Feedback HELP - Importing extra data for Dead or Alive Dimensions DLC costumes

Chickenhat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,
I have been struggling with this for more than a day now and I need some help.
I found and downloaded the Dead Or Alive Dimensions Spotpass DLC costumes and I tried installing them to no avail.
Here is what I have tried so far:
  • I have StreetPass and the "Costumes" option enabled in the game's Options menu.
  • I have played the game and have extra data and a save file created
  • I have tried using JKSM and Checkpoint to restore the extra data (first backing up my extra data and then restoring it using both applications)
  • I have tried deleting and recreating new extra data before trying to import the DLC (once for Checkpoint and once for JKSM)
When I go into the System Menu's Extra Data section it shows that there is Extra data for that title more than just a few blocks (150+ blocks) and when I check the files on my SD Card in:

Drive Letter:\Nintendo 3DS\Unique Number\Unique Number\extdata\00000000\0000038a\00000000 it shows 70 files total (68 costume files and 2 other ones which I saw most other Software listed with extra data have) The number of costume files matches the number from the archive I downloaded. When I try to restore the DLC using both mentioned applications I get no errors and it tells me that everything went smoothly. I checked the Extra data section of the game in FBI and it lists them there as well. But when I launch the game I get no notification that new costumes have been added and when I check in the character selection screen no DLC costumes appear there what so ever.

I know that I'm doing something wrong, but I can't seem to figure it out.

Some helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box]... +1