Hacking EZ Flash IV is being discontinued!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No direct experience but it was a fairly well liked cart at the time. Note you will need a GBA (rather than a DS) for this if you want to write things to it (it uses the GBA link port).

I will warn you though that anything that does not use a SD/CF card will be a pain to use if you are used to more modern things and you will probably have to set up a VM and other fun things if you do not have an old XP machine handy. Likewise it will only hold a handful of games at once, you will probably have to redo the battery (it has been years since they were made so you will be buying old stock) and it will not have the most options (not that the EZ4 has many though).

I would not pay much for it either ($35 on the high end).

www.flashlinker-

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.rbenda.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Does anyone have experience with the GBA XG2Turbo?

You don't want to have this card (i guess)....problems with the batteries...can be replaced easily but the power consumption is high, so you need some batteries over a short period. Software far away to be called good or perfect. Difficult to install the correct drivers....etc. etc.......sold in the past (~2004/2005): XG2 Turbo, XG2 Turbo Plus, XG2 Lite. Blue cable for direct connection to GBA or USB-Slimloader II / III...for each version different software.....

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I am glad I bought mine easily. Got 5 of them when I had read of Paypal's doing to the Flashcarts sellers. I had known of this.

Already sold 3 of the 5 units that I got because people really wanted them. Now have 2 left and a person who bought one is insisting on taking another one. :/

I am saving the last two for me though lol. One is in use and one is for the spare.

rs97ie.jpg

Also bought two of them, one to use and one as a spare.

TexasToast

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Jerret Douglass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just emailed them to see if they actually have them. I am doubtful.

these guys have been out of stock for over a month and on a few pages back they told someone in a message they were expecting a new shipment. they are a reliable source. ill let you know when i get mine in a few weeks but it may be to late and out of stock.

Jerret Douglass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have had an order with them for 3 months... Since April. Trust me. I am not sure they are getting more.

I mean they've had them listed as Out of Stock for a month in a half now and today it changed to In Stock. If it turns out a fake I'll just get my money back.

Jerret Douglass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have had an order with them for 3 months... Since April. Trust me. I am not sure they are getting more.

I just emailed them about their stock and whether they have some that they are shipping out or if they are still waiting. I'll let you know my reply. If all fails I get a refund NBD, GOTTA HAVE HOPE.

Jerret Douglass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No they have listed them back in stock twice befor to get more orders, without shipping any stock.

you were right.

Thank you so much for your enquiry and order. I am sorry to tell you that we are still out of this card. The factory is waiting for the chip which is used to manufacture the EZ-Flash IV card. We are told to wait but we don’t have an exact date when we can restock of this card. We marked this product as "in stock" because some customer want reserve it. I am really sorry to bring you so much confusion and I must apologize if this brings you any inconvenience.

Have a nice day and please feel free to email me if you need any other information.

Yours sincerely,
Alicia

syph007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Isn't aliexpress unreputable though? Some spambot in the Gateway thread posted a link to their Gateway page, and I forget who, but someone said that Chinese sites like that lie about their stock all the time...

I'd love to order an EZ Flash IV from them.. but I'm worried about my $$ going poof.

No aliexpress is great. It has a payment holding system. If your order isnt shipped and you confirum you got it, the money is automatically refunded to you. I got 2 ez IVs from there no problem. One was 51, one was 40ish. Both are reproductions, but work fine. At least some guy is making more, as its for sure not the original ones as I have some of those, and the casing are different.

Its just like using ebay, there are going to be good and bad sellers. Look for ones with good feedback. Ive bought other GBA parts and screens there too, all no problem.

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
No aliexpress is great. It has a payment holding system. If your order isnt shipped and you confirum you got it, the money is automatically refunded to you. I got 2 ez IVs from there no problem. One was 51, one was 40ish. Both are reproductions, but work fine. At least some guy is making more, as its for sure not the original ones as I have some of those, and the casing are different.

Its just like using ebay, there are going to be good and bad sellers. Look for ones with good feedback. Ive bought other GBA parts and screens there too, all no problem.

If it's a reproduction unit, forget it... I want the real deal :/ I want the item I'm ordering, not some cheap copy. I also hate payment holding systems, or those who wait until the product is shipped to take the payment - I got fucked over by Gamestop because I pre ordered two boxes of Persona 4 Solid Gold, and I thought they were going to take the money at the time of the order, but they took it later and forced my debit account to overdraw. I also shopped from a website I thought was reputable - they held payment, cancelled my order, and never refunded me. Ugh.

Thanks for your reply though :)

Amber Lamps

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's a reproduction unit, forget it... I want the real deal :/ I want the item I'm ordering, not some cheap copy. I also hate payment holding systems, or those who wait until the product is shipped to take the payment - I got fucked over by Gamestop because I pre ordered two boxes of Persona 4 Solid Gold, and I thought they were going to take the money at the time of the order, but they took it later and forced my debit account to overdraw. I also shopped from a website I thought was reputable - they held payment, cancelled my order, and never refunded me. Ugh.

Thanks for your reply though :)

Well this isn't Gamestop rather this is an illegitimate web site selling an illegitimate product so basically if it "gets lost in the mail" they don't have to refund your money. Gamestop on the other hand is a legitimate business and it is US based (if it isn't, they have offices in the US anyway thus it is considered some form of an American enterprise) and thus you can do a number of different things to get your money back and it will work. In fact now some credit card companies have more protections on purchases so they will just refund you anyway.

I'm not sure if it is a cheap copy but keep in mind that these devices are cheap in the first place so you aren't gaining a lot by going original most of the time. But yeah usually the original is at least better quality than a copy.

dhgate still has these listed at $21 each and this site shows $35 each.. seems overpriced but considering that they hawk for triple that, it still isn't a bad deal. though I dunno if the $35 includes shipping. the $21 doesn't.

I was going to buy some a while ago but they were out of stock on dhgate and probably still are.. so... I never even obtained one. And I wouldn't spend 60+ for one. These only play GBA games after all don't they? That is a hobbyist thing; most people don't play GBA any longer.

dhgate has Gateway 3ds for 65 bucks too and they probably want another 10 to ship bringing it to 75. the price definitely has some room to move on that device. The only reason it is $80 is because they can "get" $80 per unit from westerners..they can't get that much from Chinese populace because most of them don't make much money. A lady told me the median wage there is $700/mo and they have to pay rent, food, clothes with that money so that leaves very little left at the end.

I should feel lucky that I have more money than they but I don't look at life through a narrow scope like that. I actually would rather be there although that would limit my hobbies quite a bit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQO7neBmy0&pp=ygUXU2hvd2VyIHNjZW5lIEhhbGYgYmFrZWQ%3D