taking it to a whole new level.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I believe there is no general Fallout 3 thread, so this will be one:)

I'm just curious, been playing it for a few hours already and I have no idea what's the point of the game (never played a rpg like this).
and anyone have a guide on the pipboy, the abbreviations make no sense.

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
phoood said:
I believe there is no general Fallout 3 thread, so this will be one:)

I'm just curious, been playing it for a few hours already and I have no idea what's the point of the game (never played a rpg like this).
and anyone have a guide on the pipboy, the abbreviations make no sense.
I haven't played it yet, but if it's anything like oblivion you just wonder around and talk to people to get quests.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea its pretty much oblivion with guns and a few extra features thrown in
its free roam, its not linear, you can do what ever the hell you want basically, play a couple hundred hours just exploring and doing side quests without even touching the main quest line

go on a killing and looting rampage ect...
its all up to you

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
its free roam, its not linear, you can do what ever the hell you want basically, play a couple hundred hours just exploring and doing side quests without even touching the main quest line

its all up to you
Everyone says Oblivion With Guns anymore.
rolleyes.gif

Funny how very few of those people actually played the original Fallouts, which was Diablo On Earth...In the (Bad) Future!

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doomsday Forte said:
Joe88 said:

its all up to you
Everyone says Oblivion With Guns anymore.
rolleyes.gif

Funny how very few of those people actually played the original Fallouts, which was Diablo On Earth...In the (Bad) Future!
now its been made to that

it didnt used to be like that but now it is, which is a good thing

Rehehelly

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm looking forward to it, watching a few of the videos and what people have said it sounds alright. Never played a Fallout though so, meh. Not played oblivion either (swinging around a mace doesn't appeal to me, unless it's fable.)

So, I gotta save. Fable, Fallout 3, Dead Space.

BigX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Oblivion With Guns anymore
BLASPHEMY

I played the other fallout games (and even "wasteland" back on C64!)
I am looking forward for the official release and already pre ordered this game.
So if you don't like this game...simply don't play it but do not flame about it...Fallout allways is worth testing.

(I'll come back and revert my oppinion if part 3 is not as the earlier games...)

LordWill072284

Trophies
Website
www.bakerenterprises.ca
XP
Country
Canada
hey guys, yeh was interested in this thread, did a lil search, i'm bout level 9 now, and now just leaving "rivotville". some friends of mine have the tenpenny achievement, and was wondering i did the "good version" of the power of atom quest, and so i didn't get the room over that the hotel, any way you can still get that achievement? also, tried to wander the plains and find that hotel, no idea where it's at lol. if someone could provide a pic of where the tenpenny motel is, it'd be great
wink.gif
thanks

gaboumafou

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,

After almost 10 hours of doing the sidequests and wandering around, I finally started the "main" quest. I am now searching for the "Galaxy Radio" building, and I can't find it... On the map, it look like I'm just beside it, but all the ways to this place seems to be blocked by rocks and scraps... Is there a special way to go to that building (I don't remmember its name...)?

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
I already made my pre order, between this one and Fable II I'll spend Halloween playing either in Albion or in Post Apocalyptic DC

darkpaladinmfc

Trophies
XP
Country
gaboumafou said:
Hello,

After almost 10 hours of doing the sidequests and wandering around, I finally started the "main" quest. I am now searching for the "Galaxy Radio" building, and I can't find it... On the map, it look like I'm just beside it, but all the ways to this place seems to be blocked by rocks and scraps... Is there a special way to go to that building (I don't remmember its name...)?
You have to go round through the ruins.

darkpaladinmfc

Trophies
XP
Country
gaboumafou said:
Could you be a little more specific? I've been searching for an entrance for hours, it's driving me crazy...
frown.gif
If you take a pic of your local map where you are maybe I could draw a route on Paint or something?

gaboumafou

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I can't find a map on Google, and don't have a camera right now to take a picture. But why am I the only one who can't find it?! I must be missing something pretty obvious... Is the "entrance" trough the ruins near one of the two subway stations? Or near the river?

EDIT: The closest I got to the GNR building plaza is Friendship Heights and Georgestown... Am I near the entrance?! :S

EDIT: I finally figured it out. I needed to go in the subway station... I was really near, there was just another path in the Friendship Heights station that I didn't saw.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
can anyone who has played this game in detail tell me what they think of it so far? i am thinking of getting this for ps3 now

edit: bah, it ain't coming out till the 31st in the uk, it can wait for now then.

gaboumafou

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I never played Oblivion, I don't like WRPG usually, and I'm not a FPS fan. But Fallout 3 is still a serious GOTY contender for me. That tells you how awesome it is!
biggrin.gif

It's just my opinion, but still, no one can deny that it's a very ambitious game. And it look reaaaal long: I played for ~10 hours, and I'm still at the beginning of the game.

cardyology

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've been waiting for a "sci fi" RPG since Oblivion.

I thought Mass Effect was it. It was a great, great game, I played it through 4 times but it just didnt seem to have the depth of Oblivion.

Fallout 3 has everything from Oblivion & more!
Its really great!

After trying the seed4me rip of it I can definatly say that this is one 360 game I'll be buying on release day....

I feel that Bethesda(sp?) deserve my money!

flashrabbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have some questions about the game that maybe some of you guys can answer.
Can you play the whole game completly in third-person? Does it work?
I mean oblivion was aaaaaaaawful in third-person, with really bad animation and the character glided around.
Also do you have to use real-time shooting or can you use VATS all the time?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o