Hacking EZ-FLASH OMEGA and OMEGA Definition Edition minor update

NicotineHunger

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Hello everyone,

I have updated to the latest version of EZ flash Omega for the GBA and since then I cannot save any GB or GBC games. Neither the game save nor the Save states work.

Any idea what might cause it?

Information:
I use SanDisk micro SD 64GB formatted to exFat 128kb allocation.
FW:9 K1.08 (right corner of the GBA screen)

What I tried so far:

Formatted to Fat32 with 3rd party program. Same issue.
Installed previous kernels (7 and 8; before the update I had 7 and it worked fine), same issue.
Tried another card but 32GB formatted to Fat32. Still issue.

What else can I try? I tested with holding L and starting, it says ok.

Please help.

Thanks!

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Hello everyone,

I have updated to the latest version of EZ flash Omega for the GBA and since then I cannot save any GB or GBC games. Neither the game save nor the Save states work.

Any idea what might cause it?

Information:
I use SanDisk micro SD 64GB formatted to exFat 128kb allocation.
FW:9 K1.08 (right corner of the GBA screen)

What I tried so far:

Formatted to Fat32 with 3rd party program. Same issue.
Installed previous kernels (7 and 8; before the update I had 7 and it worked fine), same issue.
Tried another card but 32GB formatted to Fat32. Still issue.

What else can I try? I tested with holding L and starting, it says ok.

Please help.

Thanks!

confirmed, new kernel on the way.

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Are you talking about through the use on GBA? I believe they stated that is due to the user of AA batteries not being able to handle the voltage change, or something.

it's totally not those cases. All functions of the cart are still running when having game freezing. It's all about compatibility.

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@EZ-Flash2 Could you please add an option to NOT skip the logo intro when loading a rom? There are some games that could be got glitch or so during gameplay and it might be my case because playing Golden Sun The Lost Age on NOR seems to solve the freezing issue (need more time to test)

Cheers.

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Another game freezing when playing Drill Dozer this time is completely frozen, cracking sound.

26352CC4-3E47-4FE7-9E0E-B348078D5DFA.jpeg

Luckily I’ve just got Everdrive X5 Mini as plan B and it works flawlessly for hours of gaming.

Retro Gaming Parts Australia refused to exchange or return for faulty they only do that if Ezflash message them about the issue. 129 AUD of waste.

Last edited by thaikhoa,

NicotineHunger

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
So I did some more testing. What I found out, and this could be feature, not a bug, but when I do save state and additionally save with the game's save feature, both saves are then gone the next time I start the game. If I use one or the other, no problem.

I will check the behavior then if I so both saves on different times and not one after the other. Will do also checks with more games. But it's worth also for EZ Flash2 to test with their group.

Teyer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It looks like the issue the user was having was only on the original Omega model. I tested with a few GBC games on my ODE and haven't seen any issues with save generation.
Hi,

I am having saving issues with my EZ Flash Omega DE.

Doing a clean boot, I perform an ingame save and switch of the console. When switching on I choose the save option and I can see inside the SAVER folder a .sav file for the game. But when I try to play the game again it starts as if I never played it before, it just doesnt load the saved file.

If I load with ADD-ON and try to do save state it works the first time, but when switiching off, on, saving and loading the game again it just glitches.

I am using the latest firmware and kernel for the ODE.

Is anyone else experiencing the same isu with the ODE?

EDIT: noticed that if I launch a game with addon the PATCH folder is not created

Last edited by Teyer,

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Hi,

I am having saving issues with my EZ Flash Omega DE.

Doing a clean boot, I perform an ingame save and switch of the console. When switching on I choose the save option and I can see inside the SAVER folder a .sav file for the game. But when I try to play the game again it starts as if I never played it before, it just doesnt load the saved file.

If I load with ADD-ON and try to do save state it works the first time, but when switiching off, on, saving and loading the game again it just glitches.

I am using the latest firmware and kernel for the ODE.

Is anyone else experiencing the same isu with the ODE?

EDIT: noticed that if I launch a game with addon the PATCH folder is not created

Please check the rom hash with any known romlist to ensure the rom is the clean one.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Another game freezing when playing Drill Dozer this time is completely frozen, cracking sound.

View attachment 273957

Luckily I’ve just got Everdrive X5 Mini as plan B and it works flawlessly for hours of gaming.

Retro Gaming Parts Australia refused to exchange or return for faulty they only do that if Ezflash message them about the issue. 129 AUD of waste.

I've already pointed out that your problem is probably due to insufficient power supply, so you can consider replacing the battery or temporarily changing the IPS MOD to see if there is an improvement.

As for your game crashed, you can still call out the EZODE in-game menu, which is very common in the past cases of insufficient power supply we received.

I'm glad you were able to purchase a product from our friend of business and use it happily. Please PM me your purchase proof from the dealer, order number or something, and I'll notify them to refund.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Always good to see updates.

Speaking of piracy check, are the Classic NES games supposed to work? I get the Game Pak Error, tried Metroid and one or two others.
I don't have the Classic NES, but I have the Famicom Minis and they work, so the Classic NES should do too in theory.

Teyer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Please check the rom hash with any known romlist to ensure the rom is the clean one.

Hi,

I've hash-checked and all the roms seem to be clean. The problem is not with just one GBA rom, but with all of them.

When booting a game I can see on the screen the mesages 'creating sav file' if i's the first boot or 'checking sav file' if it's been played before. Which I asume means it found the sav file. So I don't know if the .sav are not being created correctly or they are not being loaded.

The way I am using the cart is: play game, let the game do its own saving thing, wait a bit just in case and then power off. When turning on the console choose the option of backing up the save. Am I doing this right?

Also, if I a game saves it progress atomaticaly and afterwards (wait some time) I perform a SELECT+START+B+A game reset, would that invalidate the save?

With GBC games on Goomba setings I have to switch Other Settings-> Autoload save state: ON per game. Is this the intended way? With GBC games I can see the .sav are working

I'm mostly interested in getting the clean boot saves working, more than using the addon savesates.

Last edited by Teyer,

Shadow_The_Hedgehog82

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Anyone know if its possible to clear the fram save on the definitive edition? I was testing sapphire in nor /mode b and then swapped out to emerald. I did the format all nor option then copied emerald across but it still has the sapphire save file. Wiping the save file from the emerald menu doesn't work i assume because the save is for the wrong game

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
@EZ-Flash2 - This version works great on my handled GBA. Any news on potentially getting the DE to work with the GBA consolizer? (hasn't worked with any of the firmware versions so far)
Until we get a sample, we can't solve this problem, and we don't have the budget to buy this product in the near or foreseeable future. So you can only hope that our customers in China will be willing to lend us a sample, if there has one.
Hi,

I've hash-checked and all the roms seem to be clean. The problem is not with just one GBA rom, but with all of them.

When booting a game I can see on the screen the mesages 'creating sav file' if i's the first boot or 'checking sav file' if it's been played before. Which I asume means it found the sav file. So I don't know if the .sav are not being created correctly or they are not being loaded.

The way I am using the cart is: play game, let the game do its own saving thing, wait a bit just in case and then power off. When turning on the console choose the option of backing up the save. Am I doing this right?

Also, if I a game saves it progress atomaticaly and afterwards (wait some time) I perform a SELECT+START+B+A game reset, would that invalidate the save?

With GBC games on Goomba setings I have to switch Other Settings-> Autoload save state: ON per game. Is this the intended way? With GBC games I can see the .sav are working

I'm mostly interested in getting the clean boot saves working, more than using the addon savesates.

Did you press A or B every time the kernel starts asking to backup the saver?
Or you can go to the system settings (the third TAB) and turn on auto save, it will automatically backup every time you boot up without you having to confirm.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, burp +1