Hacking EZ-FLASH Junior TestFlight

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
This is a beta kernel for advanced user testing only. It is not recommended for entry-level users.

A battery exhaustion prompt has been added. You will see it when you enter for the first time. Please ignore it. The next time you see it is when the battery is really depleted or removed.

This version eliminates Chinese support and file sorting, theoretically improves file name and directory compatibility, and improves the speed of file browsing.

Now a folder can contain 7000 files.

Filename length is 254 characters.

If there is a file system error, please put the list of all file names in the error directory on any website where you can paste and save the text, such as pastebin.com, and leave the link here for investigation.

If there are any bugs, please describe the reproduction steps in detail

Attachments

• ezgb.dat.zip
    43.4 KB · Views: 625
Last edited by EZ-Flash2,

kerobscure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Great!

By the way, do you have plans to increase the compatibility of the roms? For example with the rom of the beta of Pokémon Gold

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not convinced that such things were necessary but if people have been spoiled by DS flash carts and are going to whine about it then if it is easy enough.

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is a beta kernel for advanced user testing only. It is not recommended for entry-level users.

A battery exhaustion prompt has been added. You will see it when you enter for the first time. Please ignore it. The next time you see it is when the battery is really depleted or removed.

This version eliminates Chinese support and file sorting, theoretically improves file name and directory compatibility, and improves the speed of file browsing.
I like the snappier menu, it is quite noticeable

Great!

By the way, do you have plans to increase the compatibility of the roms? For example with the rom of the beta of Pokémon Gold
You mean the spaceworld 1997 demos? What exactly is your issue with them?
spaceworld.jpg

mariotaotao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Nice updates, Chinese support could be an option for user choice, now we don't need to worry the number of roms in microsd.
BTW, do you plan to add a soft reboot feature for current running game, that would be very useful for gaming, maybe it could fix the compatibility for SGB

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice updates, Chinese support could be an option for user choice, now we don't need to worry the number of roms in microsd.
BTW, do you plan to add a soft reboot feature for current running game, that would be very useful for gaming, maybe it could fix the compatibility for SGB
We don't need a softreset via software as we have it via hardware

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What? How? With the latest stable kernel/firmware i'm getting error file with the four types of the rom :/
I just took the header-fixed ROMs and dropped it on my EZ-Flash Jr.
All 4 ROMs (Gold/Silver, Debug/Non-Debug) work just fine on both the stable kernel and this test flight kernel.

twicefalles

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The file system errors seem to be completely random. When you copy/paste a lot of stuff, they seem to happen more frequently. Sometimes you can fix one by deleting the folder and copying the same folder again. So my guess is it has something to do with FAT32 allocation.

I remember similar issue with Bennvenn ElCheapo in the beginning, which I fixed by removing everything from the sd card, formatting it, and copying everything back onto it.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've given it a quick test and didn't manage to cause any errors. Dumped 500+ roms in the root directory without renaming anything and no issues at all so far.

twicefalles

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've given it a quick test and didn't manage to cause any errors. Dumped 500+ roms in the root directory without renaming anything and no issues at all so far.

Yea I can confirm that without folders it can read all weird letters/special characters and no errors.

But with folders sometimes there are random problems:
I dumped all my folders onto the sd cards and some folders could not be opened. I removed all content from the folder and it was still "File System Error". Then I created a new folder with similar name, copied all the content there and this folder worked out. Totally random and the content and letters/special characters do not matter.

B2TM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi! Would it be possible to make longer filenames scroll? For some games it's impossible to tell which one it is now.

Reactions: stap

stap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

Now a folder can contain 7000 files.

Filename length is 254 characters.

If there is a file system error, please put the list of all file names in the error directory on any website where you can paste and save the text, such as pastebin.com, and leave the link here for investigation.

If there are any bugs, please describe the reproduction steps in detail
This is awesome! The menu is now much faster and easier to use! Thanks!

B2TM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wow! That was quick, ánd it works
Thanks a lot!

On a different note: is save state something that is on the roadmap or is it not possible with this card?

Reactions: Gozaburo

wiewiec

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I tested this file with my GBA SP and GBC clone GB Boy Color. First thing is that d-pad handling is better on GBC clone, on SP for example hitting down scrolls few positions not only one. I have also problem with folders I have main folders RomSets that contain save structure for GB& GBC -> EU, US and BETA PROTO. When I enter folder GBC section it is OK, but entering GB folder gives me file system error, IDK why because even it's folder structure is same, no unusual characters or sth.

I have another question - tell me if there is a chance that you're working on cheat support or on game menu by pressing the cartridge.

So even if there is few problems here I am happy, because the card price is reasonable, but shame that product is not packed with plastic card protector or sth.

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
FW4 + K1.04E
Fixed booting sequence halt in OS INIT which caused by disk fragmentation
Fixed random File System Error which discussed in this thread
Some interface rearrangement
Some scroll timing tweak

If there are no major problems, this will be the official version

Attachments

• Update_FW4.rar
    80.4 KB · Views: 313
  • ezgb 3-5 1.04e.rar
    32.7 KB · Views: 300
Last edited by EZ-Flash2,

wally86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome. Love the scrolling. Can you make the text not bold? Like it was in fw3 k1.03
It's a little tuff on the eyes. Thanks
FW4 + K1.04E
Fixed booting sequence halt in OS INIT which caused by disk fragmentation
Fixed random File System Error which discussed in this thread
Some interface rearrangement
Some scroll timing tweak

If there are no major problems, this will be the official version

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.