Hacking EZ-FLASH Junior TestFlight

GBCandAguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's less tested than Firmware 4 but there's been no known reports of issues thus far. But perhaps you'll get (un)lucky 😅

Thats good, I would like to give the gift with RTC fully working but didnt want to chance it breaking and not having the cart to give with the GBC. I think I may chance it, I have bought 2 (one for me and one as a gift), both will be the exact same outcome so if one fails, I wont bother with the second and just use F4.

Wish me luck 😅

WiLLiW

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
"If you are a novice and do not have the ability to solve the situation of the shit hit the fan, we do not recommend you to install this version. VERY SERIOUSLY."

What should I worry about?
Pocket Monsters Midori here, 20 hours so far and also a seriously professional EZ-Flash Jr. gamer myself. :yaysp:

DrunkenMonk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did you ever encounter any time shift issue?
Midori is japanese for green, has no RTC like pokemon red/blue. Time shift is noticeable in pokemon crystal after around 20 days but it's not a large deviation that adversely affects gameplay. The time shift is only terribly present in games that use the RTC more accurately, like romhacks (pokemon prism as the prime example)

noj86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm the lucky owner of a brand new Analogue Pocket, I wanted to flag that under the FW4 + K1.04e the EZ-Flash Junior fails to launch (Micro SD error) but after the update to the latest beta firmware FW5 + K1.05e it works like a charm.

PapiFed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I'm the lucky owner of a brand new Analogue Pocket, I wanted to flag that under the FW4 + K1.04e the EZ-Flash Junior fails to launch (Micro SD error) but after the update to the latest beta firmware FW5 + K1.05e it works like a charm.
I can confirm the same.

Last edited by PapiFed,

DietWeed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated to latest firmware and it doesn't seem to work on my pocket, it seems to freeze on the loading screen. Could it possibly be my SD card? It might not be fast enough...

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

GBCandAguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have been using the FW5 for about a day now, and all seems to work (not tested the RTC fully yet), however one issue I seem to have is any time I save in hame, once I press the cart to reset back to menu, it pauses on the blue message saying its saving it sticks here for a while, I have seen it clear on its own, however I am unsure if this the case all the time, when I cycle the power (when the message still displays) and go back to the game, it seems to have saved fine, it appears to just be the first time saving.

The SD card I am using is an Integral 32GB V30 UHS-I U3 C10 A1

Is this a known issue?

I might just impatient

Last edited by GBCandAguy,

kerobscure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Last testflight working right in my Analogue Pocket with Analogue OS V1.0

Donkey kong Land 3 completed with Ez-Flash Jr, no issues found.

Remy81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where did you get the firmware

ramonpks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year also for everyone, I have some questions, it is known if the new firmware for the ez-flash jr will have support for the pictures of the dmg and cgb games like its older sister the ez-flash omega for gba ?, and it will also have chetos or codes support for dmg and cgb ?. Thank you very much and happy new year 2022.

WiLLiW

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year also for everyone, I have some questions, it is known if the new firmware for the ez-flash jr will have support for the pictures of the dmg and cgb games like its older sister the ez-flash omega for gba ?, and it will also have chetos or codes support for dmg and cgb ?. Thank you very much and happy new year 2022.
GameShark support would much be apreciated

Gozaburo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
GameShark support would much be apreciated
I instantly would buy a Junior in case they add GameShark and Save State. Save State is a must have for all these old games which have only password saves and the Omega has Cheat and Save State too. But I think this won't happen :(

WiLLiW

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I instantly would buy a Junior in case they add GameShark and Save State. Save State is a must have for all these old games which have only password saves and the Omega has Cheat and Save State too. But I think this won't happen :(
Well, I bought mine and I don't regret it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    Veho @ Veho: It inserts a newline in a random spot.