Country
search and replace ftw
smile.gif

01torres

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
But with that way you have to make sure you don't delete the Original string version of [carriage_return]. That why I did it line by line.

zombielove

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, are you guys still working on this?

I just finished my exams today, so I've got some free time.

Anything need translating? I want to continue with the missions file I was working on, but don't want to if you can't fit the text into the game.

Just let me know what you need translated at the moment.

zombielove

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey warbird, I'm not sure if you caught this on irc or not... and I guess you already know, but ????is showing up as ??? in some of the tables.
ohmy.gif

Not sure how to fix it myself, so I thought I'd leave it up to you.
biggrin.gif

procrastix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok so i'm almost done with the monster jobs, here are the few I didn't get...

ヌーキア Tachia? Some boss has arms, etc

ユプシロン ?

モグイーター ?

ラマシュト ?

There were some I took liberties on like:

キャピトゥーン is the class for the Crypt Bunny in FFXII which is Dreamhare

For the Flans I took the FFTA names for translation

I haven't played through the whole game so I couldn't use the images as hints for translation...

Let me know if you guys think I translated something incorrectly.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok, so, two things for you Procrastix :

First, you edited an OLD FILE, with bad and almost no data inside.
So you did the exact same job that was already done on the file just aside : Table_046b1418.txt

You did your job for nothing, sorry :/

Second :
Some entries are correct, that's good.
Some are not (and those are already translated on the NEW file)

You can edit and add the names you think are best, but please for everybody else wanting to help, use the new columns files.
If nobody use the same file, we will be lost to find the most up to date datas.

For your questions :

ヌーキア : This one is Nukia, or Nuke. We will see in game and with the story which one we will use.

Dreamhare could be good. we could use it (except if Dreamhare is a special color in FF12 not matching the one in FFTA2)

For the Flan, we used it instead of Pudding to match each tables in the game.
We are working all together to see what other peoples are doing, we want all the names to have a connexion all along the game. don't hesitate to see the work done in other tables to know how to name things.

If you find enemies in game wich are not translated yet, please say which one it is in the file, so we can check it's name too.
(just look the Table_046b1418.txt)

One last thing : We decided to use in order : FF12 names, FFTA names, FFT names (as FFTA2 take place in FF12 history)

01torres

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
zombielove you said you needed something to do could help me this file http://deufeufeu.free.fr/wiki/index.php?ti...le_046e8778.txt I got 33% done already.

Ps you put the mission name in the old file move them over to the new one please. Same goes for Valyr and the quest names. Also have you seen what Deufeufeu has done to Solariz Skills in the project members section now that's funny .

procrastix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK I looked at the file and it seems there were a lot of literal translations

Here are my suggested changes:

Based on the Official English FFTA translation:
レッドマシュマロ Jelly
イエローゼリー Cream
Adamantoise instead of Adamantitan

Translation based on previous games:
フロータイボール Floateye
ブラッディボール Bloodyeye (?)

Translation based on English spelling and not French/other language:
ルーガルー Rougarou
ザッハーク Zahhak
ラフレシア Rafflesia

Official FF12 English Translation:
ニワトリス is Cluckatrice
Magick Pot instead of Magic Pot (Magick is used instead of Magic in all FF12 translations)

I suggest using Dreamhare instead of happy bunny because these are monster classes not monster names... you can see that キャピトゥーン is the class for Happy Bunny and other Hares/Bunnies in the Japanese FF12

I think "Coco bunny" sounds better due to the fact that they are brown, like cocoa

Others:
優れし者 Kind Person
ダークトート Dark Glasses (or Sunglasses, or Shades, perhaps before Al-Cid's class reveal)

zombielove

Trophies
XP
Country
Ps you put the mission name in the old file move them over to the new one please. Same goes for Valyr and the quest names. Also have you seen what Deufeufeu has done to Solariz Skills in the project members section now that's funny .

I thought we were supposed to edit the file in the right hand column, and leave the left side as the source file (unedited)....
huh.gif

I'll try helping you with that other file now.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Here are my suggested changes:

Based on the Official English FFTA translation:
???????? Jelly
??????? Cream
Adamantoise instead of Adamantitan

Translation based on previous games:
???????? Floateye
???????? Bloodyeye (?)
I'm ok for those one.
"(@Procrastix They are called Floateye in FFT)", in FFT it's called Flotiball but I didn't play FFTA.

Translation based on English spelling and not French/other language:
????? Rougarou
????? Zahhak
????? Rafflesia
Rafflesia : I don't know how it writes in English, ok then.
Zahhak, ok there weren't any name before.
But Loup Garou is French for Were wolf (Lican), and as you might notice there's a lot of French name in FFTA2. Starting with Montblanc (wich is a French mountain), many character's names and colors too. I think it should be French translated for Loup Garou as it refer to a French name in Japanese.

Official FF12 English Translation:
????? is Cluckatrice
Magick Pot instead of Magic Pot (Magick is used instead of Magic in all FF12 translations)

I suggest using Dreamhare instead of happy bunny because these are monster classes not monster names... you can see that ??????? is the class for Happy Bunny and other Hares/Bunnies in the Japanese FF12

I think "Coco bunny" sounds better due to the fact that they are brown, like cocoa
I'm ok for those names too.
(I never liked the "Magick" name, but we might use it)
For coco bunny, I didn't meet them yet. apparently you already played until you meet them to know the color, so why not.

QUOTE(procrastix @ Nov 5 2007, 12:59 AM)
Others:
???? Kind Person
?????? Dark Glasses (or Sunglasses, or Shades, perhaps before Al-Cid's class reveal)
I didn't know about that. ??? means glasses ? I'm ok with shades if it match the character's class.

I see you already edited the file.
Tell me for loup garou. I would like to keep it in french.

if we use floateye, we need to edit the Item list (there's an ability which summons a floateye)

Edit :
Do you have an idea about the Job "Ra" ?
is it really a job name ?

zombielove

Trophies
XP
Country
Double post ftw!

Has anyone played the mission called 眠れぬ森の美女?

The Japanese could be translated as "Beauty of the Sleepless Forest" or "Sleepless Beauty of the Forest".

Has anyone come across any insomniac girls or sleepless forests?

I'm going with "Beauty of the Sleepless Forest" at the moment.

procrastix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@ floatball yeah you are right! the original FFT PSX had many mistranslations (for instance, lancer instead of dragoon). This creature is called a floateye in most other FF including FFTA (what I meant). I suggest floateye is better since that's what it's commonly called. If the FFT PSP version says floatball, however, we can go with that since the PSP version is more definitive.

@ loup garou yes I agree we can keep the french (10-20% of japanese loanwords are french). However if we are limited in string size we can go with the english spelling.

@ ra no idea... there are a few others... I have to email my linguist friends in japan (too bad they are not RPG nuts, though)

Later this week I'll start looking at the other lists.

procrastix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I agree "beauty of the sleepless forest" or if we're limited on string length "sleepless forest beauties"... I would personally go with "maiden" since it sounds better

Indicible

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have confirmed a freeze in a (normally) well-patched Rom.
When you unlock a new Job, the game freezes. Tried four times the mission for Green mage, froze four times, so it's not a simple whim on my DS' part.

Nonetheless, merci, c'est du p.t..n de bon boulot!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ken they are worth it lol