Hacking Feather M0 Express?

mixelpixx

hardware monkey
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do see threads for other similar devices. I'm wondering if there is a place I should be looking for pre built packages for this device? Or do I need to edit myself? Have just now acquired a Switch @ 4.0.1, so I am going to run a wire inside unit for pin10 on USB-C for grounding, and entering RCM on Switch.

On first load what are we installing? What is first package installed to the Switch? I should have to ONLY do the pin10 to GND enter RCM Mode once if I'm going to have dual-boot CFW/OFW option?

And I see stay away from 6.xFW Update.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• feather-bitch.jpg
    feather-bitch.jpg
    648.2 KB · Views: 400

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I do see threads for other similar devices. I'm wondering if there is a place I should be looking for pre built packages for this device? Or do I need to edit myself? Have just now acquired a Switch @ 4.0.1, so I am going to run a wire inside unit for pin10 on USB-C for grounding, and entering RCM on Switch.

On first load what are we installing? What is first package installed to the Switch? I should have to ONLY do the pin10 to GND enter RCM Mode once if I'm going to have dual-boot CFW/OFW option?

And I see stay away from 6.xFW Update.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
I can certainly add support for it. 10 minute job to whip up a bootloader and files.

Never owned one. Will it fit inside OK?

Reactions: mixelpixx

mixelpixx

hardware monkey
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yep it fits. just barely. I appreciate your help. picked it up because I want to obviously install on my switch, but with the extra pins:

SPI pins (MISO, MOSI, SCK) The pins labeled MISO, MOSI, and SCK are for synchronous serial communication using the SPI protocol. They control the SD card. You shouldn't use them for other inputs or outputs.

I saw another thread with peeps playing with NANDs, I wish I knew the site that is selling the adapters/connectors to fit the Switch NAND connector. I don't see why have dual NANds isn't possible, need a board with both nands on it, and use the trinket (etc) to switch power on an off to one or the other. Done at boot, when we select CFW / OFW -- they should be on separate chips in my opinion. Larger up to 1TB is possible, and it would be interesting to find drop-in replacements for RAM as well.

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yep it fits. just barely. I appreciate your help. picked it up because I want to obviously install on my switch, but with the extra pins:

SPI pins (MISO, MOSI, SCK) The pins labeled MISO, MOSI, and SCK are for synchronous serial communication using the SPI protocol. They control the SD card. You shouldn't use them for other inputs or outputs.

I saw another thread with peeps playing with NANDs, I wish I knew the site that is selling the adapters/connectors to fit the Switch NAND connector. I don't see why have dual NANds isn't possible, need a board with both nands on it, and use the trinket (etc) to switch power on an off to one or the other. Done at boot, when we select CFW / OFW -- they should be on separate chips in my opinion. Larger up to 1TB is possible, and it would be interesting to find drop-in replacements for RAM as well.
The pinouts will be the same almost as the itsybitsy. All files made but I'm out at the moment taking young son to see Santa.

Will sort tonight

Reactions: mixelpixx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.