Hacking FAQ: How do I get Download Play to work?

outphase

Custom title
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Before I answer this, let me say that while not all cases require this, an overwhelming majority does. 90% of all "not working" cases can be resolved with this, 9% are fixed by removing Soft Reset and 1% won't work. I will not speak for the cards I haven't used because that is how misleading information is presented. I can speak for the cards I have used (M3 CF/SD and G6 Lite).

If you are unable to play Download Play games when sending from your flashcart, your receiving DS must be flashed. The sending DS can be flashed or not, it doesn't matter. I repeat, the receiving DS must be flashed.

A passcard/superkey in the DS slot will not affect download play, how could it? If you plan on asking if having a passcard3 instead of flashme will work in the receiver, the answer is no.

There have been reports about EZ4/SC maybe working with specific games, but your best bet is to just flash the receiving DS.

corbs132

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, i have found this to be correct in my experience. but sometimes flashed ds's wont play with normal ds's... so my friends wont let me flash theirs

outphase

Custom title
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't believe I've ever had that problem... I forgot my M3 at home one day and wanted to play Tetris with a friend who bought the game. It worked perfectly fine for me.

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried to get a research thing going for flashed ds'es with download play and stuff.. but it never got off the ground cause no one wants to help...
frown.gif

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=35252

wabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Stick this thread please, there is so much misleading information on that recently it's mind boggling. outphase clearly stated the real deal here, hopefully, it will stop the countless thread about download play.

dimm0k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's only come up because there's been mention that the freezing problem is because of an unclean ROM and that it's possible on an unflashed DS... but I guess this puts it to rest.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've had issues sending single card multiplayer games from a Passme2 DS Lite to a Flashme'd Original DS. For example, I just tried with Clubhouse Games and it seems to send fine, the Nintendo logo comes up in black on the receiving DS, and then I get two whitescreens. Anyone have any explanation for this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries