FCE Ultra GX 2.08 Error

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by JoeyGennaro, Jan 3, 2009.

Jan 3, 2009

FCE Ultra GX 2.08 Error by JoeyGennaro at 7:53 PM (1,785 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. JoeyGennaro
    OP

Member JoeyGennaro GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hello all I am currently trying to get FCE Ultra GX 2.08 to load up on the Homebrew Channel and it will NOT LOAD. It gives a very strange error once you attempt to load it "Exception (ISI) occurred!"

Is there nay way I can get this to work? Does anybody have any ideas? Even if it is in the form of an emulator channel I don't care so long as I get it to work...pleeeeaassseee helpppp!!!

2. JoeyGennaro
    OP

United States
    Comeon folks!!! Please HELP I could really use some help here - I even just installed the NES Emulator Channel 2.07 and it gives the exact same error after loading - does anybody have any idea of what I need to do to get it to load? PLEASSSE HELP!!

3. JoeyGennaro
    OP

United States
    BUMP !!!!

Some help here would seriously be appreciated!!!

4. JoeyGennaro
    OP

United States
    It's the AUTHOR of FCEUltra who is at fault completely. I tried FCEUltra 2.0.3c and it works flawlessly - any version BEYOND that will NOT WORK for ANYBODY. If you HAVE gotten it to load please post how you have done that - but it is obviously an error on the creators part who screwed up the latest updates.

5. JoeyGennaro
    OP

United States
    Did this topic interest nobody? I'm the only person who replied to myself here. No interest in Wii emulation whatsoever? Strange.

6. WiiBlaster

Member WiiBlaster GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Some of the newest NES Emu requires a CIOS installed to work recommend CIOS Rev7 because they have support for bigger SD Cards, Could've been your prob

7. fhy

Newcomer fhy Member

France
    those who got the ISI exception error, can you try something? Try waiting for 20' in the homebrew channel before launching the emulator. I've tried it 3-4 times and for the moment, no errors.

8. DuskLord

Newcomer DuskLord Member

Finland
    I've started having problems with FCEU when I last updated it a few days ago, gives that same ISI error. Gotta try the waiting method later on, I guess.

9. lolorlofl

Newcomer lolorlofl Advanced Member

Canada
    Have you tried plugging out your Gamecube controllers and memory cards?

10. DuskLord

Newcomer DuskLord Member

Finland
    It doesn't happen everytime, but randomly, so I'm guessing that's not the issue here. Could try that as well today when I get the time for it.

11. Jacobeian

Member Jacobeian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Cuba

this is misinformation, I've got no CIOS installed and the last versions works like a charm fo me
    and CIOS has nothing to do with SD Cards [​IMG]
    it's true that you either require CIOS or DVDX to get DVD-R ROM loading but if you use only SD to load ROMS, you don't need them installed

the ISI exception error seems to be a known bug in the last release, check here

it's a bug, nobody here can help you, only the developper can

12. fhy

Newcomer fhy Member

France
    did you try since? I'm curious about this thing, and if my attempt to just wait some 20' before loading is real or placebo. I don't really dare posting in the Google Code bugtraker, I'm no developer

BTW I've tried with and without gamecube controller, and plugging/unplugging it at various moments, no differences. I also tried with and without WIFI settings, nothing. Then I noticed the small Wifi icon on right corner in HBC blinking, I tried to wait until it finished blinking, and I tried to wait a little longer and I think it did the trick. But I wonder if it's really that, so I wish some other people could try too.

13. DuskLord

Newcomer DuskLord Member

Finland
    Well I've played with the emulator for a few times after posting here - and I haven't had the issue any longer. I wonder why & if it will return some day. I didn't change anything on my Wii to "fix" the issue.