Hardware EZ Flash Jr. Rumble Mod

NewGBAXL

Professional Helirin Pilot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I recently picked up an EZ Flash Jr., and it has been very reliable and easy to use, but the one thing I was kinda disappointed about was the lack of Rumble support. Naturally, I've been looking at potential ways I can add it myself.

According to Pan Docs, "On cartridges which feature a rumble motor, bit 3 of the RAM Bank register is connected to the Rumble circuitry instead of the RAM chip. Setting the bit to 1 enables the rumble motor and keeps it enabled until the bit is reset again."

Which is to say, one of the pins on the MBC5 directly controls whether or not the Rumble is active.
The EZ Flash Jr., however, looks nothing like the retail cartridges so I have no idea which EZ Flash Jr. pin controls the Rumble / RAM Bank Register.

Wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction.

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ignore the MBC5 hardware part, the EZ Flash Jr. takes care of that.

All you need to do is hack / program in the rumble.

EDIT: Actually, I don't think the EZ Flash Jr. has rumble capabilities at all.

EDIT EDIT: I understand your question now. You're asking if a rumble circuit can be frankensteined back in.

I severely doubt it could be hacked in, since this is an FPGA device. I guess maybe if you could find where the RAM is being stored and poke at it, but even assuming you did, this poses the question of how would the rumble circuitry know if a game using an entirely different MBC chip supports rumble or not.

Last edited by master801,
Reactions: NewGBAXL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto