士 召喚士 導士 精霊使い
ビショップ セージ 風水士 吟遊詩人
シーフ 忍者 ホワイトモンク マスターモンク
用心棒 アサシン トリックスター エアレス
動物使い 魔獣使い チョコボ士 レンジャー
曲芸士 からくり士 学者 弓使い
狩人 スタイパー 銃使い 砲撃士
魔砲士 空賊 踊り子 エージェント
調合士

There are 4 there I couldnt read from the top of my head. Ill fill those in later if no one else does it before me.

Edit: 1 left. not sure about what it says....

edit2: figured it out. list of jobs complete.

Edit3: fixed モーグリナイト

Froyst

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Figured I'd help with the jobs. I know almost no japanese, these are what I've gleaned from using online translators. All the obvious ones don't have any notes, because I'm 100% sure that's what those are, but all the other ones I've written down possible translations. Some I'm more sure of than others. Please, PLEASE pick these apart as much as possible, and help to make them as accurate as possible!

?????
Soldier
?????
Warrior
?????
Paladin
??
Fighter
????????
Guradeieetaa (Guardian) EDIT: Gladiator
???
Ryuukishi (Dragoon)
????
Shugokishi (Protection Horseman) (Defender?)
????
shinden kishi (Templar)
???????
koogurinaito (No idea...Mog Knight?)
?????
Fencer
????
Magic Fencer
??????
Berserker
????
Lanista
??????
Viking
????
Raptor
?????
Bastard
????
White Mage
????
Black Mage
????
Green Mage
????
Time Mage
????
Blue Mage
????
Red Mage
????
Arcane Mage (Reverse Side Mage)
???
Illusionist
????
Alchemist
???
Summoner
??
dou samurai (Samurai?) EDIT: Devout(?)
????
Spirit user (Not sure about this one) EDIT: I think this one is Morpher (see Morpher)
?????
Bishop
???
Sage
???
Geomancer
????
Bard
???
shiifu (Master? Lizaford's job perhaps?) EDIT: Thief (thanks warbird)
??
Ninja
???????
White Monk
???????
Master Monk
???
Youjinbou (Bodyguard/Ronin/Samurai) EDIT: Samurai
????
Assassin
???????
Trickster
????
Earesu (??? Eraser???) EDIT: Heiress (thanks warbird)
????
Animist
????
Morpher EDIT: This one is probably Beastmaster
?????
Chocobo Knight
?????
Ranger
???
Trickster EDIT: Actually this one is Juggler
?????
Gadgeteer
??
Scholar
???
Archer
??
Hunter
?????
Sniper
???
Gunner
???

EDIT: I forgot an entire line of translations in my post
tongue.gif
Sorry about that, here's the rest

???
Cannonneer
???
Magic Gunner
??
Sky Pirate
???
Dancer
??????
Agent
???
Compound/Mixed

Only ones I haven't figured out are Devout, Mog Knight, and Sky Pirate...I also have like 3 possibilities for Samurai, and had no idea what ???? could be. Fire away and have fun!

EDIT: Almost 100% certain that ??????? is Mog Knight. -naito is obviously from knight, and since Kooguri is almost like Mooguri (????) It's pretty close., maybe you copied down the first katakana wrong?

EDIT2: Took a look at the FFTA2 official site, and I think I figured out what Samurai is, and possibly Devout by eliminating one of the possible samurai choices.

warbird

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You are correct. A typo there. And im pretty sure エアレス is Heiress

edit: シーフ is thief

edit2:

精霊使い
Spirit user (Not sure about this one) EDIT: I think this one is Morpher (see Morpher)
--It doesnt seem like this character does any morphing... the description on the official page says "Lending the powers of the spirits of nature, this is a magician using spirit magic".

導士
dou samurai (Samurai?) EDIT: Devout(?)
--No idea. From the official page, it looks like an awesome magician, that can also use a weapon to some extent.

用心棒
Youjinbou (Bodyguard/Ronin/Samurai) EDIT: Samurai
--Looks like a samurai on the official page, but "muscle man" or "bodyguard" etc are closer translations.

魔獣使い
Morpher EDIT: This one is probably Beastmaster
--Beastmaster seems to fit. characters mean "magic" + "beast" + "user"

Froyst

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a more comprehensive Tribe-sorted (and hopefully semi-hierarchy-sorted as well, from what I've understood), list of translations:

Hume
==========

?????
Soldier

?????
Paladin

??
Fighter

????????
Gladiator

????
White Mage

????
Black Mage

????
Blue Mage

???
Illusionist

??
Devout

???
Thief

??
Ninja

???
Yojimbo

???
Archer

??
Hunter

Bangaa
==========

?????
Warrior

????????
Gladiator

???
Dragoon

????
Defender

????
Templar

?????
Bishop

???????
White Monk

???????
Master Monk

???
Cannoneer

???????
Trickster

Moogle
==========

???????
Mog Knight

?????
Chocobo Knight

????
Black Mage

????
Time Mage

???
Thief

???
Juggler

????
Animist

?????
Gadgeteer

???
Gunner

???
Magic Gunner

Nu Mou
==========

????
White Mage

????
Black Mage

????
Arcane Mage

???
Illusionist

???
Sage

????
Alchemist

????
Beastmaster

??
Scholar

Viera
==========

?????
Fencer

????
White Mage

????
Green Mage

????
Red Mage

????
Magic Fencer

???
Summoner

????
Elementalist

???
Archer

?????
Sniper

????
Assassin

Seeq
==========

??????
Berserker

????
Lanista

??????
Viking

?????
Ranger

Gria
==========

????
Raptor

?????
Bastard

???
Geomancer (Wind & Water Warrior)

??
Hunter

Special Jobs
==========

????
Bard (Gurdy)

????
Heiress (Illua?)

??
Sky Pirate (Vaan)

???
Dancer (Penelo)

??????
Agent (Al-Cid Margrace)

???
Compound/Mixed (Unknown)

????
Rune Master (Lizaford)

QUOTE said:
--It doesnt seem like this character does any morphing... the description on the official page says "Lending the powers of the spirits of nature, this is a magician using spirit magic".

It's almost assuredly Morpher. I can't really see it being anything else, I've gone all the way through the job list and pretty much everything fits pretty well. It probably can't Morph at this stage because A) Can't really understand enough about the game to capture monsters and raise them yet, or B) The capturing system/Morphing system is completely different from what it was in FFTA, and we haven't figured out what that system is yet.

EDIT: After looking through the official site again, I notice one problem: there IS no Morpher listed under the Nu Mou tribe job list! I guess the Morphers were removed from this game? BUT - The "Spirit User" job isn't listed under any other tribe's job list either...odd. I'll leave it in "Special Jobs" for now.

ALSO: I'd like to turn this into a list of job info, as far as pre-requisites for obtaining each class, maybe even little blurbs about what they do, especially the newer classes.

EDIT2: Renamed what was incorrectly attributed to Gria to "Geomancer" (Wind and Water Warrior) as it's one of the accepted translations for the new class according to other sites and it fits. The "Geomancer" (Spirit User) I had put in the Viera field, is obviously the same job that was translated as "Elementalist" from the first FFTA, so I've kept that name. I also changed Samurai to Yojimbo since it's a more faithful translation.

kikuchiyo

大阪に生まれた男
Trophies
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
Country
United States
Some of this info is already up at the Final Fantasy wikia site, along with a brief description, but without the helpful for others Japanese.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Magic_Gunner

I'll also chime in and say that yojimbo is a better translation of the class name (not only is it direct, but I think it is more accurate) but I'm sure it will get changed to samurai in the SE English translation.

warbird

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

warbird

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
EDIT: After looking through the official site again, I notice one problem: there IS no Morpher listed under the Nu Mou tribe job list! I guess the Morphers were removed from this game? BUT - The "Spirit User" job isn't listed under any other tribe's job list either...odd. I'll leave it in "Special Jobs" for now.

listed under the Viera tribe

edit: sorry for double post. Forgot to edit
wtf.gif

Froyst

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll also chime in and say that yojimbo is a better translation of the class name (not only is it direct, but I think it is more accurate) but I'm sure it will get changed to samurai in the SE English translation.

Very true, since literally it translates into romaji as "yojinbou", but I play FFXI and I know it best as samurai
biggrin.gif

Yes, they probably will translate it as 'Samurai' in the NA version, though, since Americans don't really know what a "yojimbo" is (Unless they're awesome like me and know of Usagi Yojimbo), but most will know what a "Samurai" is. To me, a Samurai is a mounted warrior-general with heavy armor, while a yojimbo would be more a "cowboy of the fast east" type character (see: Samurai Champloo, Ninja Scroll, or in a more literal historical sense - the legendary Musashi) or a more "ronin"-like character.

QUOTE said:

wtf.gif

I see that, but I thought that was just the Viera's "Geomancer" (or Elemental User), I thought it was basically the same as the Geomancer for the Gria, it even appeared to have the same kanji.

warbird

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:

wtf.gif

I see that, but I thought that was just the Viera's "Geomancer" (or Elemental User), I thought it was basically the same as the Geomancer for the Gria, it even appeared to have the same kanji.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here. Viera's ???? (spirit user)?is totally different from Grias ??? (geomancer). Or do I misunderstand you?

As for Yojimbo (Youjinbou, however you wanna romanize it), I also think it is acceptable to keep it as is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER