Hacking EZ-FLASH Junior TestFlight

Kaabii001xD

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Updated 3 ez-junior to FW5 without any problem. Micro SD was a Kingston Class 10.
Same here, I look for a very fast MicroSD, in my case is this one " GS-2IN1633X-MLC-32GBX5-B " and no face any issue with the FW5 with my Pokemon Crystal version, the clock works just perfect. For that Pokemon Prism I use mGBA in my PC, otherwise I need to get a everdrive GBC flashcard with isolated Real time clock instead

SeatBeeSate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried to update over 10 times, all of which have been successful.
I tried them all on the GBC and used IKEA LADDA battery with plenty of power.
I haven't tried it with a slow SD card, so I don't know what the failure situation is.

Based on this, it seems that the role of recovery kernel is to load the old firmware.
Recovery kernel is not publicly available, so it would be helpful if you get it from someone who has this file.

I don't know why there is such code, but FW5 seems to have the biggest problem with limiting the time to find or load ezgb.dat file.
Dunno, I tried with a class 10 SanDisk 32GB that clocks about 120 megabit. Should be perfectly fine, however fm5 updates but upon boot I get either stuck on init, black screen or garbled text. I've tried updating on a DMG, pocket, gbc, sp 100 and original gba. No dice! Ordered a new card to test. All my other high speed cards well exceed the capacity (128gb+)

SeatBeeSate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dunno, I tried with a class 10 SanDisk 32GB that clocks about 120 megabit. Should be perfectly fine, however fm5 updates but upon boot I get either stuck on init, black screen or garbled text. I've tried updating on a DMG, pocket, gbc, sp 100 and original gba. No dice! Ordered a new card to test. All my other high speed cards well exceed the capacity (128gb+)
Only thing that fixed it was ordering a replacement unit. I think there's just some batches that do not work with FW5.

Gozaburo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
I got my junior today. Can someone please tell me which of these 2 firmware updates is the most recent one?

#1. FW5K105RC.zip (Update_FW5_7-31.gb)
#2. ezjunior-fw5-0918.zip (Update_FW5_2021-9-18.gb)

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I got my junior today. Can someone please tell me which of these 2 firmware updates is the most recent one?

#1. FW5K105RC.zip (Update_FW5_7-31.gb)
#2. ezjunior-fw5-0918.zip (Update_FW5_2021-9-18.gb)
Pretty sure it's the second one. Be absolutely certain you only use either of those two versions with a Class 10 A1 MicroSD. Anything slower runs the risk of bricking your Jr while flashing.

Reactions: Gozaburo

Freegaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Are there any important differences between FW4 K1.04e and FW5_7-31 version? I want to play Pokemon Crystal on my modded GBC with IPS screen and I don't know if updating the software is recommended.

Reshiban

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Are there any important differences between FW4 K1.04e and FW5_7-31 version? I want to play Pokemon Crystal on my modded GBC with IPS screen and I don't know if updating the software is recommended.
Main diffs are RTC improved (still having issues) and some bug/compatibility fixes.

I've personally processed the update with a GBA SP (IPS screen) FW5-0918 build, and it worked fine:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/ez-flash-junior-update-questions-for-noob.623008/post-10077487

BUT be warned that some persons have bricked their linker during installation, you should use a FAST sd card, and REDUCE the luminosity of your screen to minimum (less power drained).
The safer way to proceed would be to dump the linker's FW with hardmod (that allows you to recover from a brick) before, but that's not accessible to everyone (me included).

Reactions: Freegaro

iwasaperson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So @EZ-Flash2 decided to release a DS flashcart, but seemed to have completely abandoned the Junior. It would be nice if they could at least release the source code like they did for the Omega, that way fans can update it

Reactions: Reshiban

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
So @EZ-Flash2 decided to release a DS flashcart, but seemed to have completely abandoned the Junior. It would be nice if they could at least release the source code like they did for the Omega, that way fans can update it
Yeah, it's pretty shitty that they just kind of gave up supporting a product that they still sell, and won't fix its underlying issues. Like, if a hardware revision is needed, just pull the trigger and do it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?