How do you add cheats on EZ-Flash Omega DE

Readmit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea how to add cheat codes for games on the EZ-Flash Omega DE. There's a folder called CHEAT, and then one called Eng and another called Chn, how do you find the specific game you want to add cheats to? There's no names, they're just numbers.
Post automatically merged:

I have no idea how to add cheat codes for games on the EZ-Flash Omega DE. There's a folder called CHEAT, and then one called Eng and another called Chn, how do you find the specific game you want to add cheats to? There's no names, they're just numbers.
I found this, but it's not working:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-action-replay-to-ez-flash-omega-cht-converter.559163/

Last edited by Readmit,

tbd_314

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please somebody tell us how to find the file of the game that already exists in the ez flash cheat database, they are all listed as numbers, and you cannot tell which game is which and there are literally thousands of files with no names. PLEASE TELL US WHICH GAME IS WHICH!!!!

Please somebody tell us how to find the file of the game that already exists in the ez flash cheat database, they are all listed as numbers, and you cannot tell which game is which and there are literally thousands of files with no names. PLEASE TELL US WHICH GAME IS WHICH!!!!

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Find out your games serial code. There are a few ways you can do that:
1. Look at the label of the original game. It'll say something like "AGB-AX4P-EUR"
2. Open your game ROM in a tool that allows you to read the header data. gbata for example. It'll list the serial code as well. 1709404102678.png
3. Open the ROM file in a hex editor like HxD. The important part of the serial (AX4P in this case) can be found at offset 0xAC
1709404243490.png
The important bit is the middle bit, AX4P in our instance of Super Mario Advance 4, EUR version. Once you know the serial, open the GameID2cht.bin file from your CHEAT folder in a texteditor, and search for the serial number. To the right of it, you'll find the filename for the cheats. Note that you might find the serial code multiple times, that means there will be multiple cheat files. In my example case, it's 1190 and 1631. These are the cheat files.
1709404630020.png

Reactions: slaphappygamer

Readmit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still no solution to this problem. Let's just make an official statement. You can't have cheat codes on GBA without original hardware. The everdrive GBA Mini and the EZ Flash Omega DE have no ability to use cheat codes for GBA games. Don't waste your money on either of these garbage devices.

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You don’t have it working and don’t pretend you do.
I rarely use cheats on the GBA, but I've tested it once or twice with a few games in the past, and it worked the few times I tried.

That being said, I am sure there are a lot of dead or non-working codes in that database (due to different versions, limitations of how their cheat engine works, etc.), just like pretty much any other cheat database I ever came across. I assume EZFlash scrapped online databases with Gameshark or Gamegenie codes and converted them to their format, I doubt they checked every single cheat code to see if it's actually working.

You should definately be able to create valid, working cheat codes for your specific ROM using an emulator.

Last edited by Localhorst86,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: ye