ROM Hack FFTA2 Redesigned

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FYI: The original level cap was level 99, so enemy stats will not increase as much because their levels will never reach level 99, did I get this right or wrong?

Also, do you obtain certain level based character specific skills much sooner than normal now?

One more Question: if the enemies can't use resurrection items, can we still use them?

(maybe give us the option to restore the level cap to 99, most hard mods usually try to increase the max level, first time honestly that I've heard of a hard mode lowering the level cap)

Raffel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Also, do you obtain certain level based character specific skills much sooner than normal now?

Yes.

One more Question: if the enemies can't use resurrection items, can we still use them?

No.

FYI: The original level cap was level 99, so enemy stats will not increase as much because their levels will never reach level 99, did I get this right or wrong?
(maybe give us the option to restore the level cap to 99, most hard mods usually try to increase the max level, first time honestly that I've heard of a hard mode lowering the level cap)

No, Enemy stats are much highter in my hack than in the original FFTA2. To give you an idea, some monters have more attack in my FFTA2 Redesigned at level 50 than at level 99 in the original FFTA2.

I lowered the stat cap because the damage doned become crazy at high levels. You can deduct it studying the damage formulas. At high levels every unit do very low % of damage, there are any difference between using a lv1 spell or lv3 spell and wizards became very weak.

Last edited by Raffel,

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So in short without the fix, the player's units become seriously overpowered, and the monster's defense at higher levels removes the viability of magic. (Sounds like the formula all the old nes and snes final fantasy games used, with the exception of the "flare and ultima" spells avoiding enemy magic defense, so you could at least used them tactically ... ... ... ... I believe even though that was the case, they had some serious balancing issues).

The Original Super Mario RPG for snes, had a level cap of 30 ... there's wasn't much grinding or anything needed or strategy for that matter. I suppose 50 Levels is a plus by those standards.

(Still rather have the option for 99 Level Max, or the resurrection items back or a appropriate substitute like weapon modifiers, or more of them)

I spent about 30 hours in the first game, on the gba before it got bland, about 10 hours in this one before it go bland. So the mod is a big improvement over the original for starters!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So salty