Hardware Fake Wiimote or updated/Japanese model?

Chemodile

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently bought an extra Wii remote on eBay and I'm almost certain it's a cheap Chinese fake. However, the differences are subtle and I'm wondering if it's possible that this is just a newer model, as he advertised it as a Japanese import. Detailed writeup and comparison pictures here.

It works but my main concern is that it doesn't work with my rechargeable battery packs. Then I thought that since they're third party hardware there could be other reasons they're not working with this model, which has me second-guessing my initial judgment. The build still looks cheap in some areas so I'm leaning towards fake, but I'd like some outside input. Is it a fake or just a newer/Japanese model with different plastics that doesn't work with my battery packs for some reason?

ddp127

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
probably fake, but there are a few things i like about them
tongue.gif

just buy recharchable battery's, they are much cheaper
smile.gif

(dont know if i may say this) dealextreme sells very cheap wii-motes and nunchucks (compared to europe, dont know what the american price is)

Chemodile

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ddp127 said:
smile.gif

(dont know if i may say this) dealextreme sells very cheap wii-motes and nunchucks (compared to europe, dont know what the american price is)
Cheaper than the rechargeable battery packs I already have?
huh.gif

The prices on Dealextreme are about what I'd pay in-store, but they do have user-submitted photos of the Japanese controllers that help me quite a bit, so thank you for that. I now know for certain that some of the things I noticed on my fakes are definitely not just a trait of the Japanese models. Guess I'll try getting my money back before reporting the guy I bought it from to eBay... If only I'd paid the extra $20, I wouldn't have to deal with this garbage.
mad.gif

Let this be a lesson to anyone trying to save money on Wii controllers.

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
Chemodile said:
ddp127 said:
smile.gif

Cheaper than the rechargeable battery packs I already have?
huh.gif

The prices on Dealextreme are about what I'd pay in-store, but they do have user-submitted photos of the Japanese controllers that help me quite a bit, so thank you for that. I now know for certain that some of the things I noticed on my fakes are definitely not just a trait of the Japanese models. Guess I'll try getting my money back before reporting the guy I bought it from to eBay... If only I'd paid the extra $20, I wouldn't have to deal with this garbage.
mad.gif

Let this be a lesson to anyone trying to save money on Wii controllers.
If you payed via paypal you should be able to file a claim and get your money back.

Chemodile

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
david432111 said:
If you payed via paypal you should be able to file a claim and get your money back.
Thanks for the advice. I filed a claim with paypal this morning and they issued a full refund not even 6 hours later. Very happy with these results.

Now do I:
a) Take them apart for SCIENCE (and post pictures of the pcb/inerts)
b) Keep them around as a backup controller
c) Try to sell them honestly to someone who doesn't mind having a very accurate knockoff for a cheap price

I'm leaning toward C but I'm not sure where I'd be able to offload them that allows knockoffs on their site.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @The Real Jdbye, there wasnt even a conversation in place