Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
wii 3.3 menu
homebrew channel
cios rev 7
dont know what ios' i have and do not have. (maybe this is my problem?)
burning using nero 8xspeed or imgburn 2xspeed (never had any problems with bad burns)
media - verbatim dvd-r

cant get shaun white snowboarding - tenchu shadow assassins and family ski to work.
all my other backups work just fine.
the error i get is this:

'an error has occurred, press eject button, remove the game disc and turn off the power'

i have searched for help in other posts but cant find any please help me or re-direct me to a helpful guide.

lostdwarf

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
please can somebody help, i know its not a major problem but my niece really wants to play family ski and shaun white (she likes snow) and i cant let her have the original disc because she bends them (no matter how often you tell her not to so backups all the way for me)

soopa

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
try installing ciosrev9 or rev 10 see if that helps
other question is what region are they maybe try loading the backuplaucher and force your region in the config options

lostdwarf

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
have tried forcing region and all config options including rebooting with hooks but no luck. they work on my other wii that has cios rev9 and sys menu 4.0. should i do the update on this aswell? whats the safest guide?

square_one

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lostdwarf said:
please can somebody help, i know its not a major problem but my niece really wants to play family ski and shaun white (she likes snow) and i cant let her have the original disc because she bends them (no matter how often you tell her not to so backups all the way for me)

how exactly is she bending them if the discs are in the wii? strong kid.
biggrin.gif

lostdwarf

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
she likes to play with any cds/dvds and uses them as mirrors and just bends em and anything.
also she is incredibly strong so the wii gets bent too... lol
no she will press eject when noone is watching and take them to her room to play.
stupid kid really, but thats my brothers fault ha.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
genius said:
what now .. a IOS or a cIOS problem ...

once I had a simliar problem thats because I'd like to know ...
Geni

I already answered that:
QUOTE(WiiPower @ May 27 2009, 01:01 PM) The problem was that the rev6 cIOS was installed and not the rev7 as he said. And no he did not tell me that.

lostdwarf

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
genius said:
what now .. a IOS or a cIOS problem ...

once I had a simliar problem thats because I'd like to know ...
Geni

I already answered that:
QUOTE(WiiPower @ May 27 2009, 01:01 PM) The problem was that the rev6 cIOS was installed and not the rev7 as he said. And no he did not tell me that.

no the problem was not that at all.
had cios rev 7 - no luck
then installed rev 9 - no luck
then installed rev 10 - no luck
then i downloaded anytitledeleter, noted what ios were present and then downloaded and installed all the missing ios files with wad manager - works a treat.

never ever had cios rev 6, sorry.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Do you have a modchip? If yes, how do you expect somebody could help you when you don't mention it, while you mention the installed cIOS? A cIOS DOES NOT HAVE ANYTHING to do with launching games for modchip people playing games from the disc channel.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
When I got that error, was because of the crappy media I was using (althought it was verbatim, it was the indian and the bad taiwanese ones), so I switched to Sony (ID D21) and not have a problem since then at all, burning all of my games at 16X while browsing at GBATemp and use iTunes and......no, no problem at all, missing IOS don't bring that message out, missing IOS just give you a black screen...!!
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY