Hacking extinfo.dat List of game inside (list to be completed)

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TyRaNtM said:
I think that a good idea is try to extract the fix of the games with problems, WITH a firmware of another card, like Akaio, Edge, etc..
not so simple,you would know how it was made,and how to unpack it,aside from that whatever is inside of the firmwares would also have to be read

in other words that's difficult but easy if the team who made it would supply the program(s) they use to make it

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ive tested and nothing seems to be fixd
frown.gif

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
bitonio6 said:
Yes but my question is, in the rom, where or how we can find this "ID" code?

sometime in the extinfo.dat, you can find two or more the same game Code but with different ID ???
Some game have "00000000" for ID

4522 - The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks (E) befor encryipting

GameID BKIP 48C96A52

1.jpg

To get the gameID thats used in infolib.dat and extinfo.dat

Encryipt a copy of your rom using Endrypts adv http://www.no-intro.org/tools.htm

2.jpg

Check the GameID again with r4cee

4522 - The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks (E) after encryipting

GameID BKIP DAE866FD

3.jpg

This is how you get the true gameID that used in infolib.dat

I have tryed it on older games and the GamesID Matches with thouse ones in infolib.dat and extinfo.dat , also it works

If you try the "Non encryipted" gameID then the games don't work

Hope this helps!

I think 00000000s is a defalt of some type with second part of the gameID

Kikkerdril

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
drwhojan said:
lenselijer said:
check this: http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/indexe.asp

dstt clone with sonic allstars racing working, can somebody rip the extinfo?

Dose it use extinfo.dat in its files ?

I've downloaded the firmware and checked it out. It doesn't have extinfo.dat in there. I've tried several things to get it working on a DSTTi. The R4i SDHC firmware looks like this:

R4.DAT
R4iMenu folder

In R4iMenu the following files are modified in march:
GAMEINFO.DAT - 527KB (looks like DSTT's infolab.dat - 530KB to me) - changed 19th of march
map.bin - 315KB (looks like something especially for R4i?) - changed 18th of march
usrcheat.dat - 6.0797KB (same stuff as DSTT) - changed 17th of march
savlib.dat - 1KB (same stuff as DSTT) - changed 14th of march

and then we have the R4.DAT file in the root, also changed 19th march.

What I have tried:

1. Use R4i software on DSTTi by renaming R4.DAT to TTMENU.DAT (because DSTTi will look for TTMENU.DAT, probably the DSTT software will work also on R4i SDHC by renaming TTMENU.DAT to R4.DAT).
Result: Looks like it is starting like it should, I see R4i SDHC on the screen with logo but in red a message that it is a fake card. So it has some sort of fakechecker.

2. Use DSTT software with files from R4i: GAMEINFO.DAT renamed to infolab.dat and usrcheat.dat and savlib.dat
Result: Still same errors with the new Sonic games.

3. Use DSTT software with files from step 2 and also the R4.dat renamed to TTMENU.DAT and TTMENU folder renamed to R4iMenu.
Result: same fake card message from step 1

Probably the solution is in the R4.DAT right?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is what I found out:
map.bin - 315KB - the first 30KB is the extinfo.dat from 13.03.2010 and the rest looks different to other files from the DSTT and the header from the map.bin is different,but when I change the header to the header from the extinfo.dat it works-but sonic doesn't work- so I think the rest of the map.bin is new.

Sarvesh50

Aye!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dont seek the solution by a r4 card the card isnt longer supported so the non working games on the dstt also wouldnt work on the r4.

@
Kikkerdril
U used some firmwares right? with one you bumped into a fake checker there are firmwares without a fakechecker the newest firmware but without the fake checker.

raiderscrusade

Trophies
XP
Country
Kikkerdril said:
drwhojan said:
lenselijer said:
check this: http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/indexe.asp

dstt clone with sonic allstars racing working, can somebody rip the extinfo?

Dose it use extinfo.dat in its files ?

What I have tried:
Result: Looks like it is starting like it should, I see R4i SDHC on the screen with logo but in red a message that it is a fake card. So it has some sort of fakechecker.

Try patching the R4.DAT file with the DSTT fakechecker killer thingy?

Kikkerdril

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sarvesh50 said:
Dont seek the solution by a r4 card the card isnt longer supported so the non working games on the dstt also wouldnt work on the r4.

@
Kikkerdril
U used some firmwares right? with one you bumped into a fake checker there are firmwares without a fakechecker the newest firmware but without the fake checker.

Uhmm, did you even read the topic? Sonic & Sega All-stars Racing works on the R4i SDHC with their new firmware. So I am hoping someone figures out how they did it because it is a DSTTi clone. Off course I know there is DSTT software without fakechecker but many new games don't work on this software now. That's the point off this whole topic.

raiderscrusade said:
QUOTE(Kikkerdril @ Mar 20 2010, 02:50 AM)
What I have tried:

Try patching the R4.DAT file with the DSTT fakechecker killer thingy?

Does this exist? I think it can only be removed manually?

Don101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know all the technicalities here but is it possible to fix 4609 - iCarly (U) and DSi 0039 - Alice In Wonderland (U)?

Much appreciated.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SnowStormAkikaze @ SnowStormAkikaze: Hey, about switch. If I want to change micro CD card to bigger size, Do I need to do something ...