Hardware Ez-Writer II USB Cable question

undeon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, I'm new here and after a quick search, I didn't found anything related to my question...

So... I have an Ez-Writer II and just that... Their usb cable is a simple printer usb cable or it has an circuit on it to work?

Another question... With Ez-writer II I'm able to backup game boy/ game boy color and game boy advance save from original cartridge??

Thanks and sorry if I haven't found an answered question...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: undeon

undeon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Very thank you for the fast reply....

So... Out of the box there's no way I can backup the save file (I dont want to dump roms, just the saves)...? If I translate and mod my ez-writer I can dump the saves? You said I'll have no software to do that? I understand right?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry I missed the GBA stuff.
EZWriter will happily dump GBA Flash and SRAM saves all day long. EEPROM saves might be more troubling (flash and sram will load right in an emulator but I think for these you have to fiddle with some stuff) but it should also get it done. You can dump GBA ROMs quite happily as well.
I should also note that there are several methods to dump GBA games and saves if you have a DS or DS lite and a DS slot flash cart. These will probably be far less annoying to do than using the EZClient program. http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/applications/download-gba-backup-tool-0-21-f3228.html if you wanted it. If you do not have such a setup then carry on with EZClient.

The Japanese link is just if you want the GB/GBC stuff. It should have some software on said link, though I think you might have to pay for it.

Reactions: undeon

undeon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Right.... Well... I can mod my ezwriter to dump game boy and game boy color saves... Thas enought for what I need, because I have an Nintendo DS Lite and I can use it to backup GBA saves.... Well.. Thank you again to put me in the right direction... :D

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Right.... Well... I can mod my ezwriter to dump game boy and game boy color saves... Thas enought for what I need, because I have an Nintendo DS Lite and I can use it to backup GBA saves.... Well.. Thank you again to put me in the right direction... :D

saves and roms! NDS and a nds flashcart is the best method for dump gba games\saves...
you just open the tool, put the gba cart and go.. easy and fast..

there is other program for dump saves, but rudolphs does the job greatly...

its just sad you can't use a NDS with GBc games... it would be perfect. i will be looking at later time for a tool to dump GBc saves\roms... sadly can't do it with a gba connected to a wii or gamecube with link cable...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o