Tigermean74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I really need some help please with SXOS...and yes I am planning to switch to Atmosphere as I now have a second micro SD card but would also like to still keep my other SD card and run SXOS now and then...and also with the hope there will be an update for SXOS one day! ;-)

Ok, so here goes and apologies if this is long winded. Many years ago when I went down the route of SXOS I followed all the guides/tutorials meticulously and created a NAND of my switch before doing anything and I think the switch was on version 9.0 (sysnand) I then created an Emunand as a hidden partition on the micro sd card with SXOS ver 2.9.2 at the time and updated the CFW with choidujour and now currently on SXOS 3.1.0 with CFW 11.0.0. I never created a backup of the Emunand itself (I know, rookie mistake!)

A few months ago I started getting an error on the switch - Error Code : 2002-3999. I read about this and it stated it could be the SD card or the SD card reader so I replaced the SD card reader and it seemed to work for a day but the error has come back so i'm in the process of replacing the SD card but having a nightmare! I have tried many different things as suggested but nothing has worked so far. I I tried to use Hekate to backup the old sd card BOOT0, BOOT1 and the Rawnand (emuMMC) but it gives me a file or partition not found so that didn't work (I even tried the "Fix Raw" as suggested but this was greyed out and also noticed that the partition was "disabled", I also tried using NXNandManager but didn't work either, I even tried another guide with HDD raw tool but couldn't get the rest of the unallocated partition to expand. Lastly, with all the plugging in and unplugging of the micro SD card in my pc, a message came up saying there was a problem with this disk and to click on it to scan and repair, so I accidentally clicked on it and it scanned and repaired the original micro sd card with my original Emunand, I really think since that happened it screwed up my Emunand as I now get the error above more often now. is this possible? and how can I revert back or repair it if possible?

So my question is, I only have the NAND backup and don't have a backup of the Emunand, I was hoping to use my NAND somehow to restore then update the CFW back to 11.0.0 but I have burnt e-fuses along the way so not sure that would work either.

So can someone please point me in the right direction and tell me if this is possible to get my CFW working again on my new 512gb micro sd card please?

I think that's it for now!

Thank you in advance

Tigermean74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you don't have a SX OS hidden Emuand on a sd card already, you probably not able to make one on firmware 11.0.0 or below.
Not sure I understand, my original sd card does have the SXOS hidden emunand already unless i'm reading you wrong.

Could the BOOT0 and BOOT1 be corrupt? Can I repair or replace these?

Tigermean74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does that SD card SX OS Emunand boot?
To a certain extent. It does boot but then it comes up with this error, it has been happening more often lately....However, won't you just know it, I just booted into it and it's been stable for the last 5 or so minutes! Typical eh?? ha ha

20220825_222208.jpg

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To a certain extent. It does boot but then it comes up with this error, it has been happening more often lately....However, won't you just know it, I just booted into it and it's been stable for the last 5 or so minutes! Typical eh?? ha ha

View attachment 338309

Well doesn't looks like you have a working one that you can move to a larger card if that was what you were intending to do with dual hidden emunand.

Tigermean74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well doesn't looks like you have a working one that you can move to a larger card if that was what you were intending to do with dual hidden emunand.
Well...I should have also mentioned, about 6 or 7 months ago my little boy accidentally dropped the sd card into the toilet (clean water by the way :-). I dried it out for a few days in rice and it has been working ok so far until now so I bought a new bigger sd card to transfer everything over but having great difficulty in doing so. So just wanted some help in doing this as I've tried every method so far and still can't...as I mentioned above - Hekate, nxnandmanager etc... But I also thought I made things worse with the original emunand as this error is popping up more often now

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well...I should have also mentioned, about 6 or 7 months ago my little boy accidentally dropped the sd card into the toilet (clean water by the way :-). I dried it out for a few days in rice and it has been working ok so far until now so I bought a new bigger sd card to transfer everything over but having great difficulty in doing so. So just wanted some help in doing this as I've tried every method so far and still can't...as I mentioned above - Hekate, nxnandmanager etc... But I also thought I made things worse with the original emunand as this error is popping up more often now
That's because Micro SD cards are waterproof. You don't need to place it in rice for it to dry, you can just dry it off like normal and it will work just fine.

If you want to know how to setup Hekake, follow this guide here: https://switch.homebrew.guide/usingcfw/hekate
Post automatically merged:

I also don't know why you would want to use SXOS as that project hasn't been up-to-date for over 2 years, after the team behind it got arrested.

Reactions: Hayato213

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

And you have no NAND backup for lower firmware? I afraid your sysnand won't even boot into 11.0.0 or below even if you have a NAND backup since you burn the fuse.

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And you have no NAND backup for lower firmware? I afraid your sysnand won't even boot into 11.0.0 or below even if you have a NAND backup since you burn the fuse.
You will need to update your EmuNAND to the latest firmware, otherwise as mentioned you'll burn one of the e-fuses.

Tigermean74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's because Micro SD cards are waterproof. You don't need to place it in rice for it to dry, you can just dry it off like normal and it will work just fine.

If you want to know how to setup Hekake, follow this guide here: https://switch.homebrew.guide/usingcfw/hekate

I also don't know why you would want to use SXOS as that project hasn't been up-to-date for over 2 years, after the team behind it got arrested.
Yeah, I was holding out like so many people hoping there will be an update. Plus I always liked running my xci files straight from the sd card as opposed to installing all my games with atmosphere as it takes up more space

Yes, I have a NAND backup but that would have been when the sysnand was on ver 9.0.0 or thereabouts

I also did manage to backup my original sd card emunand using the SXOS hidden Emunand backup tool and I got a Boot0, Boot 1 and a Rawnand.bin file but I dont' know how to restore it to my new sd card. Anyone have any ideas please?

Got this here:

Last edited by Tigermean74,
Reactions: SylverReZ

Tigermean74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Update: Ok, so I managed to use NxNandManager and restored the files from the backup using the above method with SXOS hidden emunand backup tool and it worked! :-)

However....I played the switch for a couple of hours and no crashes, I left it sitting for another hour and again no crashes so I thought great!! problem solved....until I picked it up and put it on the table and got the error code again! 2002-3999.

I think it happens when the switch gets a bit of a knock, has anyone else experienced this before? I replaced the SD card reader and i'm using a brand new SD Card Sandisk, could it be the pins on the board where the card reader attaches to?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Welp I'm off to best buy because I figured out how to shove another 14tb hard drive in this server 😂