EZ Flash IV is being discontinued!

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Bitbyte, Dec 16, 2012.

Dec 16, 2012
  1. Bitbyte
    OP

Member Bitbyte GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Belgium
    Source: http://www.realhotstuff.com/EZ-Flash-iV--OUT-OF-STOCK_p_76.html

"11/26/12: CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK: EZ Flash iV has been discontinued by the manufacturer. We may receive 10 - 20 in the next couple weeks. "

I strongly suggest everyone who would like a GBA flashcart and doesn't have one yet to order an EZ Flash IV while you still can. The only shop I've found which still has them in stock is flashlinker-shop (http://www.flashlinker-shop.com/ez-flash-iv-minisd-slot-2-gba-gbm-sp-nds-nds-lite-p-443.html).

As it stands, the EZ Flash IV is the best GBA flashcart without RTC so hurry up or you'll miss out on this.

2. Facepalm831

Newcomer Facepalm831 Newbie

United States
  3. Lemmy Koopa

Member Lemmy Koopa M3 Perfect fanboy

United States
    Oh my god, this sucks, but it's not too surprising either. I was hoping they'd play it for a longer time than this, but GBA HAS been dead for a long long time.
    I don't think I'll be able to make a purchase before they all run out, so I have to hope to hell my M3 lasts me for a long time even in the condition it is.

4. alexei_gp

Member alexei_gp GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    This really bad thanks a god we have the revo k101 for gba purposes :)

JayRo and Ammako like this.
  5. VinvinMario

Newcomer VinvinMario Advanced Member

United States
    I am glad I bought mine easily. Got 5 of them when I had read of Paypal's doing to the Flashcarts sellers. I had known of this.

Already sold 3 of the 5 units that I got because people really wanted them. Now have 2 left and a person who bought one is insisting on taking another one. :/

I am saving the last two for me though lol. One is in use and one is for the spare.

[​IMG]

6. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    I'm kinda glad I have bought mine already, but PSP generally is less of a hassle to use.

7. soulrazor

Member soulrazor GBAtemp Regular

Portugal
    something is odd on the realhot stuff site.
    Is it a reliable site?

8. chuckler

Newcomer chuckler Newbie

India
    Thanks to vivinMario. i finally got one of the EZ4.
    All is good with the world. :)

9. Bitbyte
    OP

Member Bitbyte GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Belgium
    So, flashlinker-shop is out of stock too now. They say that they should get some more on the 21st of December but I'm not sure if they'll be able to source them.

Also, when did the packaging change for the EZ-Flash IV? I still have a nice case with a soft interior and a magnetic clip that came with my first EZ-Flash IV from a couple years ago. Looks like it's just a box with plastic in it now.

10. Lemmy Koopa

Member Lemmy Koopa M3 Perfect fanboy

United States
    Man, I just remembered why I maybe wanted one. I was going to get it to play 2-player games on PocketNES that's too big for multiboot, and to have a backup Flashcart in case my M3 dies completely.

11. Count Duckula

Member Count Duckula .

Australia
  12. futaris

Newcomer futaris Member

Australia
    I've got one on order from realhotstuff / 0shippingzone. Didn't even know about this thread.

13. Catastrophic

Member Catastrophic Perfectly Normal

Iceland
    I love my EZ-Flash IV. I remember buying it the same time I bought my backlit SP :yaysp:. It's really a shame it's being discontinued as there are still many GBAs floating around.

14. RodrigoDavy

Member RodrigoDavy GBAtemp Maniac

Brazil
    Well, this thread made me buy an EZ-IV. Hopefully it will arrive in January's first week! :lol:

15. Sicklyboy

Global Moderator Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

United States
    Kinda want to buy one even though I don't use my gba anymore.

16. Count Duckula

Member Count Duckula .

Australia
    I'd say buy one while you can, its nice to be able to play the games on the original (backlit sp) hardware.

Once I updated the loader everything has run fine from RAM and NOR, my personal favourite theme (that includes the best loader) is clearlooks: http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=17257
    They normally come with the latest official loader (has an awful star wars theme), but you'll get better compatibility with the modified 'reset' version included with that skin. It does a reset of the system before launching games (you see the gameboy splash screen again).
    On the official loader SMA3 - Yoshi's Island only worked when flashed to NOR, with the 'reset' loader it works fine from RAM. I'm guessing this is tied to the fact it did a full reset when launching from NOR but not RAM on the official loader, where as the modded one does it for both.

It's a pity they cant run original gameboy/GBC games, still waiting for a tabbed battery to arrive so I can replace the one in my Mario Land 2 cart :)

17. Sicklyboy

Global Moderator Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

United States
    Ah hell, I bought one. And I'm never gonna use it probably, what with my 3in1 on my DS Lite and my DSTWO on my 3DS.

Whatever though.

Seems realhotstuff.hk still has them in stock, my order went through. Realhotstuff.com should as well.

18. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    GB emulators have existed for years and GBC emulators have existed for more than a handful as well- see goomba color. http://www.dwedit.org/gba/goombacolor.php though you might also want to look at http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12660

As for SMA3 (and the other SMA titles) try renaming it with a 8:3 name (along with the same to the same name albeit with a .sav extension).

19. Count Duckula

Member Count Duckula .

Australia
    Already have them named SMA1 through 4 cheers FAST6191 :)
    I'm pretty sure the issue with SMA3 persisted when run in RAM even after I renamed the SMA games, but could be mistaken. It loaded fine straight of the bat when flashed to NOR but didnt load from RAM.

I have goomba set up on GBA, lameboy on DS (3ds XL), gbcoid on android etc, but want to complete mario land 2 on 'original hardware'. My old original brick GB and GBC aren't so easy on my ageing eyes, so the backlit SP is the best way to run it in hardware while still being playable :) Nice to have the SML2 cart back in proper order also.

If only the GBA afforded the overhead needed (and had a dev dedicated enough) to emulate GB as byuu's bsnes does for SNES on PC.

20. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Was going through my bookmarks on an unrelated matter and http://ebluar.com/ez-flash-iv-4-mini-ez-card-for-gba-gba-sp-nds.html popped up. $32.99 with free shipping apparently. I can not recall ever using the site or how it appeared in my bookmarks (the fairly well tended electronics and repair parts section no less) but might as well add another to pile.