Ez-Flash Junior does not record *.sav files properly on the micro SD.

Zurba

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, Ez flash junior records game progress in the internal memory, but when I turn the console on again, it creates a *.sav file in the 0 byte SAVER folder. What can I do to resolve the problem?

Thanks

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
China
You need to provide more information and steps.
BTW, in general, a file like *.sav cannot exist, because the * symbol itself is a wildcard and cannot be a filename.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Before restarting the system to write the save file to the SD, turn your brightness all the way down. The EZ Jr has severe power-draw issues, and turning down the backlight helps stabilize the power a fair bit. Not saying it's the fix to your solution, but it's worth a shot to try it. It fixed my SD Init issues at boot back when I still had one. I got rid of my EZ Jr for the EDGB on AliExpress for half the price, and never looked back.

Reactions: 4d1xlaan

Zurba

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You need to provide more information and steps.
BTW, in general, a file like *.sav cannot exist, because the * symbol itself is a wildcard and cannot be a filename.
The * symbolizes the name of a file.

What I understand is that it saves in internal memory, but when it backs up to SD it writes a 0 byte file, but with the name of the rom in question and the extension of sav.
When I play another rom without a backup made, I lose the game process.

see the video:

I can also say that ez flash junior is not creating the SAVER folder, I had to create it manually.
Post automatically merged:

Antes de reiniciar o sistema para gravar o arquivo salvo no SD, diminua o brilho totalmente. O EZ Jr tem graves problemas de consumo de energia e diminuir a luz de fundo ajuda a estabilizar um pouco a energia. Não estou dizendo que é a solução para sua solução, mas vale a pena tentar. Ele corrigiu meus problemas de inicialização do SD na inicialização, quando eu ainda tinha um. Livrei-me do meu EZ Jr pelo EDGB no AliExpress pela metade do preço e nunca mais olhei para trás.
Thanks for the tip, I'll try it. Did you buy another flash cart?

Last edited by Zurba,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
The * symbolizes the name of a file.

What I understand is that it saves in internal memory, but when it backs up to SD it writes a 0 byte file, but with the name of the rom in question and the extension of sav.
When I play another rom without a backup made, I lose the game process.

I can also say that ez flash junior is not creating the SAVER folder, I had to create it manually.
Post automatically merged:

Thanks for the tip, I'll try it. Did you buy another flash cart?
Yes, the EDGB on AliExpress. It's much better.

Reactions: Zurba

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I got experience throwing flash carts in the trasb