XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ohnoes Grimalkin is dead!
ohmy.gif

Speaking of which, Hazey isn't banned from here yet? o.O
"plain stupidity" is not a crime
frown.gif

but hey, it would be boring without him, wouldnt it?

banning him forever would be possible if you trace the ip through the proxy (provided the proxy doesnt block tracing)

D

Deleted User

OP
As I've said before no one has to reply to his shitty talk. If you feed him you give him power !

and this what my 2 months daughter has to say about it :
camille_happy.jpg

"Don't move there's a troll right there !"

HazeyTheLazy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brosky it really is a cute baby man.

-So you are right I got what I deserved, Boo Hoo, Im crying right now and cutting my wrists too
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
wacko.gif

HazeyTheLazy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im half black so what racial slur??? Walk up to a black guy saying "Niggah" and tell him he's racist! That will go down great. S

-Chew before you swallow sam... B/ I'm Black
rofl2.gif

Missing Number

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay i hate to break up this little pittyfest monologue but i got a real Q

can someone give me a word for word tutorial on how to take the most recent (6.7 right?) and put it onto a 1, so i get both the graphics (like all the translated stats, and the "Soldier" underneath my weapon skill, so i can tell its a skill for a soldier), and the recent translations

also, am i supposed to be getting 33:118 etc. when hovering over certain towns and such ? because i'd rather the japanese then some numbers, its not like i understand either, its just that the former looks better

heres what im doing right now...

FFTA2.nds ---> Expander
FFTA2e.nds + ffa2-eng-0.1.ppf (via - PPF-o-matic3.exe)

then

main.py ........... CRASH (if the target is the newly patched FFTA2e.nds)
main.py ........... FFTA2 Editor (takes forever to update btw but thats irrelevant)
FFTA2 Editor ---> Settings "Path to Original Rom" changed to "FFTA2e.nds
Generate Patched Rom --- "Select Tables with Translated Text" (not sure if thats the right one, but it looks like it is so i've been using it)

done

load up.....

no graphics, and the afformentioned 33:118 etc. when looking at certain things.....

im not sure if i explained it well enough, but what am i doing wrong? or what should i be doing instead?

Jac834

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

can someone give me a word for word tutorial on how to take the most recent (6.7 right?) and put it onto a 1, so i get both the graphics (like all the translated stats, and the "Soldier" underneath my weapon skill, so i can tell its a skill for a soldier), and the recent translations

also, am i supposed to be getting 33:118 etc. when hovering over certain towns and such ? because i'd rather the japanese then some numbers, its not like i understand either, its just that the former looks better

FFTA2.nds ---> Expander

then

main.py ........... FFTA2 Editor (takes forever to update btw but thats irrelevant)
Generate Patched Rom --- "Select Tables with Translated Text" (not sure if thats the right one, but it looks like it is so i've been using it)

done

load up.....

no graphics, and the afformentioned 33:118 etc. when looking at certain things.....

im not sure if i explained it well enough, but what am i doing wrong? or what should i be doing instead?
First of all, I don't think that the expander is required for 0.1 (and someone correct me if I'm wrong). Second, I believe that the numbers are supposed to be there...I have the same thing happen to me.

Solariz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
First of all, I don't think that the expander is required for 0.1 (and someone correct me if I'm wrong). Second, I believe that the numbers are supposed to be there...I have the same thing happen to me.
That's right! NO EXPANDER on 0.1 !
Just patch the clean rom with ffa2-eng-0.1.ppf (PPF-o-matic3) and choose it as original rom in the editor.

33:118 refers to untranslated strings (tableID:stringID) so it's totally ok, too

D

Deleted User

OP

FFTA2.nds ---> Expander

then

done

load up.....

as rightly said by jac and solariz no expander needed for 0.1.
to patch you are better off selecting "All tables". The stamps are there because 1) you can track easily sentences to translate and you know it's still a translation tool.... 2) with the compression method you can't see japanese text anymore, so it's either this or some scrambled text with no meaning and that could lead to crashes of the game.
I have to say that all this infos are in this topic or in the wiki. If you want to ask this question, I'll be happy to help you but it's better if you go on #ffta2-trans on EFNET. This topic has really too much stuff for nothing...

Requisite

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm...
With the latest release, I get an error that tells me to look at the log file.
The log file says:
CODETraceback (most recent call last):
ÂFile "main.py", line 1481, in
ÂFile "wx\_core.pyo", line 7823, in __init__
ÂFile "wx\_core.pyo", line 7420, in _BootstrapApp
ÂFile "main.py", line 1437, in OnInit
ÂFile "main.py", line 1304, in load_rom
ÂFile "nds.pyo", line 273, in __init__
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'C:\\Documents and Settings\\Administrator\\Desktop\\SLOT\\ffa2.nds'
Traceback (most recent call last):
ÂFile "main.py", line 1401, in OnInit
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'SetLabel'
Traceback (most recent call last):
ÂFile "main.py", line 1437, in OnInit
ÂFile "main.py", line 1304, in load_rom
ÂFile "nds.pyo", line 273, in __init__
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'C:\\Documents and Settings\\Administrator\\Desktop\\SLOT\\ffa2.nds'

I think it is because I have vista, and have no Documents and Settings folder.

2wirends

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
change it in the

editor.cfg file to "=none" for original and patched

or you can make the exact path with the .nds with the same name in that folder, assuming vista still has a C drive and everything (i dont have vista)

D

Deleted User

OP
change it in the

editor.cfg file to "=none" for original and patched

or you can make the exact path with the .nds with the same name in that folder, assuming vista still has a C drive and everything (i dont have vista)
it's None with a capital N. You can also redownload the binary because it's fixed.

Kira Yamato

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
@Fateastray... I was COMPLIMENTING Deufeufeu!

Ohh yeah Fateastray - Asi que usted dice cabras que peruanas hacen mas sentido que yo? Hagale habla aun espanol porque PUEDO realmente, asi que no odio en mi mi amigo perezoso de eyed.
-Do you actually speak spanish? Well I speak fluent spanish and english... and 'baby japanese'

What? I wasn't refering to only your latter post in this topic.
I don't speak a word of spanish, what gave you that idea? O_O
If your english is so good, why not show it?

I speak fluent Dutch, English, almost fluent German, French, A little Indonesian and Japanese and some minor Mandarin. I was just saying, for a native english speaker, your english is plain awful.

The degrading intent of your binary post smelled so bad, everyone who read it, knew it was not intentionally a compliment.

Can't you feel, your presence is unwanted in this topic? Why can't you just leave? And let the developers get along with their project.

Not wanting to be mean but if thats talking spanish fluently... even while my main language is spanish i cant understand what u wanted to say at all ._.

HazeyTheLazy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You prolly cant understand it b/ i cant make the special "I" and "N" that is in the spanish alphabet, If you cannot read past that nobody taught you spanish very well OR you ar a 'PR'...
-If you are a PR sorry i dont say stuff like "Roofo" b/ i say "techo"

Kira Yamato

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
You prolly cant understand it b/ i cant make the special "I" and "N" that is in the spanish alphabet, If you cannot read past that nobody taught you spanish very well OR you ar a 'PR'...
-If you are a PR sorry i dont say stuff like "Roofo" b/ i say "techo"

Is not that... actually im chilean and my native language is spanish ^^; translating word by word (because i cant get a context because is like u had translated something literally) is this:

So you say cabras that "peru womans" do more sense than I? (not make more sense) do speak still spanish because can really, so i dont hate in my my lazy friend eyed

thats trying to get most of the context but it has lots of mistakes... it would be more like

Asi que dice cabras que las peruanas tienen mas sentido que yo? (i dont know what u mean with Hagale habla aun español) porque yo realmente puedo, asi que entienda que yo no odio a mi perezoso amigo eyed

and i dont know whats a PR btw ^^;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHNH5pnioQk