Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I am newer to the NDS scene, I have alot of experience with PSP
yaypsp.gif
and 360 mod/homebrew.
I recently got and setup a NDS lite with R4DS and EZ Flash 3 in 1. I was trying to get firmware and eventually got the EXPloader .58b by rudolph.
I just found the official site and firmware today, is it better to use the 3rd party software I have or official release?
wacko.gif

Also is it possible to load AR cheats in the r4ds to effect a gba title loading through EZ flash?

Thanks for any help

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
you can pre-patch your gba roms to have cheats or trainers. gba exploader does not support any real time gba cheat patching. there is gbldr by corey which can also be used to flash gba roms to the nor section of the 3in1. that and exploader are your only solutions.

if you have a real r4 or the r4 1:1 clone that shoptemp sells you can use the wood r4 firmware. this firmware has 3in1 support but only for the original 2 builds of the 3in1. the 3in1+ should work but is not fully supported. i posted news on the new wood firmware release this morning, check the front portal today.

-another world

uselessmidget

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
by firmware i meant the files you put in the card to launch the gba files.
The offical is ezflash firmware and exploader is a 3rd party. Im woundering whats best to use and after that wats the best one for ar cheats.
Thanks

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For writing the games to the 3in1, as Another World said, Wood R4 if it can be used on your cart. Otherwise GBA Exploader.

To patch cheats into the game use GBAATM -- link is below.

OT: Are you really a midget?

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it's just that the system software by them that supports the 3in1 only works on the EZV/i. Other DS flash carts have to use 3rd party programs or the built-in support added by their cart's 'team'.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn