Hacking Using ez flash as a cheat module?

Renegba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi guys,

I was wondering if there is any way to use an ez flash ode like an action replay or gameshark? To use it for hacking original cartridges. By linking two game boys together.

Wondering if anyone knows something or a better way to apply cheats to original cartridges in a simple way!

René

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Short version. No.

Longer version. I could see a theoretical option where something fun was done with things (either sending bad data in a link play mode to effect some kind of takeover*, maybe a more conventional multiboot option or just by being a cheat device and sending say hacked pokemon back in a game like that**).

Assuming simple link options for pokemon and it its clones is not your thing then find something to dump the save (many options but if you have a DS or DS lite and a DS flash cart then many choices there), cheat on that however you will and send it back.

*I don't know if you have ever seen the things where people do a bunch of actions in a game, trigger a glitch and then said actions sorted the memory in such a way that it plays a little demo. Same idea except here you have easy arbitrary data options and even calculations so better still. Theoretically you might also be able to do such a thing with a save hack.

**part of the reason GBA link play over network is hard is because both consoles tend to maintain their own game and communicate rather than one master host and a bunch of slaves like many modern games so not like you can host on a device you control a la some modern cheat efforts and workarounds.

The DS has Nitrohax which works by setting something up on a flash cart, ejecting the flash cart and then booting into the game. The DS however is far more tolerant of cart ejections while it is powered and works in a manner slightly more amenable to such things than the GBA (the DS copies code to memory and executes that, it is not impossible to do that on a GBA, indeed multiboot and fast code might be considered just that, but it is far more limited). There is a GBA cart swapping save dumper but most consider it proof of concept and usually quite tricky (most SPs tend to reset if you try it and I imagine all those nice altered screen originals are going to be similar).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...