ROM Hack FE Fates USA: Custom Playable Characters DLC

Derlohgocker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'll probably end up getting a PAL copy just for the Spanish translation, you'd have to wait until that, and any actual DLC releases for the PAL version.
That really nice to hear :D i can wait haha but in the future it will be nice to have all character in the EU version too

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I'm getting this error when trying to install either EnglishV3 or EnglishV4 from the dropbox links through BigBlue:
Import failed. File:
EnglishV4.cia/EnglishV3.cia
This cia is invalid. (0xD8E08027)

What do I do? It was working last night. I deleted V3 to install V4 and now neither work.

That's bizarre, what region is your 3DS?

Install has never failed for me, which version of the DLC are you trying to install?

English or Undub?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's bizarre, what region is your 3DS?

Install has never failed for me, which version of the DLC are you trying to install?

English or Undub?

It's a USA n3DSXL with ReiNAND CFW. I was trying to install the English versions of the DLC. I even tried using the ones on SerenesForest but no dice. From what I've read, it may be my SD card.

EDIT: I figured out my problem. I only deleted the extdata and not the DLC from the DLC menu in System Settings. I deleted everything and basically started over with Fates and it ended up working. :)

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

Pichi-Hime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to downgrade my 3DS to install CFW, but after I tried to install Menuhax, I can't launch the homebrew launcher anymore through OoT hacks or BrowserHax? It crashes to the home screen and tells me an error occurred and I need to save before resetting. Any idea how to fix it?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do have a question on the characters. Why does Chrom gain more experience than Lissa? Lissa, for me, gains like 1 EXP while Chrom gains way more than that. Is it because Lissa's Cleric class is based on the War Cleric class from Awakening and Chrom's is the normal Lord class? Lissa is like Camilla, imo, with her experience gains.

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do have a question on the characters. Why does Chrom gain more experience than Lissa? Lissa, for me, gains like 1 EXP while Chrom gains way more than that. Is it because Lissa's Cleric class is based on the War Cleric class from Awakening and Chrom's is the normal Lord class? Lissa is like Camilla, imo, with her experience gains.
Internal level for them is probably different. I think Lissa's class counts as an advance class while Chrom's is a special one.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Internal level for them is probably different. I think Lissa's class counts as an advance class while Chrom's is a special one.
I see. I was wondering if that was the case. Would fixing the internal level in FEFTwiddler fix it? I really want to use Lissa but the fact that she only gains so few EXP is killing me.

Omegablu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see. I was wondering if that was the case. Would fixing the internal level in FEFTwiddler fix it? I really want to use Lissa but the fact that she only gains so few EXP is killing me.
If internal level is the problem, then yes FEFTwiddler can fix it with the internal level option.

Reactions: KunoichiZ

Omegablu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can confirm that changing the internal level in FEFTwiddler did fix Lissa's EXP gain. Thanks for the tip!
Yeah, I had that issue with a Castle Lillith I made once. She was originally a Camilla so she had an internal level that was not 0 and gained experience VERY slowly.

Reactions: KunoichiZ

Pokéfan Kieran

Trophies
XP
Country
So gathering from testing I did and what others have said I think there's a few surprising things

1:the Personal skills for the characters will NOT ban. Very surprised by this.
2:In online battles you will crash if you attack with a garon/sumeragi/mikoto and you are on the enemy/red team.
I'll still be testing this out but this is what I'm surprised by. Not 100% sure.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to downgrade my 3DS to install CFW, but after I tried to install Menuhax, I can't launch the homebrew launcher anymore through OoT hacks or BrowserHax? It crashes to the home screen and tells me an error occurred and I need to save before resetting. Any idea how to fix it?
Thats actually a bad sign its like menuhax corrupts home menu making homebrew useless to even load up. Had this problem with my New3DS and ended up having to pay a hardmodder to install CFW for me. I'd say the only way to fix that is by updating but that would just ruin your chances to install CFW all together

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Small update, I wanted to add the voices to the Cipher Characters, add boss battle BGMs when your units get battled online and make a nice script for selecting units on the DLC, sadly these things are not going as intended so have this small update for now while I get these things working.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Wooo! I don't have to surrender 50% of the time now!
I found out what the issue was.

All important boss characters have a BGM assigned to them, mine had a BGM assigned to them but it seems to not be working for now, which is why it was crashing if they were red side, since that's the only way the BGM triggers.

Pokéfan Kieran

Trophies
XP
Country
I found out what the issue was.

All important boss characters have a BGM assigned to them, mine had a BGM assigned to them but it seems to not be working for now, which is why it was crashing if they were red side, since that's the only way the BGM triggers.
Hm... I seem to have fucked up. I forgot to delete the already installed DLC and now when I shut a menu it crashes. Would deleting and reinstalling work?

Omegablu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it quite funny. You want to BACK OUT of a menu? Fuck you!

And it didn't work... Dammit

No idea what to do.
Crashes when exiting a menu is caused by having custom doc characters in your save without the appropriate extra data. Just rerun all custom dlc entries you've used.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!