FAQ: How do I get Download Play to work?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by outphase, Aug 9, 2006.

Aug 9, 2006
  1. outphase
    OP

Member outphase Custom title

United States
    Before I answer this, let me say that while not all cases require this, an overwhelming majority does. 90% of all "not working" cases can be resolved with this, 9% are fixed by removing Soft Reset and 1% won't work. I will not speak for the cards I haven't used because that is how misleading information is presented. I can speak for the cards I have used (M3 CF/SD and G6 Lite).

If you are unable to play Download Play games when sending from your flashcart, your receiving DS must be flashed. The sending DS can be flashed or not, it doesn't matter. I repeat, the receiving DS must be flashed.

A passcard/superkey in the DS slot will not affect download play, how could it? If you plan on asking if having a passcard3 instead of flashme will work in the receiver, the answer is no.

There have been reports about EZ4/SC maybe working with specific games, but your best bet is to just flash the receiving DS.

2. corbs132

Member corbs132 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    yeah, i have found this to be correct in my experience. but sometimes flashed ds's wont play with normal ds's... so my friends wont let me flash theirs

3. outphase
    OP

United States
    flashed DSes do in fact work with unflashed DSes in multicard play if that's what you're referring to

4. corbs132

Member corbs132 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    no i mean unflashed ds sends single to flashed and flashed wont accept it

5. outphase
    OP

United States
    I don't believe I've ever had that problem... I forgot my M3 at home one day and wanted to play Tetris with a friend who bought the game. It worked perfectly fine for me.

6. Orc

Member Orc ‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Hong Kong
    Yup, flashed DS work on download play too from a legit cart on an unflashed DS.
    EDIT: Just tested this on Jump Superstars cart on unflashed DS --> Flashed DS.

7. nintendofreak

Member nintendofreak Around. Shoot me a PM.

United States
  8. wabo

Member wabo GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Stick this thread please, there is so much misleading information on that recently it's mind boggling. outphase clearly stated the real deal here, hopefully, it will stop the countless thread about download play.

9. hey_suburbia

Member hey_suburbia Do The Lizard Bop

United States
    Agreed, this post should be sticky.

It should also point you to a FAQ about "Flashing"

10. outphase
    OP

United States
    1 month bump... this question is still coming up

11. dimm0k

Newcomer dimm0k Newbie

United States
    It's only come up because there's been mention that the freezing problem is because of an unclean ROM and that it's possible on an unflashed DS... but I guess this puts it to rest.

12. jhoff80

Member jhoff80 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I've had issues sending single card multiplayer games from a Passme2 DS Lite to a Flashme'd Original DS. For example, I just tried with Clubhouse Games and it seems to send fine, the Nintendo logo comes up in black on the receiving DS, and then I get two whitescreens. Anyone have any explanation for this?